login

Author Topic: Harmonix Rock Band!  (Read 19322 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
Re: Harmonix Rock Band!
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »
I'd believe it, the fact that they won't give any details on individual peripheral sales is a pretty strong indicator that they just can't make them fast enough. I'm sure the fact that there are no dates yet for non-US versions is at least partially for the same reason.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2007, 12:34:46 PM »
I may have to stop by Gamestop or somewhere like that today then just so i can guarantee my copy

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2007, 06:01:36 PM »
www.rockband.com has had a huge update. especially under videos and game info.

Is there any denying that RB's Art Dept stomps all over GH3's?

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2007, 09:26:02 PM »

Is there any denying that RB's Art Dept stomps all over GH3's?

I'm feeling that too.  I like how the customization of each band member gives it a different feel.  The crowd looks better, the camera angles are more interesting...not  big things, but not little things either.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2007, 10:18:24 PM »
The character maker is supposed to be awesome.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Shadow

• Schnappi Supporter
  • 100% Stallone Powered
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2007, 04:33:15 AM »
I'm sorry but as much as I love Guitar Hero and as cool as this looks there is no way I'm paying 160 bucks for a game.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2007, 05:00:21 AM »
Well if you have a Guitar already and/or a usb microphone just pick up the stand alone game for the time being.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2007, 06:51:20 AM »
Well, my girlfriend puts up with my stupid plastic guitar playing (barely), but I don't think I want to subject her (or anybody else) to my singing.  I am still very much on the fence if I will be picking this game up.

Who am I kidding, of course I'm buying it....the wimpy PS2 version though.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2007, 06:51:42 AM »
Considering you can do three different instrument tours guitar/drums/singing just pretend you are buying three games.... I am looking at it as if I was buying a new game system. As long as they stay true to their words about DLC I will be happy.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2007, 06:59:21 AM »
Considering you can do three different instrument tours guitar/drums/singing just pretend you are buying three games.... I am looking at it as if I was buying a new game system. As long as they stay true to their words about DLC I will be happy.

I couldn't agree more.  The cost may be the main reason a lot of people aren't too sure about purchasing this or not. I felt that way at one point, but after i tried out the demo at Best Buy I was hooked! 

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2007, 07:43:03 AM »
I think it will have a lot of replay value just for the different instruments. Play drums for a bit switch to guitar. Do a little singing....

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2007, 07:46:26 AM »

Yeah how the DLC is going to be handled is the last big mystery really. If they get the price right it will just own everything. Apparently some magazine that is about to ship is announcing 24 tracks and apparently they are "not what everyone expects", so presumably those 24 aren't Who's Next and the Grateful Dead stuff. Mind you since GH3 is apparently sticking with the forced bundling and high prices the bar hasn't been set too high.

I think it will have a lot of replay value just for the different instruments. Play drums for a bit switch to guitar. Do a little singing....

Yeah after finishing a single player career or 2 I think I will give BWT a go by singing and playing bass.

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2007, 08:27:32 AM »
I couldn't agree more.  The cost may be the main reason a lot of people aren't too sure about purchasing this or not. I felt that way at one point, but after i tried out the demo at Best Buy I was hooked! 

Yeah.  I already had the game pre-ordered for a few weeks and after playing the demo at Best Buy I was really glad I did.  I personally like Rock Band's guitar a lot better than Guitar Hero's.  The strum bar doesn't make an annoying clicking sound, the guitar has a nice bit of heft to it, and the fret buttons feel more comfortable to me. 

There was one weird thing I ran into though.  I turned on lefty flip (Makes sense since I'm left-handed) but noticed that the game wouldn't count your strums if I strummed up.  It only counted them when I strummed down.  Anyone else run into this?  I sure hope that's just in the demo and not in the final game.  That'd get a little annoying.

Also, my brother was playing on drums and whenever he hit them they made an extremely loud clicking sound.  It was so loud that it was a little hard to hear the song.  I really hope that version of the drum kit isn't final.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to put something over the drums to stop that annoying clicking noise.

Still, besides those two gripes, the game was really fun.  I can't wait for this to come out.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2007, 08:42:31 AM »
Depending on how hard you wail on the drum kit you are going to get some noise. My plan is to crank up the music or use my noise canceling headphones while I play to avoid the noise of the drum pads.

Offline the long undertow

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2007, 07:46:04 AM »
Played the drums at Best Buy last night.  It felt pretty awkward, as I've never played actual drums before.  Definitely feels like they'll will require practice just to get used to drum technique.

It sort of bugged me that I couldn't tell when I'd made a mistake as easily.  I liked the change from GH to GH2 of the screen shaking when you miss a note.  It didn't seem like they had anything like that for Rock Band.