Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 200595 times)

Offline squeezy

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
I've found a quite easier way in OS X using Quicktime Pro. All you have to have is the digital copy of your movie, the mp3 of the Rifftrax, Quicktime Pro, and a few minutes to edit, and your done, with no encoding or anything. This is of course only good for a digital copy, encoding it to DVD would result in quality loss. But honestly, it takes no more than five minutes to do once you have everything you need.

Would anyone like to me post a tutorial, or does this infringe the rules in anyway?

Offline mikeinsc81

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Hey all,

New to the forums, glad to have found this site... almost cried when I found out that the MST3K guys are still at it.  :)

So, uh... I already have an .avi of the movie I want to add the Rifftrax to (Chamber of Secrets), but not from ripping from a DVD.... *cough*.  But the instructions I've been reading on this thread are for ripping from DVDs.  Are there instructions for just taking an .avi and adding the Rifftrax .mp3 to it?  I've been grazing over the 39 pages to this thread, and haven't really come across a solution to my issue.  Have I missed it?

If someone could help me out, or point me to the page with the instructions, it'd be greatly appreciated.  Been trying to research this for a couple hours, it's making my brain hurt haha, so maybe if I've left out some information, let me know.  Thanx!

Action Batch

Anybody know a good freebie PC program that will convert a DVD to AVI or even WMV?

A freebie, no. I use Clone DVD Mobile and it was worth every penny. Even though pennies are totally worthless.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 02:36:30 AM by Action Batch »

Offline mikeinsc81

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Sorry, the edit post button's not working for me

I read the post earlier about using Nero 6.  I have Nero 8, the movie-making program that comes with it is NeroVision 5.  I was able to Open the .avi file.  Then I find the Rifftrax .mp3 and Open that as well (before I drag n drop each of them to the Timeline at the bottom of the screen, in order to tool around with them to sync them up).  The thing is that NeroVision is saying that the Rifftrax mp3 has exactly half the runtime than it should be.  In this case the actual runtime is 2:34:31, but NeroVIsion says it's 1:17:15.  Weird, huh?

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • Hey hey mama said the way you move
Again, I'm sorry if this has been dealt with.

I just purchased all the shorts and am ready to put them all on one DVD. Now I could make them all separately and they would play, but I don't think the chapter skip function would work. Does one of these programs allow you to put each short as a chapter, thus allowing for easy skipping to?

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • Hey hey mama said the way you move
Never mind. I answered my own question. I forgot that DVD Flick has an option to create new chapter with each new video source.

Offline Lyna

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Re: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #576 on: September 15, 2008, 05:12:52 PM »
I'm having a burning problem.

As in, it won't burn at all. I followed the full guide to the letter, and everything's gone really well up until the burning process. DVD Decrypter opens up to start burning, and I get... this.

Does anyone have any idea what the effing problem could be?

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 50
You ever burned anything? Your burner might suck. Or the disc might suck. I've had a dud disc now and again.

My problem is with those annoying black bars at the top and bottom. I'm using windows movie maker to make an Intro and a Stinger. I use WMM to edit, and DVDFlick to import the WMV for conversion to a DVD folder... but somewhere along the line it insists on making it 4x3 and putting black bars on the top and bottom. I've tried selecting 16x9 for the titles on DVDFlick but it adds side bars instead of stripping the top and bottom bars. I have a widescreen TV!

Is there any way to change a movie from 4x3 to 16x9, stripping off the black bars (or whatever's at the top and bottom for that matter)?

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
If it's 4x3, wouldn't it have to end up 16x12?
On timeout

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 36
    • Ortega's Covers
when you're making the intro or stinger in Movie Maker, set the settings to 16:9, then the source video will be the right ratio.  and FYI, convert to DV-NTSC instead of WMV, as the quality will be better.

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 50
when you're making the intro or stinger in Movie Maker, set the settings to 16:9, then the source video will be the right ratio.  and FYI, convert to DV-NTSC instead of WMV, as the quality will be better.

I drag in a VOB, go to the properties, and it's 720x480. It doesn't let me change it. I can change "preview" aspect ratio to 16x9 but it still exports a 4x3 box. Also it won't let me save it to the hard drive as anything but a WMV. DV-NTSC requires me to put in a disc. Maybe I have the wrong version of movie maker? (Vista x64)

Offline BizarroBeachHead

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Hey guys,

I've never had any problems using SASD's guide on my old computer.  But I recently got a new one, and am experiencing a confusing problem.  I have no problems ripping the video, audio, mixing etc.  But when I go to reauthor it all together in rejig, it messes up.  It "authors" the dvd, but doesn't actually make the whole dvd.  It gives me 508 MB of files, which amounts to one or two .vob's that are a few seconds of black screen.

I've never had this problem before.  I hope it's not something with Vista, I've been having problems with it for some other programs.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Sounds like a Vista problem.
On timeout

jasimon1

Re: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #583 on: November 18, 2008, 10:05:59 PM »
I need some help. I'm trying to reauthor Pirates. Everything seems to go fine until I try to put the audio and the video back together. The first time I tried, Rejig errored so I tried it again and get the same thing. I then opened the file Regij gave me when I demuxed and it's compressed the video into about 43 min. I try to demux the video again and get the same thing with Rejig. I try to demux with DVD Decrypter and get the same thing. Anyone have any ideas why it would be doing that? Any solutions you could come up with?

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #584 on: November 19, 2008, 05:58:17 AM »
For some reason, when you try to view a demuxed video file, it will run faster than it's supposed to when you try to view it.

If it's actually listed that there's only 43 minutes of video, you might need to put the DVD onto your hard disk using a program that will take all the copy protection out, like DVDFab (the freeware version). Then you can demux the video and audio.