Author Topic: They could've done more with this  (Read 2428 times)

Offline JoeyJoeJoe

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
They could've done more with this
« on: June 25, 2007, 10:21:15 AM »
Kevin retching went on too long and they did kind of dwell on the overall suckiness factor (No kidding it sucked. Now make with the wisecracks).

I wouldv'e done something with the scene where Jar-Jar's tongue went numb. Made nearly all the same sounds as Bill Cosby during his "Himself" era "going to the dentist" novocaine bit. I dunno.

The best satirical treatment of "Sith" was the Simpsons. It's hard to top "They're just Alpha Bits with extra J's" or "Tabled the motion is..... Or is it?"

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
Re: They could've done more with this
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 07:07:21 PM »
I can't get enough of Kevin Retching.

Also, I don't think they wanted to give the numb tongue gag any attention, in the hopes that it would go away.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 08:37:07 PM »
 the title hear goes without saying, you could never slam it enough. 

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 07:51:54 AM »
To paraphrase somebody else from a different thread around here that is totally unrelated to the rifftrax treatment of TPM:

Sure, you can poke fun at a retarded kid... but it gets stale pretty quickly.

So, in that sense... I do agree with the original poster. As I said in another thread that was related to the rifftrax treatment of TPM... If I found 20 seconds of fake vomiting amusing, I would have found JarJar to be effective comic relief to begin with. Overall, I did enjoy the track... while some people seemed to love it... I found a lot of riffs where my reaction was "No kidding, this sucks... thanks for keeping me updated". That said, there were a TON of outstanding belly laugh moments in this one that easily outweighed their sometimes indulgent hatchet-job tendancies.

Principal_Skin-trade

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 11:02:21 AM »
My biggest problem with the film is this... Anakin flies a spaceship and accidentally destroys a big-ass Trade Federation ship... without any training in flying a spaceship. Some may chalk it up to the force, but that's just too easy of a bullshit explanation. Assuming the force was real, Anakin would have still been murdered by the Trade federation while screaming for mommy and yelling "It's not supposed to be this way!!". lol. Yes, Dark I know but that would have been funny to see in a star wars movie cuz at the end, they'd all say "Ummm... what do we do now? We lost the chosen one, Quite Wrong cuz he drinks a lot of Gin!!!"