login

Author Topic: Harmonix Rock Band!  (Read 19233 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
Re: Harmonix Rock Band!
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2007, 01:55:30 PM »
the audio isn't going to be different is it? the console must be able to handle sloooowing sooouunnddd doooowwwwwwwnnnnn. If that's what you are referring to?

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2007, 02:56:36 PM »
In case anyone is interested, I get this artist-career newsletter thing and Harmonix is hiring graphic artists and animators. 
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2007, 09:24:09 PM »
the audio isn't going to be different is it? the console must be able to handle sloooowing sooouunnddd doooowwwwwwwnnnnn. If that's what you are referring to?

I guess it could be a software/hardware process that slows the songs down. I just assumed it was seperate audio tracks for each of the speeds.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2007, 10:28:02 PM »
I guess it could be, it's just I would have thought that there should definitely be enough horsepower there to do it on the console itself, on GH 2 the practice room was just a texture so it wasn't like it had to do anything else at the time.

Offline the long undertow

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2007, 07:31:47 AM »
Everything I read makes me want this game more and more.  I don't know if I can convince myself to buy a 360 and all the equipment though.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2007, 10:36:23 AM »
Everything I read makes me want this game more and more.  I don't know if I can convince myself to buy a 360 and all the equipment though.

Yeah I can see if you had to buy a console on top of the game bundles how you would be hesitant. It is coming out for the PS2 as well. Though I don't think you would get the DLC .
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2007, 10:45:43 AM »
I'm in the same boat, never owned a console, but really want this. going to have to get quite serious with the savings.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2007, 12:39:11 PM »
Well i would hope that there would be a few more games that would convince you to purchase a 360.  They have a lot of exciting games coming out for the Christmas Season.  Mass Effect, Rock Band, GHIII, Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, and Bioshock was just released.  So many games, so little time to play them all.

Offline the long undertow

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2007, 02:36:26 PM »
Well i would hope that there would be a few more games that would convince you to purchase a 360.  They have a lot of exciting games coming out for the Christmas Season.  Mass Effect, Rock Band, GHIII, Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, and Bioshock was just released.  So many games, so little time to play them all.
I would probably get Bioshock and GH3.  Dead Rising seemed good too.  Other than that, I haven't seen too much that I would buy.  But I also have to consider the PS3.  It comes down to what system exclusive games will be coming in the future.  I'm not aware of too many that I would want at this point, but I do know that whatever comes from the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus people will be for PS3.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2007, 02:41:36 PM »
Cool man, i always say go with what you like. I dont see the point of bickering what system is the best. everyone has their own preference and that is totally cool with me

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2007, 07:35:15 AM »
Rock Band Trailer featuring Highway Star

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24684.html

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2007, 02:21:52 PM »
Game Informer has a nice video of a bunch of songs played single player.

http://media.gameinformer.com/downloads/downloads2014/movies/2007/rock/rockmontage.wmv

So we can add, Lip Sync Data to the file size, possibly some movement data too, plus in learn to fly the audience joins in the song, so that could be another audio track too.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2007, 05:33:29 PM »
REM - Orange Crush, Master, added.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2007, 03:50:34 PM »

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2007, 04:23:30 PM »
The 360 one will be wired. A wireless 360 guitar will be available at a later date, those MTV people tell us."

And all along i thought we were told that it was going to be a wireless guitar! guess ill have to get GHIII just to get my wireless.