login

Author Topic: FAN RIFFING  (Read 19801 times)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
Re: FAN RIFFING
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 11:23:40 PM »
Me too, but I need a partner because it'd be lame by myself. I want to riff Enter the Dragon.

"Nobody move... I lost a contact."

I would riff the hell out of Enter the Dragon with you.

Me too. My roommate and I had a whale of a time watching that recently. John Effing Saxon!

I strongly suspect that we're gonna end up drunkenly riffing Superman Returns at my roommmate's brother's bachelor party next weekend. We are party animals, baby. :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 11:27:04 PM by Sharktopus »

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2007, 02:45:12 PM »
Geekza now has commentary tracks of a few movies in its podcast RSS feed. Here's some direct links:

Pirates of the Caribbean -- Download

Back to the Future -- Download

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade -- Download

We had Jurassic Park queued up at one point but ran into technical difficulties. We have to get back on that wagon at some point. We're talking about doing Ghostbusters this weekend as well.

NOTE: These are not riffs, per se, more live commentaries of general discussion about the film that occasionally spins into hilarity. Hope you enjoy.

-Chris

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 06:36:43 PM »
By the way, I had a lot of fun with the Last Crusade commentary. I had a bit of trouble keeping synched, but mostly the timing didn't need to be perfect, and it was laugh out loud funny at points, interesting in all the rest. Downloaded the other two, and planning on watching one tomorrow.
By the way, I have all three of those movies in the house. I think you chose a good bunch of popular movies so far.

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 02:52:56 PM »
Ghostbusters is a no-go, the people we want to be there for that aren't available. Instead, doing a commentary on "The Matrix" tonight, starting at 7PM Eastern if you wanna listen live.

We've already made a pact that we'll be staying as far away as possible from Rifftrax jokes, though there's one in particular that you'll hear us biting down on our lips in pain not to shout it out. The Matrix still remains our fave Rifftrax so it's really, *really* hard.

-Chris

Link to the show: http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=8230
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 02:56:07 PM by ChrisHanel »

Offline MarkAndrew

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
Re: Fan-riffings?
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 04:41:59 PM »
Good thread to post them in, although I'm particularly seeking one that contains "and now it's time for the penguin on top of your television set to explode"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkusuvTdHw
Sweet Lion of Zion that's funny stuff!

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2007, 04:49:02 PM »
So, I'm planning on finally doing a fan riff of Godzilla: Final Wars here, and I was wondering how I might go abut making it available to the public at minimum personal expense. Is there a site where you can upload big sound files?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2007, 05:23:11 PM »
So, I'm planning on finally doing a fan riff of Godzilla: Final Wars here, and I was wondering how I might go abut making it available to the public at minimum personal expense. Is there a site where you can upload big sound files?

For now you could put it on fileshare or yousendit, sites like those allow you to upload 100 megs or more. Depends on the site.

Just FYI, the next version of RiffTrax um.. may ... or may not.. have this feature. (I'm leaning towards a "Hell yeah it's gonna have that feature" myself.)

Unfortunately that's a ways away; so using other methods for now is advisable. We'll let everyone know when this feature is drawing nearer. I wish we could do it now, but there are some other logistics that are taking precedence, and we'd love to be able to hand all these new features at once on a giant silver platter. It'll be worth the wait, I promise.

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2007, 05:30:31 PM »
By "feature" you mean a place to store fan riffs, and not Final Wars, correct?

By the way, my first ever post was about fan riffs, to see whether there would be a place on the site for them. If there's ever going to be a karmic time for me to get hit by a meteor, it would probably be n

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2007, 06:02:58 PM »
For Geekza, we use Talkshoe to distribute our mp3's, and it's worked out pretty well. I have a few beefs with their system, but they're minor and all centered around hosting live shows, which it sounds like you wont' be doing. You can upload files and have them distributed with unlimited bandwidth.

And yes, it's free.

-Chris

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2007, 06:05:15 PM »
Sweet. Thaks, Chris, Torgo.

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2007, 07:03:59 PM »
Geekza just finished their commentary for ID4, and these things are a lot of fun to participate in live! Thanks for the laughs, Geekza!

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2007, 10:39:20 AM »
Good thread to post them in, although I'm particularly seeking one that contains "and now it's time for the penguin on top of your television set to explode"

That would be awesome as a riff for the CG animated movie Surf's Up. :clap:

Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2007, 11:48:31 PM »
I'm not even close to done with the actual Akira trax, but I got bored and decided to make an image for it:

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2007, 09:56:24 AM »
I've just finished scripting the Godzilla: Final Wars track. Now I just need to edit it down. This movie offered me a lot of material. It helped that the director had no qualms about ripping off as many American films as he could fit into the movie.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2007, 12:43:01 PM »
I am part of QuipTracks. We have riffed Jurassic Park and Lady in the Water, although the syncing in Jurassic Park sucks. Coming soon are The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Godzilla (Matthew Broderick). We've spent quite a bit of money on equipment for this project. We take QuipTracks very seriously and hope someday to make some money off of it.
www.QuipTracks.com.
 :oCHECK IT OUT!! :o