login

Author Topic: Chris Benoit WWE Superstar and Family found dead this morning.  (Read 10744 times)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
Just wanted to let any of you wrestling fans know that Chris Benoit and his family have passed away.  Police are investingating his house as a crime scene but no details have been stated so far.  Thought you might want to know since Raw starts in about 5 minutes.   
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 09:24:03 PM by raven166 »

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
Re: Chris Benoit WWE Superstar and Family found dead this morning.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 05:37:08 PM »
WHAT???>>A>S>?AS>?D>A:LDAD>?>ALDP:"O"
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 05:40:37 PM »
Holy crap man.... that's so sad.... I wonder what happened?
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 05:57:25 PM »
Woah, that's cold. His whole family.

Quote from:  www.940news.com
STAMFORD, Conn. (CP) - Canadian pro wrestler Chris Benoit has been found dead at his suburban Atlanta home along with his wife Nancy and son, World Wrestling Entertainment said Monday.

"There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities," the WWE statement said on its website.

WWE said information about the deaths came from "authorities" in Fayetteville County, Ga. A spokesman for the Peachtree City Police Department said he had no information on the report, telling a reporter to contact his superior on Tuesday.

WWE spokeswoman Cheryl Kong in Toronto said Monday night's "Raw" TV program would serve as a tribute to Benoit and his family.

Benoit, 40, was born in Montreal and lived in Edmonton. He was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the website statement said.

Benoit was scheduled to wrestle at the Vengeance pay-per-view Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 08:22:08 PM »
Just found this on an Atlanta based news programs website.

WWE Wrestler, Family Found Dead
Written By: Michael King
Last Modified: 6/25/2007 10:55:30 PM

WWE professional wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their 7-year-old son Daniel were found dead in their home near White Water Country Club in Fayette County on Monday afternoon.

Lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found about 2:30 p.m.

Pope said they went to Benoit's residence a the request of WWE officials, who said he had missed professional appearances.

Police discovered three bodies in the home. Pope said they are presently investigating the deaths as a double murder-suicide. The family's bodies have been taken to the GBI crime lab, with autopsy results expected sometime during the day on Tuesday.

Benoit, 40, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

On their Web site, World Wrestling Entertainment officials said in a statement that Benoit and his family were found dead on Monday afternoon.

The statement said, "World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities. Monday night's 'Raw' on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family."

WWE president Vince McMahon began Monday's USA Network "WWE Raw" program by announcing Benoit's death, and announcing that Monday's live program would be canceled. He said that in its place, they would air a three-hour tribute to Benoit's wrestling career.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit, a Canadian native, maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling.

Benoit's wife, Nancy, managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman." They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing storyline on Turner-owned World Championship Wrestling.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

The federal-style house is in a secluded neighborhood set back about 60 yards off a gravel road, surrounded by stacked stone wall and double-iron gate.

Monday night, the house was dark except for a few outside lights. There was a police car in front, and two uniformed officers.

jasimon1

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 08:33:56 PM »
This is crazy!!

The following is from ABCNews.com:

Wrestling star Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son Daniel were found dead in their suburban Atlanta home Monday. The deaths are being investigated as a possible suicide and double homicide, authorities told ABC News.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check." When sheriffs arrived at the Benoits' home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and their son dead.

There were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be weeks before there is a result.

Benoit, 40, was scheduled to spar against C.M. Punk in a pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston for the Extreme Champion Wrestling title. But Benoit canceled before the event, citing personal reasons.

A native of Edmonton, Alberta, Benoit was known in the ring as the "Canadian Crippler."

Following the announcement of the deaths, World Wrestling Entertainment issued a statement: "Chris was beloved among his fellow superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability. He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and towards his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss. WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy."

WWE announced that it would drop its planned Monday night line-up on the USA Network to air a three-hour tribute to Benoit.

In a sport known for bravado and bullying, Benoit was very much beloved and respected by his peers. He was passionate about his profession and served as a mentor to many younger, up-and-coming performers. As an indication of how much the fans enjoyed him, when the crowd in Houston's Toyota Center learned Sunday night that he wouldn't be there, they chanted, "We want Benoit!"

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 08:35:44 PM »
yeah, its unbelievable. I watched most of the Raw tribute show, but couldnt get through the rest of it

I'm glad WWE broke kayfabe with the whole Vince is dead angle. It was bad enough when Sherri died last week and they were doing a fake death story
I really do like pie.

Offline Reductio_ad_absurdum

• Big Montana
    • A Singular Way
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 09:55:06 PM »
I've haven't watched WWE in a long time, but I still miss Eddie Guerreros.  I send my condolances to the Benoit family that remain.

I hate how empty that always sounds.

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 10:36:51 PM »
Oh god.  :'(

Offline Mr. 420

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • And thats when Lincoln said "Don't diss my homies"
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 10:44:14 PM »
At least Vince was classy enough to forget about stupid gimmicks and give a wrestler that never needed a gimmick the tribute that he deserved...so did Vinnie Mac curse himself with his fake death storyline?
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 12:45:52 AM »
I heard this on the radio, and though I haven't paid any attention to wrestling in years, thanks to recent events my first thought was fake publicity stunt.

Benoit's wife, Nancy, managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman." They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing storyline.[/quoted] WTF?

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 07:33:55 AM »
Wow, that is just horrible.  That poor family.  I wonder what happened.

jasimon1

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 08:14:28 AM »
The reports now are all saying he killed his wife and son this past weekend and himself on Monday. The latest report on msnbc says that once details are released, they are going to be very shocking.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 08:16:55 AM »
Gah...that's even worse.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 09:52:57 AM »
It's so sad -- he was so respected in the wrestling community, and was one of the best faces the biz has ever seen - and one of the best heels....

My first inclination is that he was incredibly depressed at the point of his mid-life, and that is what drove him to do this... Perhaps something triggered said depression.... I don't know -- but man, this is so sad....

I remember watching Benoit on Monday Nitro. Back then, who would have thought....
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...