login

Author Topic: FAN RIFFING  (Read 19840 times)

Offline Yayamaya

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: FAN RIFFING
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2007, 07:16:38 PM »
I'm working on a fanriff of the first Sailor Moon musical(Musical Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Gaiden Dark Kingdom Fukkatsu Hen) at the moment and once I get these last revisions done I'll be recording it(although I've been working on it for a wile now(so much to mock about it...not enough time in it)

I'm planning a few more Sailor Moon muscial fanriffs as well >.<(the ones I will probobly end up doing are Shin - Densetsu Kourin, Shin - Kaguya Shima Densetsu, Kakyuu-Ouhi Kourin and Yume Senshi - Ai - Eien ni...)

Offline flavofives

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • pretty much.
    • my blog
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2007, 10:49:31 PM »
three words, kids:

"a knight's tale."

as soon as i find someone with a microphone...

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2007, 05:03:31 AM »
I've been pondering the pros and cons of doing something off the beaten path and riffing Wrestlemania III.  You can't tell me that isn't stuffed to the gills with material.  The only real problem I can think of is I'd be adding commentary over constant commentary
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2007, 06:29:01 AM »
Just picked up the Nightmare on Elm Street box set...so many possibilities.  The question is, which one is most riffable?

Freddy's Dead, for being the ultimate lie?
Dream Child, for being the most rapey of the series?
Dream Warriors, just to pick on the D&D geek?

Damn, this is a hard choice.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2007, 01:22:26 AM »
I've been pondering the pros and cons of doing something off the beaten path and riffing Wrestlemania III.  You can't tell me that isn't stuffed to the gills with material.  The only real problem I can think of is I'd be adding commentary over constant commentary

You know, that's a really thoughtful thought. Apart from, like you said, the commentary that's already there, riffing a wrestling PPV could be awesome.

Actually me and my friends break into wrestling commentaries when we're riffing fight scenes in normal movies, especially when a wrestling move is used or there's a wrestler in the movie (think Blade Trinity).

"Woah, he's gonna have a tough time getting up from that one, J.R.!"
"You said it, and now... oh no, not the steel chair!"
"Now he's gone too far! This is just bru- what!? It's Edge! He's interfering with the match!"

« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 01:27:36 AM by RobtheBarbarian »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2007, 01:32:46 AM »

You know, that's a really thoughtful thought. Apart from, like you said, the commentary that's already there, riffing a wrestling PPV could be awesome.

Actually me and my friends break into wrestling commentaries when we're riffing fight scenes in normal movies, especially when a wrestling move is used or there's a wrestler in the movie (think Blade Trinity).

"Woah, he's gonna have a tough time getting up from that one, J.R.!"
"You said it, and now... oh no, not the steel chair!"
"Now he's gone too far! This is just bru- what!? It's Edge! He's interfering with the match!"

The other problem is, if I were to pick any Wrestlemania to riff, I'd riff Wrestlemania IX, but I'm not willing to shell out the cash to get the overpriced Wrestlemania box set, and anyone else who'd listen to it would have to trust that WWE didn't edit it from the original broadcast, which is what I have on tape.

But come on, IX is the Wrestlecrapiest Wrestlemania ever.  Big goofy Indians.  Beefy Hawaiians being outsmarted by two identical clowns.  The ultimate battle between the US and Japan being fought by a Canadian and a Polynesian.  And of course Hulk Hogan's ego still getting the victory and winning the Championship in a match he wasn't even in.  It's like the Manos: Hands of Fate of wrestling.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2007, 06:21:59 PM »
Well, I finally bought a headset with (hopefully) a decent microphone on it, and i've got a few movies to play around with and try making fanriffs out of.  Is there anyone who can give me a little tip or two from experience?  Best way to record, any programs you like to use?  Should I try and duplicate something like the disembaudio lines for synching?

My first attempt is going to be the He-Man She-Ra crossover movie, Secret of the Sword, which I'll likely do alone.  I'm not sure if I'll get much good out of this, so I can't say whether or not I'll make it available.  I'll show it to my roommates and if it gets a laugh there I'll likely put it up somewhere.  If I can get a feel for it, I might bring in a friend or two for the riffs of the Nightmare on Elm Street series I've been pondering, and if think I can make one entertaining around the commentary over commentary problem maybe I'll get the Wrestlemania III one too. 

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2007, 01:48:47 AM »
Anyone else looking at this thread anymore?

My script is almost done for He-Man She-Ra Secret of the Sword.  I'll hopefully start recording next week.  It'll be worthwhile even if I'm just showing to friends in the area, but out of curiosity is anyone else interested in hearing it?  As far as I know it's only available as part of The Best of She-Ra box set when it comes to DVD.  There was a version with just the movie, but it's out of print.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2007, 04:25:53 AM »
If you can give the exact disk of which box set, then I sure would. Need to know what to put on Netflix.

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2007, 08:15:30 AM »
Hell ya I'm interested!  ;D

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2007, 12:16:56 PM »
Sweet.  It's disc one of this set.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2007, 06:46:10 PM »
Script complete, recording set for tomorrow.  Not sure about a timeframe for full completion as I'm going to start with a clean commentary to reauthor on my own dvd, then adding synch lines after the fact and adding an introduction to set it into the Rifftrax format.  If recording goes smoothly I could get this done this week, but no promises.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2007, 07:06:08 PM »
Cool.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2007, 03:44:20 AM »
The slow crawl toward completion continues.  I finished main recording today (the riffs are in place) I'm watching it in the morning to make sure the riffs are timed properly, then I'm burning a reauthored sample copy.  If it goes well the next step is recording the into and adding in the synch lines and i'll be ready for posting.  As it is, the copy I'm working with should already synch perfectly with the movie from start to finish, so if there's someone who prefers to reauthor I can make that file available too, so you won't have to worry about trimming off the intro or silencing synch lines, just import the file and go.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Sandstorm

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2007, 04:15:22 AM »
Not quite sure if this is the right place to post this, so please forgive me if it's not. That said, here's a shameless plug for my latest riff... "Star Wars Trumpet Girl". I created it through cuts.com, and that version resides here. However, the completed Insti-Load version of the video (with the riffs already edited in) resides on YouTube right here, so no need to wait for the sometimes slow loading at cuts.com. Enjoy!

Description: Stacey Hedger (aka... Miss Douglas County) gets riffed on as she shows off her musical talents in the Arizona State Beauty Pageant. Be afraid... be very afraid.