Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
Re: Pets
« Reply #645 on: December 15, 2012, 08:56:02 PM »
Adopted today.

Two year old male. He's from the SPCA, and we don't know his name. I was thinking about calling him Ghost (a la Game of Thrones). Rory was also a recommended name. He's super calm, and extremely friendly.

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #646 on: December 15, 2012, 09:36:14 PM »
LOVE. He's beautiful.  Did they say a breed? Some kind of terrier?

He's part West Highland. I'm not sure what else...he's bigger than most westies.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #647 on: December 16, 2012, 06:39:19 AM »
Maybe a Westeros Highland. :)
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Smoky

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #648 on: December 16, 2012, 07:53:15 PM »
Good work to everyone who adopted a pet. The first name that came into my mind when I saw that Westie (?) was Samuel.

These are my 5 sibling cats, whose mom couldn't be found when they were babies:

Two other sweet cats I have:

And my latest, a  young former stray cat, who really needs a new home (any takers? We're in New Jersey):

I know you are but what am I

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #649 on: December 17, 2012, 03:32:56 AM »
I love that first picture. CAT PILE!!!

It looks like all of them look alike except for one. Is that right?
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4618
« Reply #650 on: December 17, 2012, 03:44:15 AM »
I love that first picture. CAT PILE!!!

EXACTLY what I was thought when I saw it!  ;D
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #651 on: December 17, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »
What sweet kitties.

Still need to upload the pics of my Guineas.  Can't find my camera connect cable!  May have to buy a new one.

Decided on the names Tawny and Ginger, based on their coloring.  Ginger is a lot more outgoing and will come out of her house to investigate whenever I'm spot cleaning.  Tawny is more cautious, but will take treats from my hand now.

Cleaned their cage yesterday, they weren't happy.  Ginger ran but let me hold her a bit before I put them in their carrier.  Tawney squeled like a pig when I picked her up.  But after they were back they played.  They're super cute to watch, sneaking up on each other and jumping around.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #652 on: December 17, 2012, 03:42:56 PM »
When I was young I could make the same noises that guinea pigs make. Then that whole puberty thing happened.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #653 on: December 17, 2012, 03:48:23 PM »
I can make a good monkey noise

But that's about it
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #654 on: December 17, 2012, 06:39:07 PM »
I can make a good monkey noise

I can't really impersonate any animals except my dogs when they running about the house and making little huffing noises, which, when I mimic them, actually seem to be directional coordinates as they shift direction when they're running about  hear me impersonating them.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:40:53 PM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5673
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #655 on: December 17, 2012, 07:03:18 PM »
Tracy (Invader Quirk) of Quiptracks is really good at animal noises. I once listened to him perfectly impersonate a badger after only having watched one youtube video. It was kinda creepy.

Offline Smoky

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #656 on: December 17, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »
I told my critters that everybody likes them.  ;D

It looks like all of them look alike except for one. Is that right?

Pretty much, 4 of the 5 have similar tabby markings and then one little guy has black and white fur. Maybe he had a different father (which apparently can happen with the same litter).
I know you are but what am I

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #657 on: December 18, 2012, 12:42:18 PM »
I do not know what to do with this fucking dog. When we're there, he's great, the best dog ever. But when we go to work or out, he fucking tears our house apart. He's ruined the guest room, a nearly empty room where we had him. He scratched up the door and window sills, torn and destroyed the blinds, shit on the floor, knocked the sliding closet doors off their tracks and ripped the back off of a wooden dresser, in addition to taking a corner out of one of the drawers. So in an effort to save our guest room, we moved him to the laundry room. It's got cement floors and three doors, all of which we reinforced last night with wood panels. We angled the washer and dryer so he couldn't get to the hoses. We took everything out of there that he could possibly get to. And today when APGIL got home, Chance had ripped one of the panels off of the door and is nearly all the way through. If we put him in there tomorrow, he will get through. Now that door is ruined and we have to replace it.

We can't put him in a crate. He rubbed his nose raw on the bars and hurt his foot, and on his second day in the crate he busted down the front of the crate and got out. We thought about tying him outside but it's getting cold and he'll just stand out there and bark all day. This afternoon APGIL is taking him to the vet because he coughed up blood on Sunday morning, and we think it's from a plastic CD case that he got hold of and chewed. This is not a puppy. This dog is fucking ten years old.

I am at the point now where I want to send him back to the rescue, and I have never done that before in my life. He's fucking destroying my house and there's nothing we can do about it. I thought about some sort of doggy day care but I can't find any in our area. We could board him at the vet but that's going to get expensive. I just don't know what else to do.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #658 on: December 18, 2012, 01:06:26 PM »
Yeah, I cannot really think what to do to change a ten year old dog..........other than working at home, and that does not work for most people.

Sorry.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2614
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #659 on: December 18, 2012, 01:40:28 PM »
That sucks, if you do send him back make sure to tell them he has that problem and it's severe.  So he will need to be with someone that is home all the time.