Author Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia  (Read 14930 times)

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2011, 08:50:03 AM »
In case you haven't seen the promos, Mac gained 50 pounds for the new season:

There's an article about it here.

Yeah, I'm popping my Sunny cherry tonight. This whole fat-Mac conceit has had me cracking up since I learned of it earlier in the summer. I almost want to pickup and rock a Hawaiian shirt for tonight.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 294
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2011, 08:13:55 PM »
Great stuff tonight.  Very glad this show is back. 

Important lesson learned:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2011, 05:56:14 AM »

Shut up, baby dick.

/roxy

Man, I'm so happy I started watching this. I've been quoting "Frank's Pretty Woman"  like mad since I saw it, and it's gonna be fun catching up w/ this show throughout the fall season.

Tommy Bahama!  *cheers*

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2011, 07:09:33 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/h9dp5BzNxkk?version=3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/h9dp5BzNxkk?version=3</a>

Looks fun!

It's been an entertaining ride catching up w/ this series, and I'm currently in Season 5. Season 4 has been my clear cut favorite to date. Everything from the gas crisis to Charlie/Mac dying to the taco-bed to the musical. So much win, and I've been really enjoying this season. Rum ham, Frank's mortician makeup, and Charlie's hatchet!

Storm coming? Hatchet coming!

So glad I started watching this.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2011, 03:15:32 PM »

Man, this thread sure isn't hanging any dong! I don't even think thundergunning it could save it.

Loved the season, and it was fun catching up w/ the entire series throughout it. It's definitely become a favorite of mine.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2013, 02:11:14 PM »
New season started last week.  I really loved the most recent episode about the gang trying to win an award.  I loved the part where they went to the rival bar that had won "best bar".  They sorta lampooned standard sitcom tropes and shows like Cheers, by having the gang plopped down in the middle of it and not reacting well at all.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1385
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2013, 05:20:44 AM »
New season started last week.  I really loved the most recent episode about the gang trying to win an award.  I loved the part where they went to the rival bar that had won "best bar".  They sorta lampooned standard sitcom tropes and shows like Cheers, by having the gang plopped down in the middle of it and not reacting well at all.

The Award episode was BRILLIANT! I effing love this show.

I bought last season and then put this season on auto-purchase (on amazon). One thing I have realized: Although in my opinion Dennis is the least interesting character, when he has to give those impassioned speeches that make no sense he is 100% awesome.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »

Someone pass me over the ceremonial screaming pillow! That and I would chase ghouls w/ Charlie in a heartbeat.

Everything about this season has been dynamite.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2013, 12:30:32 PM »
I haven't seen this show in a while and need to catch up. We loved Fat Mac so much that it was kind of a let down when he showed up skinny again.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2013, 06:17:50 PM »

Nine seasons in, and this one is squaring up to become my favorite. What a run.

"The Gang Saves the Day" was yet another outstanding episode. I thought all of the gang's imaginings were great, but Dennis & Charlie's were the best. Dennis' gibberish after being shot in the head and how inside Charlie's psyche, everything's played out as a cartoon was so awesome. I love Charlie's idea of marriage & having children. So great.

And the icing, Dee biting it in every bit but hers.

Congrats on 100-episodes, Sunny! Nyte Kroller Roolz!!

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1385
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2013, 05:08:02 PM »
I agree. Of all the episodes, The Gang Saves the Day made me laugh the hardest. I was also thinking that even though it's season 9 they are on FIRE!

I loved Frank's. It was short but I was laughing the entire time. From is weird out of hit stare to how much joy and detail he got out of those hot dogs. It was great.

Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 89
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2013, 03:29:32 PM »
I've seen all of this show up until the Fat Mac episodes. I'm glad to hear he lost the weight, both for the show and for his own personal health. I haven't really drummed up enough entusiasm to start watching the show again since then. I think I stopped watching after the 'Shadynasty' episode. Maybe I should check it out again, it sounds like it's still funny, from what I'm reading here.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2013, 06:33:39 PM »
I've seen all of this show up until the Fat Mac episodes. I'm glad to hear he lost the weight, both for the show and for his own personal health. I haven't really drummed up enough entusiasm to start watching the show again since then. I think I stopped watching after the 'Shadynasty' episode. Maybe I should check it out again, it sounds like it's still funny, from what I'm reading here.

If you haven't watched the whole season where Mac got fat, you need to.... if only for The Gang Gets Trapped episode. Ultimately the most brilliant thing they have ever written.  That whole season is really great though too. I was a bit leery until I caught it on Netflix and laughed my ass off.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2013, 01:06:45 AM »
I think I stopped watching after the 'Shadynasty' episode.

You quit 2 episodes too soon, and missed out on the Chardee MacDennis hilarity.

Anyone else excited about this week's episode being penned by the Game of Thrones' showrunners? I know I am.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2013, 07:07:43 AM »

The season finale was okay, but the season as a whole was unreal. The high point in the season kept climbing, and I didn't think it could conceivably get any better than "Flowers for Charlie", and then Lethal Weapon 6 happened. It was a dream-season for this Sunny fan.