login

Author Topic: FAN RIFFING  (Read 20329 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
Re: FAN RIFFING
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2007, 04:55:05 AM »
This is probably a reasonable place to pimp your cuts.

Offline Sandstorm

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2007, 05:01:15 AM »
This is probably a reasonable place to pimp your cuts.

well then, just call me Huggy Bear.  ;D

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2007, 03:48:56 AM »
Okay, finally happening.  I'm planning on making my fan-riff of Secret of the Sword available this Friday.  I have what should be the finished version now, and I'm going to be testing it tomorrow, seeing if there's any tweaks on the audio levels etc I need to do.  I'll admit now the sound quality isn't what i was hoping for, and any suggestions for a good microphone or anything else that would help future riffs sound better would be appreciated.  It was a lot of fun to make though.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline ShawnBoy

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • I'm freezing my fur off !!!!!
    • QuackersnCheese Hangout
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2007, 05:46:41 AM »
I just realized I have He-Man (1980's) cartoon season 1 and I think 2 complete so I might try my talents at the first episode just to see how it goes.  It will have to be done this weekend tho work an all.  I have already began a working idea for night of the living dead the original and yes Mike has already done a riff but I haven't heard it yet and I want to make my own so naahhhh or blaaaahhhh or uh huh huh huh yea yea heh heh heh
When life hits you hit it back HARD !!!!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2007, 06:19:07 AM »
If you're talking dvd sets, and you have four big sets, then you should have the complete original series.  Glad I'm not the only one targeting this show.

As for Night of the Living Dead, go for it.  There's no rules when it comes to what movie can be targeted, though you might want to give the official one a listen to make sure you're not using the same jokes.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Sandstorm

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2007, 09:07:15 AM »
Ok... with great hesitation... I unleash my latest creation. A fan riff of one of my all time favorite cheesy movies... MegaForce!  But unlike others I've done, I've added a few riffs of my own to compliment those of Mike, Kevin, and Bill... so please be kind. And although I utilized riffs from cuts.com , the video is not currently available there for viewing (cause I don't like making people wait for slow load times). Instead, the "Insti-Load" version can be seen on my YouTube channel Right Here. Or just click on the graphic below.

YouTube Description: Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, Bill Corbett, and special guest... me, have a good riff on the 1982 mega-cheesy movie, MegaForce. This movie stars Barry Bostwick and Persis Khambatta (aka... V'ger from Star Trek The Motion Picture), and is about as moldy as they come. Can you survive the whole ten minutes? Can you survive Barry Bostwick in spandex? I dare ya... I double dog dare ya!

Enjoy!

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2007, 06:44:51 PM »
Haha, is that Barry Gibb as the star?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Zardoz!

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2007, 01:46:29 PM »
Whenever I watch 300 and they do the "This...Is...SPARTA! scene I alwways go "This....Is...MY FOOT!" as a personal riff.
Everyone who believes in justice, racial equality and free speech should support Duane "the Dog" Chapman and boycott anyone who takes action against him.

Offline Sandstorm

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2007, 08:48:04 PM »
I actually uploaded this a while ago to RiffTrax-DIY ... but seeing as how this is the end of the year, and Chris Crocker's "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!" video has been voted one of the most memorable YouTube video's of 2007, I figured I'd pimp it one last time. And of course, this is the Insti-Load version on my YouTube channel... as I wouldn't dare ask any of you to wait for the horridly slow load times at DIY (I do hope they speed things up some day).

[yt=425,350]14oHAdcqv9g[/yt]

Happy New Year!

« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 09:08:50 PM by Sandstorm »

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2007, 09:02:01 PM »
Nice, that was pretty good.  Who the fuck is this Chris Crocker douche bag.  What a slobbery bitch, I want to find this guy and punch him in the throat.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Sandstorm

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2007, 09:07:36 PM »
I want to find this guy and punch him in the throat.

We all do my friend... we all do

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2008, 06:58:28 PM »
The "He's gone mad with power" line caught me off guard, though the rest was pretty predictable.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 01:42:01 PM by Asbestos Bill »

Offline Sandstorm

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2008, 06:38:01 PM »
The "He's gone mad with power" line caught me off guard, though the rest was pretty predictable.

Yeah... I agree. It was pretty predictable. And it certainly wasn't one of my proudest riffing moments... but seriously... there's only so much one can do with that clip.

I'd like to think that this riff was at least, a bit more creative...

[yt=425,350]jJHna4LuFLM[/yt]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:17:14 PM by Sandstorm »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2008, 08:52:09 PM »
Been thinking a lot (mostly at work, where I have very little else to think about) about fan-riffs to make, who to make them with and how to go about it.  So far I've had my hand in a few.  First, He-Man She-Ra Secret of the Sword, one I did with just a little help from my roommates.  Next I contributed to the Batman and Robin riff and I'm planning a contribution to the LXG track that Riff Raff Theater is working on.  I also have two trax "in production" with a different friend on each as guest riffer, with another movie being debated as the next target.  (More info on at least a couple of them in the next few weeks, though some of you have already heard a thing or two about my plans)

So far it's taken awhile to get each done, what with learning what the hell I'm doing, figuring out the best way to record, and getting used to my new equipment, but the most recent recording went real smooth and I'm beginning to think.  "You know, if this is getting easier, maybe I need something else to throw into it now and then to possibly screw it up and delay things needlessly"

Okay so the real thought is, "I wonder if I could handle running a collaborative riff," with a side of, "What movie would make a good collaborative riff."

If I decide to go forward on this, I'll probably come up with a series of polls or some kind of nomination process so anyone interested can chime in with their own suggestions.  This'll be a little while in the future, likely either a solo or two person riff, and I'll want a couple more of my own riffs available first so potential contributers can better decide if they like my style enough to submit a script.

Any thoughts or suggestions early on?

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2008, 08:59:54 PM »
Just go for it. I'd contribute to anything you chose.