Author Topic: Troll 2! TROLL 2!!!  (Read 19957 times)

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
Re: Troll 2! TROLL 2!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2006, 09:26:51 PM »
Again... enough about Troll 2

I like the direction in which Rifftrax has went.. pick a semi watchable movie, and riff it.

The thought of sloughing through some 2 hour crapfest is foriegn now.

I think we all paid our bad movie dues with 10 years of MST...

Lets all "upgrade" our expectations a bit.

Offline AvestheFox

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
  • The Fox Hath Spoken!
    • The Bullock Gallery
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2006, 09:33:24 PM »
atleast they're not as bad as Manos'ties -_o

or um... Red Zone Cubans

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2006, 01:02:03 AM »
Bottom line: Troll 2 riffs itself. Same with Batman & Robin.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• Liked: 0
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2006, 02:10:21 AM »
I managed to catch the first two minutes of this piece of crap. I say, any movie that opens up with a guy in a jester's outfit being chased by a bunch of angry 5-year-olds in crappy Halloween costumes, getting hit on the head, and revived by a 16th century hooker holding a bowel of Linda Blair's vomit definitely deserves a good riffing. ;D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 02:53:12 PM by Isaac »
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline ambitiously stupid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I'm not a nerd. Nerds are smart.
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 11:01:15 AM »
  I am not a spammer.  I am trying to do everyone a favor.  I thought that this would be a group of people that would find humor in awful movies.  And this is just the funniest movie I have seen and want others to share the joy.  Of course I would love there to be a rifftrax of it.  But I just want people to see it for themselves.  I have no affiliation with anybody from the movie or anyone else that has posted on this board.  I think MST3K's formula worked and gave me an appreciation for terrible movies.  This film is right up there with the legends.  Manos, Red Zone Cuba, Mr. T's be somebody or be somebody's fool, and Space Mutiny. Please stop taking this so personal it's just people trying to get the word out.
When punks start hasslin' decent people, I make it my buisness!

Listen Murdock, I'm sick and tired of your dead lobster...

Offline WouTar

• Big Montana
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2006, 11:45:53 AM »
I present to you my little story.

Ever since the great uprising of the Troll 2 lovers/users I have been wanting to see it. Bad movies can be entertaining. So I.... obtain it. It starts out crappy enough. But then I see the goblins running in their bags and fake masks through the field and think: This seems eerily familiar. Then I see the green stuff on his face and that crap he drinks/eats and I think... wait a tic. I HAVE SEEN THIS PIECE OF CRAP ALREADY! And yes, the peeing on the food scene, I saw that one coming. The rest of the hour was a ghastly time of remembrance and laughter.

Turns out when I was a wee lad and found out about this special section of old VCR movies in the corner of my local Video rental store. No, not that section. The Horror section. And all the front covers of these movies were eerie and especially Elmstreet scared me senseless for the next couple of... well, days actually. Anyway my sister, who was and is older than me, must have rented the dreaded Troll 2 and watched it with me... Well, no more to say really except for that not only did I find out that somewhere inside the back of my skull lay the horror that is Troll 2 for ALL these years and that I now join the Troll 2 spammers in their quest for a thorough Riffage of this movie.

And thus I say: Troll 2 for Rifftrax!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 11:47:52 AM by WouTar »

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2006, 02:14:16 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not you too my dear friend woutar.  i will avenge your death and continue the fight against this abomination.

Offline AvestheFox

• Big Montana
  • The Fox Hath Spoken!
    • The Bullock Gallery
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2006, 02:53:23 PM »
[zombiefied state]
Troll 2 for rifftrax! troll two fer rafftrix!!! trall twuer fart bifffax!!!11 roll poo fer niffnax!!1111 pole buel for jiffpax!!!111oneone mole poo fort shitax!!!11111oneoneone11!11!!!
[/zombiefied state]

Offline shortstack

• Magneto-cent Member
  • There's no coffee in Nilbog.It's the devil's drink
    • Nerd is the Word
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2006, 06:36:40 PM »
[WALKS UP TO THE HORSE CORPSE]
[GIVES IT A FEW MORE KICKS FOR GOOD MEASURE]

When I first signed up to this site, the first thing I did was send a request email of movies that immediately came to mind.  Troll 2 was one of these movies.  Why? Because it is an absurb sequel to an absurd movie, and because it is indescribably awful.  And also because I picked it up at a VHS sale for about $4, which I later found out was still too much for this movie.

