« Reply #825 on: August 17, 2013, 04:09:22 PM »
KITTEN PICS

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
Re: Pets
« Reply #826 on: August 20, 2013, 09:56:32 AM »
My wife and I are thinking about getting a new dog.  Our current dog is a 12 year old pug, and could really use some companionship during the day.  My wife is thinking about a Goldendoodle.

I never imagined I would own a dog that was part poodle, but I have to say I'm intrigued.  They are supposed to be similar in nature to a golden, but with very little shedding.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #827 on: August 26, 2013, 11:43:54 AM »
:(

Dolly was 4. With her it was leukaemia. I hope you don;t have to go through similar to what we did. :(

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #828 on: August 26, 2013, 12:54:55 PM »
 :( I'm sorry to hear about Wallace, Im.  I hope it turns out to be something far less serious than bone cancer.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #829 on: August 26, 2013, 01:43:55 PM »
Best luck

Offline modelmeg

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 124
« Reply #830 on: August 26, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that, Imrahil.  :( I truly hope it works out for the best.
Just last week my 17 year old kitty was diagnosed with kidney failure. I cried a lot. Still, we can give her an IV twice a month and that's supposed to help maintain it. She might have a few years in her left. It's been hard to grasp because we got her when I was 9 and I've never had any other pets. I've had numerous health problems over the last decade and thus have stayed in my house a lot and she's been an incredible comfort. She's the softest, most adorable cat I've ever seen and she's an amazing, annoying, wonderful little shit. I love that damn cat so much. She better stick around for a while yet. It's easy to forget how old she is because she's got the face of a kitten. This is her at 15:

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #831 on: August 26, 2013, 08:14:20 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that, Imrahil.  :( I truly hope it works out for the best.
Just last week my 17 year old kitty was diagnosed with kidney failure. I cried a lot. Still, we can give her an IV twice a month and that's supposed to help maintain it. She might have a few years in her left. It's been hard to grasp because we got her when I was 9 and I've never had any other pets. I've had numerous health problems over the last decade and thus have stayed in my house a lot and she's been an incredible comfort. She's the softest, most adorable cat I've ever seen and she's an amazing, annoying, wonderful little shit. I love that damn cat so much. She better stick around for a while yet. It's easy to forget how old she is because she's got the face of a kitten. This is her at 15:

Pretty kitty!

My cat Mr Kitty lived 3 years after being diagnosed with kidney failure.

It was prostate cancer that got him.  Damn cancer.  He was 16.

Im, I hope you dog doesn't have cancer.  I agree it seems a bit premature.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #832 on: August 27, 2013, 04:40:13 PM »
My cat Tiger lived for another year after kidney failure. It was rough. I'd had her for something like 15 years, and she was about 18 when she died. It's hard. Hope yours has a way to go yet.

Keep us informed about Wallace, Imrahil. We need more Wallaces in the world. It's a cool name.

« Reply #833 on: August 29, 2013, 08:13:13 AM »
My baby kitten Layla is taken with my Mika.  Mika's about 3 and can be quite the bully sometimes.  But he's been great with her.

This surprises me, Juno is the loving, laid back one.  Layla will rub against Mika and try to get him to play.  He normally just swats her away with his paw.  Gently.  Its like he knows to be gentle with her.  He reminds of an old man swatting at a pesky kid.

« Reply #834 on: August 29, 2013, 10:39:05 AM »
So, my friend Angie runs a pet rescue.  A friend asked her to take in a Yorkie, it was his mom's dog and he's more of a cat person.

She goes to pick it up and its a purbred Yorkie, no papers, but he's gorgeous.  This is great for her.  She's asking a $300 adoption fee and has had over 2 dozen people message.  One person even offered her $400. 

I don't normally approve of selling animals because there's so many that need homes from shelters.  But she has such a kind heart and does so much to help dogs and cats.  This money will really help her.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:42:25 AM by Mrs. Dick Courier »

Offline modelmeg

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 124
« Reply #835 on: August 29, 2013, 03:10:31 PM »
Good news all around! Awesome!

My kitty has rallied pretty well. She's all perky and eating her food again. We'll start giving her fluids soon but not right away. So for now, things are the best they can be.  :)

« Reply #836 on: September 10, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »
Layla was spayed Tuesday.  Will pick her up today.  Poor baby, but at least she'll never have babies.

My Mika's eye has been bothering him, gonna try to get him to the vet tomorrow.  Hopefully they can work him in.  His eye seems swollen and its watery.  I noticed yesterday he was squinting.  He usually stays with me in the living room but I think the light is bothering him.  Poor guy has been in my dark bedroom all night.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #837 on: September 11, 2013, 03:01:28 AM »
Oh man. I remember when I brought Baby home from being spayed.

My roommate made this joke about how I payed the money just so she could get a little reverse landing strip.  ;D

She's sitting next to me pretending to sleep but her ears are perked at me listening to me chuckle. I so adore this sweet little cat.

« Reply #838 on: September 11, 2013, 08:24:02 AM »
Mika has an eye infection.  His left ear was very dirty.  The vet says he could have got some of that on his face and then in his eye.  His right ear was fine, and his right eye too.  He has been scratching his ears a lot lately.  And (horrible of me I know) its been about two years since he went to the vet, doc cleans them out every annual.
Gonna go pick up Layla now and make Juno's annual, don't want the same thing to happen to her.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #839 on: September 20, 2013, 11:55:05 AM »
Aren't moles pests? I would think it would be best for you to let her kill them.