Author Topic: Harmonix Rock Band!  (Read 19318 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
Re: Harmonix Rock Band!
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2007, 06:06:47 PM »
the 360 being wired has been known for ages, it's the date and price that is new, 30 bucks lower than people expected, but 3 days later.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2007, 06:31:40 PM »
the 360 being wired has been known for ages, it's the date and price that is new, 30 bucks lower than people expected, but 3 days later.

DAMN They are releasing it on BLACK FRIDAY! UGH. Since I have to work all day I am going to pre-order it online. No way I am going to any other store  on that day,
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2007, 07:21:47 AM »
Well at least you are getting it this year.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2007, 07:58:06 AM »
There is that.

I like how Amazon is saying the list price is $199.99 and they have it on sale for $169.99 when everyone will be selling it for $169.99.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2007, 08:37:24 AM »
Hehe. I just hope everyone isn't sick of it by the time I get to play it with you guys.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2007, 09:57:10 AM »
I'm sure a lot of people will be playing this for a long time, if MTV keeps up the promise of new songs and albums every week.  I was so pissed with GHII and how they didnt keep up with their promise of new music. As long as more and more music is coming ill keep playing :)

I must have just missed the memo on that. I had believed all along that it was going to be wireless like what GHIII is going to have. or have they changed that as well?

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2007, 12:27:57 PM »
Certainly is going to be one available, I don't know offhand if it's with the standard bundle. There will be one for Rock Band for the 360, just sold seperately.

Now that we know the price (well for people like me, we have some idea) the next important thing is the cost of the DLC.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2007, 02:41:24 PM »
And here I thought that Rock Band wasn't even coming out on the PS2. 
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2007, 02:51:28 PM »
The Strat will be wired for the 360 in the bundle and presumably there will be a wireless version down the road. Microsoft's wireless is proprietary and costs a pretty penny and Harmonix didn't want to add to the cost of the bundle. GH3 has the distinction of having the very first wireless peripheral  for the 360 so there has to be some truth to the cost and willingness of MS to let people do wireless. The 360 bundle of Rock Band is also going to include a USB hub so that all the instruments can be plugged in. 

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2007, 10:16:32 AM »
so new stuff
Boston - Foreplay/Longtime
Police - Next to You
Molly Hatchett - Flirtin'  with Disaster.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2007, 02:01:48 AM »
From Scorehero:

In addition to sharing our impressions of Rock Band, we are proud to announce a brand new feature in Rock Band that will involve playing the entire setlist from start to end without having the chance to back out. We are not allowed to mention how many songs are in the game, or what you will get for completing the grueling task. But you'd better be prepared to spend nearly an entire working-day rocking out non-stop to get this notch under your belt!

The Endless Setlist!! Good god!

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2007, 03:34:22 AM »
From Scorehero:

In addition to sharing our impressions of Rock Band, we are proud to announce a brand new feature in Rock Band that will involve playing the entire setlist from start to end without having the chance to back out. We are not allowed to mention how many songs are in the game, or what you will get for completing the grueling task. But you'd better be prepared to spend nearly an entire working-day rocking out non-stop to get this notch under your belt!

The Endless Setlist!! Good god!

Oh man.  While you'll not be able to back out I sure hope you can pause it to give your fingers a rest.  Otherwise that might be nearly impossible for someone like me to finish.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2007, 04:13:55 AM »
I'm sure you would be able to pause. Not sure why people are playing up the length so much, if you read the official forums people are say '6 hours of music', when there is really only something like 2 in the game.

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2007, 06:31:58 AM »
I'm sure you would be able to pause. Not sure why people are playing up the length so much, if you read the official forums people are say '6 hours of music', when there is really only something like 2 in the game.

Yeah.  If there are 45 songs in the game (assuming that the 30 or so bonus tracks don't count in the unending setlist) and you assume that every song is about 4 minutes long on average, that makes the total playtime of the unending setlist about 3 hours long.  If you include the bonus tracks you're talking more like 5 hours.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2007, 07:41:13 AM »
Man that is Crazy go nuts!  This game is just going to be awesome!  I was watching the preview that IGN has showing how they set up the way that you play songs by touring the country and playing at smaller venues and then working your way up to the bigger stuff.  here is a link if you want to check it out:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/879/879549/vids_1.html

its just video labeled "Video Preview"