login

Author Topic: Pets  (Read 99776 times)

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
Re: Pets
« Reply #855 on: September 28, 2013, 11:55:14 AM »
Mika's feeling a lot better, been sleeping with me again.  And walking around, acting more like his usual self.  Lucy's been hacking though and I'm praying she's not getting sick too.

He hates that antibiotic though and can be a bitch to get hold of.  And man, is he strong.  But thats OK, cause at least I know he still has fight in him.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #856 on: September 28, 2013, 03:13:26 PM »
I doubt I'll get another dog.  But who knows how I'll feel in a year.

Funny thing, I never could train my pup to do anything, but she sure trained me. I'm feeling like a servant with no one to serve these days.

When Baby II died, I was heartbroken. We'd been together for 17 years. Months later, I'd be driving on the freeway, and have to pull over just to have a crying jag. It really felt like there was this big gaping hole in my heart. I have never felt as low as I felt when I was in mourning for this cat. We had always been together.

I still had my other cat. A male tom going on 18 years. I had stopped by PetSmart to get him some soft geriatric food. I think he had like one fang left in his whole head, poor guy. They had a local shelter adoption annex in the store. And that's when I saw her. I was stunned. She was identical to Baby. Right down to the exact same white toe on her back left paw and white puff on her chest. She looked at me, and I swear she knew me!

It was 8:00pm but I dragged the shelter representative down to the store and filled out all the papers. She put this little kitten in my arms and I just started bawling. I said I didn't know why I was crying when I was so happy and the lady said something I've never forgotten: "It's because you're in love!".

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #857 on: September 28, 2013, 03:37:23 PM »

Funny thing, I never could train my pup to do anything, but she sure trained me. I'm feeling like a servant with no one to serve these days.
I still miss Dolly and we thought Jemmy would be an only dog until we found out Boudica had been born 12 hours after Doll passed.

She's a very different girl but I love her a great deal.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #858 on: September 28, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »

I still miss Dolly and we thought Jemmy would be an only dog until we found out Boudica had been born 12 hours after Doll passed.

She's a very different girl but I love her a great deal.

Baby III, despite looking like the clone of my previous cat, is also a very different personality. A lot louder. More demanding of my attention. Has her own strange quirks. I'm in no way fooled it's the same cat. But she is still my girl.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #859 on: September 28, 2013, 07:00:04 PM »
Mr Kitty died in March 2010.  I loved him so much.

Was at the vet with Juno for a checkup 4 months later.  And they had Mika, or Socks as he was known then for adoption.  Mr Kitty was red and Mika is a tuxedo but I felt an immediate connection with him.  He was born the day after Mr Kitty died.

He is nothing like Mr Kitty.  He's my mean boy.  But I adore him so much and I know I was meant to find him
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #860 on: September 29, 2013, 01:02:19 AM »

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #861 on: September 29, 2013, 07:47:48 AM »
I'm going today to pick up my new dog :)

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #862 on: September 29, 2013, 08:57:55 AM »

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #863 on: September 29, 2013, 09:05:10 AM »

Felt the need to share my cat Jiji looking sweet and demure with his chubby paws crossed. He's difficult to get a decent picture of, since he's solid black, but this one came out pretty good.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #864 on: September 29, 2013, 09:14:45 AM »
And we approve of all the photos being posted.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #865 on: October 04, 2013, 01:53:24 AM »
I'm going today to pick up my new dog :)

That is a dog that will make every single person who meets it talk like an absolute moron without shame.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #866 on: October 29, 2013, 01:55:07 PM »
Didn't know where to put this post since it's "news" related, but it's "pets" related...  I just saw the pic of the d-bag who was torturing the dog in the city I work in.  I met the guy a few months ago while I was at work.   :speechless:

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/quincy/2013/10/crowd_awaits_arraignment_of_accused_dog_torturer_in_quincy.html

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #867 on: October 29, 2013, 05:26:28 PM »
What an absolute monster.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #868 on: November 06, 2013, 07:58:44 PM »
I'm completely at a loss; Boudica has apparently gone round the bend; she'll sit by me but if I even motion as if I'm going to pet her she snarls and growls and she's not gone out all day because she refuses to be leashed or come anywhere near the door. This behavior is becoming increasingly common and, while I wish it wasn't the case I'm thinking it might be best if she found a new home. Trouble is I don't know if she can do that either.  :(

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #869 on: November 06, 2013, 08:53:34 PM »
Nope and while she does technically have a kennel she never goes in it.