In the end, I still can't help wanting the first Troll to be riffed more, because it is so, well, STUPID in a really funny, entertaining way. I reiterate- Sonny Bono, naked Julia Louis Dryfuss, kid named Harry Potter and other miscellaneous craziness.  It's like the difference between riffing on those funny 1960s PSAs, and riffing on Manos: Hands of Fate. 

I guess it's six of one, half dozen of the other- but I will point out that Troll 2 IS available on DVD, paired with its predecessor, and I had no problem finding either of them in video bargain bins. And they're both pretty bad, for different reasons.  To me, they're both prime candidates. HOWEVER, so are pretty much most of the horror films made in the 80s.  Horror films tend to be pretty riffable.  So while I'm still rooting at the sidelines for either of the Troll films, I'm not going to be absolutely heartbroken if they don't get riffed.  I merely hope that Mike actually watches Troll 2, so that he may share our pain...
"I have no sense of decency...that way my other senses are enhanced."

Offline ambitiously stupid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • I'm not a nerd. Nerds are smart.
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2006, 07:37:10 PM »
One misconception about this movie is that it is unwatchable.  This movie is very watchable.  I laughed my head off start to finish. It has the right mix that they said they looked for in MST3K.  It moves fast, it has very entertaining scenes, and crazy monsters. I have only seen it once.  And a few scenes yesterday on 10/8 when it was on Showtime.  If the movie was as unwatchable as people believe they would not be airing it on Showtime.  (yes I know Showtime has some very unwatchable movies but none "Manos" level)  If there was ever a unintentionally funny movie it is troll 2.  I would love a rifftrax.  I agree that I too would be happy if MST3K fans and Rifftrax fans at least checked this movie out on its own.  When you think of movies that have it coming this one sure does.  The main actor in the movie was a dentist in real life and has the facial expressions of Keanu Reeves in calculus class.  The dialogue is so funny.  After the famous dinner diversion scene the Dad/dentist screams at his son he is going to have to tighten his belt because of hunger pangs.  The daughter tells her boyfriend that her parents don't like him then in the next sentence she invites him on vacation with them !?! The grandpa is dead and keeps appearing to his grandson Joshua, but in one scene he goes and appears in the wrong mirror looking for Joshua.  It?s like Grandpa has a wrong number from beyond the grave. This movie is the definition of how not to make a movie and because of that it is very watchable! Especially if you tighten you belt to remove the acting pangs.
When punks start hasslin' decent people, I make it my buisness!

Listen Murdock, I'm sick and tired of your dead lobster...

Offline SaucyRossy

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2006, 09:26:13 PM »
Will some one find all the copies of troll 2 and burn them please? Huh? Tarantulas are you up for the challenge?

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline WouTar

• Big Montana
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2006, 07:49:42 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not you too my dear friend woutar.  i will avenge your death and continue the fight against this abomination.

Sarcasm, continue onward...there is nothing to be done now... save yourself!

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2006, 11:07:32 AM »
Wow, I'm gonna have to see this movie out of sheer curiousity

BTW, WouTar, love the avatar.  Ichi the Killer was a kick ass movie!!

I even read the original manga, truly the most demented stuff I've ever seen.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2006, 11:15:43 AM »
Sarcasm, continue onward...there is nothing to be done now... save yourself!

I will not leave, if i must fight to my last breath then i shall. 

Offline WouTar

• Big Montana
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2006, 02:14:53 PM »
Shinigami, Yes, both the manga and the movie were great and quite original. Still liked the movie better though... Big Asano fan, you see. ;)

Sarcasm, fight the good fight and you shall prevail!