Author Topic: Harmonix Rock Band!  (Read 17111 times)

Offline Hank_Peters

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • Look at my crotch!
    • My music
Re: Harmonix Rock Band!
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
Out of all the songs Metallica could give them, they gave them Enter Sandman? I sure hope that they'll put Ride the Lightning as a downloadable album, because the Black Album is piss poor in my opinion.  Major points for Tom Sawyer though, I've been waiting for that tune since the first guitar hero.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 732
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2007, 09:59:13 PM »
Out of all the songs Metallica could give them, they gave them Enter Sandman? I sure hope that they'll put Ride the Lightning as a downloadable album, because the Black Album is piss poor in my opinion.  Major points for Tom Sawyer though, I've been waiting for that tune since the first guitar hero.

I am excited about Tom Sawyer too even if it is a cover. Should be loads of fun!

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2007, 12:20:26 AM »
Here is the official pic of the Rock Band drum set.

Also Harmonix is promising new downloads EVERY WEEK!!!  Single songs, multi song packs and FULL albums from artists! Can anyone say "guitar hero what"??

I also have to thank my wife for being so understanding about the amount of money that is going to be spent this November. She said it the best. "I won't think of Rock Band as being a $200-$300 video game but rather as another $200-$300 video game SYSTEM"

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Hank_Peters

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Look at my crotch!
    • My music
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2007, 11:35:47 AM »
I keep hearing people jeering guitar hero now, and it's usually the "guitar hero lick my nuts!" and "fuck guitar hero" kind of smack. And it's not coming from the people who are pissed that Konomi didn't cash in on GuitarMania for America. It's from veteran Guitar Hero players. Jesus, it's not as if some up and running company came up with Rock Band and decided to bankrupt Harmonix, it's the same developer! It's not as if this is a whole new game either. It's just Guitar Hero duct taped to SingStar and Donkey Konga.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 341
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2007, 12:49:51 PM »
This looks pretty fun to me, I am trying to snag a cheapish copy of Guitar Hero 2 to see if I like the format. My flatmate has an Xbox 360 and a PS2, so I should be able to 'borrow' one.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2007, 04:53:39 PM »
I keep hearing people jeering guitar hero now, and it's usually the "guitar hero lick my nuts!" and "fuck guitar hero" kind of smack. And it's not coming from the people who are pissed that Konomi didn't cash in on GuitarMania for America. It's from veteran Guitar Hero players. Jesus, it's not as if some up and running company came up with Rock Band and decided to bankrupt Harmonix, it's the same developer! It's not as if this is a whole new game either. It's just Guitar Hero duct taped to SingStar and Donkey Konga.

You should try reading the Guitar Hero forums. It is headache inducing. Everyone seems to be roughly 11 years old.  My favorite quote from that board so far is :

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Rock Band suxs, GH FO' Life!!!!!

There also probably wouldn't be so much GH bashing if they came even remotely close to fulfilling their promises about GH2 on the 360. The DLC is pathetic.  I will still be getting GH3 in October and I am just hoping that all the refinements that were made between GH 1 and 2 don't get lost with the new game.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1498
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2007, 04:54:47 PM »
I'm curious to see what happens with the downloadable content for the Wii version since it's not exactly sporting a decent sized hard drive.  Maybe they'll use the USB ports for a hard drive?

I definitely can't wait.  But I guess Guitar Hero 80's can tide me over until the Wii version of GH3 comes out to tide me over until Rock Band.

Offline HeartPoundinVeinsCloggin

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Mike, Kevin, why do you hate me?
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2007, 11:20:11 AM »

You should try reading the Guitar Hero forums. It is headache inducing. Everyone seems to be roughly 11 years old.  My favorite quote from that board so far is :

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Rock Band suxs, GH FO' Life!!!!!

There also probably wouldn't be so much GH bashing if they came even remotely close to fulfilling their promises about GH2 on the 360. The DLC is pathetic.  I will still be getting GH3 in October and I am just hoping that all the refinements that were made between GH 1 and 2 don't get lost with the new game.

Is it because MTV bought Harmonix? I felt a little sad when I heard that, but I love GH and plan to buy pretty much whatever they put out. If you like GH, how could you not be excited about Rock Band? Maybe the whiners are mad because Harmonix "sold out" or something?
"Trumpy, you can do stupid things!"

"When you major in boggy creek studies, you can pretty much write your own ticket."

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2007, 12:09:54 PM »
Is it because MTV bought Harmonix? I felt a little sad when I heard that, but I love GH and plan to buy pretty much whatever they put out. If you like GH, how could you not be excited about Rock Band? Maybe the whiners are mad because Harmonix "sold out" or something?

A ton of the children that post on the boards and that are bitching about Rock Band believe that Rock Band is "ripping off" Guitar Hero. They have no idea that exact same people that created GH are the creators of RB. Even Activision big shots said in regards to Rock band "that there will be imitators"!

Offline Hank_Peters

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Look at my crotch!
    • My music
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2007, 12:41:39 PM »
You know, back in 2005 before the game actually came out, those boards had some good people. John Tam was nice and didn't have his head up his ass, and the guitarist from Dirst would answer questions about the making of the game. A lot of the people there were older than they were now, and spent their time tinkering with the controllers and making cool mods (a favorite of mine was when someone rigged up a toy Elmo guitar to play Guitar Hero). Now it's full of "COMON WHERE'S MASTER OF PUPPETS" and "CLICK HERE FOR ZEPPLIEN" (with spelling errors). There was only one campaign that did anything, and I think it was just one dude who did this whole "Buckethead in GH2" thing. The whole place just reeks now. It stinks!

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2007, 12:44:38 PM »
Lets pray that this forum doesn't fall into the same fate as many other such as GH and IMDB have become.   :-[

Offline HeartPoundinVeinsCloggin

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Mike, Kevin, why do you hate me?
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2007, 12:55:22 PM »

A ton of the children that post on the boards and that are bitching about Rock Band believe that Rock Band is "ripping off" Guitar Hero. They have no idea that exact same people that created GH are the creators of RB. Even Activision big shots said in regards to Rock band "that there will be imitators"!

Guess I gave the tards too much credit ... damn kids and their internets ...
"Trumpy, you can do stupid things!"

"When you major in boggy creek studies, you can pretty much write your own ticket."

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2007, 01:49:34 PM »
You know, back in 2005 before the game actually came out, those boards had some good people. John Tam was nice and didn't have his head up his ass, and the guitarist from Dirst would answer questions about the making of the game. A lot of the people there were older than they were now, and spent their time tinkering with the controllers and making cool mods (a favorite of mine was when someone rigged up a toy Elmo guitar to play Guitar Hero). Now it's full of "COMON WHERE'S MASTER OF PUPPETS" and "CLICK HERE FOR ZEPPLIEN" (with spelling errors). There was only one campaign that did anything, and I think it was just one dude who did this whole "Buckethead in GH2" thing. The whole place just reeks now. It stinks!

The forums over at Rock Band are so much better. Sure there are noob posts all over the place and some level of fanboyism but it is nothing like the Red Octane boards. Harmonix guys post stuff all the time and they moderate and ban when needed. I also read that Red Octane was deleting posts about Rock Band if they were positive. Not sure how true that was though.

Offline Hank_Peters

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Look at my crotch!
    • My music
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2007, 01:55:32 PM »
I just realized, I'm more than 100% sure that Drum controller would've been perfect for FreQuency and Amplitude.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2007, 01:08:03 AM »
The negatives of Rock Band!

[yt=425,350]1ApOF0WhS3Q[/yt]