Author Topic: Are Netflix users trying to tell me something?  (Read 3635 times)

Offline zeyguy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 2
Are Netflix users trying to tell me something?
« on: May 30, 2007, 07:58:33 AM »
I have been a Netflix customer for close to seven years. During that time, prior to last week, I have had only four discs come in cracked and broken. It happens but it's extremely rare. In the last week, I have received two broken discs. Both were from the same movie. Glitter. I get a broken disc. I report it to Netflix as unplayable and the send me the replacement. The replacement is equally broken.

This can not be a coincidence!

Clearly, this can only mean that the natural reaction upon seeing this movie is to crack the disc and prevent it from harming others. Maybe Glitter just isn't in the cards for me. I don't think I can bring myself to rent it in person at a Blockbuster. Ordering it off from Amazon is right out, because that would mean owning a copy of Glitter. I guess I'm just going to have to let this one go. Wasn't meant to be, apparently.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
Re: Are Netflix users trying to tell me something?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 08:07:20 AM »

I'm not really being serious here... but.... If people are purposely breaking copies of Glitter, then that's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Netflix is inevitably going to have to replace those discs which means, at some level, more financial support for the movie itself. Also, I'm expecting Netflix to deliver my copy of Glitter today... I promise NOT to break it on purpose.

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 08:17:27 AM »
Haha, what a weird coincidence.  I've gotten a broken disc once, I think it was some Ultraman disc, but only once. 

Maybe the people who watch Glitter who aren't doing it for Rifftrax are the kind of people who use dvds as coasters. 
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 08:37:40 AM »
I wonder if Netflix mailed you the same broken glitter disc twice?    Someone in the supply or mail room may have messed up.   I say try again.   The rifftrax was HILARIOUS and worth the hassle.

Offline zeyguy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 08:45:38 AM »
I wonder if Netflix mailed you the same broken glitter disc twice?    Someone in the supply or mail room may have messed up.   I say try again.   The rifftrax was HILARIOUS and worth the hassle.

No. I reported the disc as unplayable, but didn't drop the disc in the mailbox until after the replacement disc had already been sent. Against my better judgement, I've requested a second replacement disc for the first replacement disc.

If this one arrives broken, I'm giving up on Glitter. I'm not going to ask for a third replacement disc. Maybe, if I find it at some discount bin at Walmart selling for three bucks, I'll pick it up then.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 10:55:52 AM »
It was a common situation with Crossroads as well. Maybe people who watch chick flicks don't know how to take care of DVDs. :^)

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 10:57:06 AM »

No. I reported the disc as unplayable, but didn't drop the disc in the mailbox until after the replacement disc had already been sent. Against my better judgement,

Yeah, I do the same thing when I get a broken Netflix disc... I'm about 99.9 percent positive that Netflix places broken discs back into circulation instead of replacing them.

'only trust Netflix as far as you can throw a copy of Glitter' ;)