login

Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208490 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
From Apple.com

New iLife for Mac:

iMovie supports standard and high definition video, as well as the most popular formats, including DV, HDV, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and even AVCHD.

iDVD also now has "Pro Quality Encoding": Maintain higher quality with more of your movies and slideshows on a single DVD.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
Ok this is getting frustratingly close, using Rejig I got the sup files, and I rebuilt Bourne with IFOedit so the subs are there but look ass! Amazing!

So I used the instructions in the first post to rebuild it with Rejig as well to get the right color, but when I hit create it makes a few kbs worth of files then just stops. does this sound like something obvious? Not a space issue.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
From Apple.com

New iLife for Mac:

iMovie supports standard and high definition video, as well as the most popular formats, including DV, HDV, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and even AVCHD.

iDVD also now has "Pro Quality Encoding": Maintain higher quality with more of your movies and slideshows on a single DVD.

So does this mean that iMovie doesn't compress the file and then uncompress it, because that's why the video looks like shit when you try to use it.
On timeout

Offline leeving

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Take it from me. I love you!
Ok this is getting frustratingly close, using Rejig I got the sup files, and I rebuilt Bourne with IFOedit so the subs are there but look ass! Amazing!

So I used the instructions in the first post to rebuild it with Rejig as well to get the right color, but when I hit create it makes a few kbs worth of files then just stops. does this sound like something obvious? Not a space issue.

i used rejig to rip the subs, but used dvd decrypter to grab the ifo file....then used rejig to author it....worked great...but the subs are for the hearing impaired too, so a lot of [wind blowing] type stuff.

just be sure to rip the right ifo file for the movie...for bourne it's VTS_01_0.IFO

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
yeah been using that, it makes the big temporary mux file, then starts on the directory tree and just finishes without making the vobs, I thought it might have been a space issue, so I made more room but it did the same thing again.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com

So does this mean that iMovie doesn't compress the file and then uncompress it, because that's why the video looks like shit when you try to use it.

I really hope so!  The one reason I enjoy using iMovie for the reauthors is I can watch the movie with the Rifftrax while I reauthor.  I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade my Powerbook or if I want to just blow my bank on a new 8 core Pro...

Actually I know what I want but it's more a decision on if I like to pay my mortgage and feed my family.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
Interesting comments on iMovie 08 under this review

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/08/08/imovie-08-lacks-support-for-plug-ins/

Lots of people aren't too happy with it if you do a quick Google search you will see what I mean.

No themes, no chapter markers, no time line editing...

« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 07:39:23 AM by k1posterchild »

• Mr Bungle
What sucks is that you don't get iLife for free if you have a .mac account.

Although it is nice to have 10 gb of iDisk space.

If I had a bigger harddrive I would install my Final Cut Pro and use that to make my re-authors.

Final Cut Pro is a resource hogging mother.
On timeout

Offline tmat311

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
I figure someone might find this useful: Guide to Creating a Rifftrax AVI.

I usually just rip my DVDs to my hard drive as XviDs, then put the DVDs in storage... and this is a fairly simple (though time consuming) way of addinf the Riffs to the AVI files.

• Mr Bungle
From Apple.com

New iLife for Mac:

This article may change your mind:  http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/17/apple-takes-a-step-back-with-imovie-08/index.html?hp
On timeout

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
Yeah it would have if I hadn't already tried it out in the Apple store and walked away disgusted.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1008
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Arrrgh.

Okay, after months of work, I'm down to my last disc to recompile. It's Top Gun, and for some unexplained reason, the mpeg file is exactly 1/2 hour too short. It reads 1:49 in DVD decrypt, and 1:19 on the hard drive.Any ideas here? Bizarrely enough, the audio file is the right length (which I discovered when the Rifftrax cut off in mid-sentence as I was watching it.) Any ideas?

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Arrrgh.

Okay, after months of work, I'm down to my last disc to recompile. It's Top Gun, and for some unexplained reason, the mpeg file is exactly 1/2 hour too short. It reads 1:49 in DVD decrypt, and 1:19 on the hard drive.Any ideas here? Bizarrely enough, the audio file is the right length (which I discovered when the Rifftrax cut off in mid-sentence as I was watching it.) Any ideas?

What's your original source for the movie?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1008
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
The 2 Disc Special Edition set.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Are there extra scenes that you can watch in the movie via "seamless branching?"
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien