Author Topic: Last concert you went to  (Read 77726 times)

Offline Hank_Peters

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • Look at my crotch!
    • My music
Last concert you went to
« on: June 12, 2007, 09:04:31 PM »
Almost counts, but I will be seeing Les Claypool tomorrow. And I'm excited, after missing him on three different times. What was the last show that you guys went to?

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
Re: Last concert you went to
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 09:52:46 PM »
Last concert I went to was back in 2005.  The Rolling Stones performed in Albany for the first time in 30 or 40 years.  I had tickets in the nosebleed seats, but it was the most fun I've ever had.  (It was a rather small venue, too.  If I had paid that amount at a place like in Austin, where they recorded the DVD, I doubt I would have been able to see the guys perform.)

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 10:26:38 PM »
I went to see Lynard Skynard and Bocephus last week. It's the second time I wore a cowboy hat in public, the first being a rodeo.

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 10:36:41 PM »
Rush 30th anniversary tour a few years ago.  It kept my string alive of seeing every Atlanta show by them since 1984.

Offline PsypherPunk

• Big Montana
    • PsypherPunk
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 12:11:55 AM »
Man, it's been a while. I think the last one was Hayseed Dixie in Manchester, last years sometime. A fine, fine gig.

Offline lapager1

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 12:15:49 AM »
After a concert drought of a few years, I went to see Animal Collective a couple weeks ago. It was a pretty small venue, which is usually cool. I had never been a real big fan of their's (but I like them more now). They have an.....interesting.....fan base.
"How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech."  --Soren Kierkegaard

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 01:50:26 AM »
They Might Be Giants. Last summer at Variety Playhouse (I think there might be a song about that gig on Venue Songs). My partner took some photos for her nephew; if I ever feel motivated, I'll post a couple.

p.s. Strong Bad did a song with them, and the guy dropped his backstage pass; she has it now.  :)
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 02:22:55 AM »
Heaven and Hell, (Black Sabbath with Ronnie Dio), in New York's Radio City Music Hall.

"There's a little white shape lookin' down at me;
Said, 'Heaven is where you oughtta be!';
Said, 'Come with me, cuz I know just what to do!';
But I said, 'GO AWAY!  I'M GONNA BURN IN HELL, WITH ALL OF YOU!!!' --- Ronnie James Dio

It was cool like that.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 07:17:07 AM »
Well, I went to see Jim Gaffigan last year, but the last band I saw...uh...damn, I can't remember.  The Get Up Kids?  The Pixies?  Possibly The Pixies. 

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 07:43:48 AM »
I saw Mike Doughty at a small venue last fall.  He's always great in concert, very amicable towards the crowd.  Regrettably, I haven't been going to as many shows lately.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline Don W

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 08:49:25 AM »
I just saw Nekromantix this past Saturday in San Francisco. If you've never heard of them they play psychobilly music, which is like a mix of rockabilly and punk rock. The frontman is a hell of a showman. Oh yeah, and did I mention that he builds his own basses that look like coffins.

Here's a couple pics I took with my crappy camera phone:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:59:23 AM by Don W »

Offline Sinflux

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • Sinflux Clothing
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »
The Murderdolls or something (we got free tickets) about 3 years ago.  That's the only concert I've been to.

*lame
Nicolas Cage is .... FU MANCHU!!

www.sinflux.com  Cool clothes for cool people *double thumbs up*

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 11:00:46 AM »
Pearl Jam, last summer at the Excel

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 11:33:22 AM »
I can't remember the last but in a couple of weeks I'll be seeing Meshell Ndegeocello. I've heard it will be an interesting experience.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 12:23:46 PM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 12:21:52 PM »
My regular concert going days are ten years behind me... when it was an off weekend if their wasn't some band playing somewhere around Detroit that I wanted to go see. Now I'm reduced to occasionally going to whatever random shows that I can manage to weasle free corporate suite tickets for... if it's free I can do it... but with the prices nowadays... I don't go out of my way. I think Red Hot Chili Peppers was the last concert I attended last year or the year before... with AC/DC, U2, Kid Rock, Depeche Mode, Iron Maiden, and The Cure all falling within the last five years or so.