login

Author Topic: Pets  (Read 96917 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6797
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: Pets
« Reply #495 on: June 03, 2012, 06:09:36 PM »
would plants grown in dirt high in LiCl be really calm? ???
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4552
« Reply #496 on: June 03, 2012, 06:11:03 PM »
would plants grown in dirt high in LiCl be really calm? ???

Well... they'd certainly be less likely to be manic.  :)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #497 on: June 03, 2012, 10:32:15 PM »
My kitty, Bali. Answers to Baby....aw..fuck it...let's be honest. She doesn't give a shit what I call her.

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 126
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
« Reply #498 on: June 04, 2012, 04:16:43 AM »
My kitty, Bali. Answers to Baby....aw..fuck it...let's be honest. She doesn't give a shit what I call her.

Beautiful green eyes!
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #499 on: June 04, 2012, 06:13:14 AM »
What a cute cat. I had an all black cat once and I named her Snowflake for a little spot of white she had on her chest (just like your kitty).
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #500 on: June 04, 2012, 11:42:22 AM »
Our cats are currently battling fleas, and it's a miserable experience for everyone in the house. We put the flea medicine (I think Frontline) on them yesterday, but I really hate using that since it makes them so sick.

Found a flea the other day, and you know if you see one there's like a million lurking about.  So, I have declared in my house.  Starting with Advantage for cats.

I put up with a lot of things, but not fleas.  When we got our dog many years ago she came with sand fleas.  Those things were a bitch to get rid of.  Never again.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #501 on: June 04, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »

She's awesome, and deserves some better photos (damn hoomins and their devices!) Feel free to post more.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #502 on: June 04, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »
I forget which we used with Fat Max & Kitty. It was either the Advantage or Frontline.  Basically just put the gel on the back of their neck so they can't lick it and let it absorb.  They never had any problems with it thankfully.

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 126
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
« Reply #503 on: June 04, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »
I forget which we used with Fat Max & Kitty. It was either the Advantage or Frontline.  Basically just put the gel on the back of their neck so they can't lick it and let it absorb.  They never had any problems with it thankfully.

Advantage is better than Frontline in my experience; they're both equally effective at flea extermination but the taste of Advantage only bums out the cat for a day - I think it's the taste, since they're bound to get some of it licked since cats clean their neck fur by using their front leg fur to rub their saliva there.

The stuff works though, and those two brands, expensive as they are, are the only thing worth buying for flea eradication.
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Coragale

« Reply #504 on: June 04, 2012, 09:26:54 PM »
I've been told that there's no fleas in CO, or at least the Springs. Regardless, I put something on Ein. Vectra3D. I'm upset that the name is misleading; the glasses didn't make the protection pop.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #505 on: June 04, 2012, 11:30:20 PM »

She's awesome, and deserves some better photos (damn hoomins and their devices!) Feel free to post more.

Thank you, guys.   :)
When I adopted her, I had lost my cat of 19 years about six months prior. When you have a pet by your side for that long, it tears a huge piece out of your soul when they pass. That little kitten brought me out of a severe depression. It's really amazing the impact these little furballs have on our mental well-being (life saving, really). And the really weird thing is, she is the spitting image of the cat I'd lost. Right down to the white puff on the chest and back toe.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #506 on: June 05, 2012, 12:18:12 AM »
I really need to move to a place where I'm allowed to have a kitty.  :(
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #507 on: June 05, 2012, 06:36:19 AM »
You really do!
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #508 on: June 06, 2012, 10:53:26 AM »
My mom and I were told by a vet in 1993 to use 7 Dust.  To sprinkle it on the animals.  Also to sprinkle it around the house and vacuum it up.  Didn't really think bad of it at the time, we did it several times.  He's a doctor and you trust doctors, right?

Looking back I see how wrong this is.  7 dust is full of chemicals, didn't realize it at the time.  But it makes me wonder if that was the reason why those two pets died of cancer.  Makes me sad, just think of all the people he told this.  And yes, he is still in practice.

Dr. Jesse of Wytheville, VA, avoid him at all costs.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2569
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #509 on: June 06, 2012, 11:23:16 AM »
Can you still buy Sevin dust over the counter?  I thought it was only used in agriculture now.  My dad used to use it outside around the house back in the 70s.  It's pretty scary how many pesticides that were used around the house are now banned.

How long ago did the guy suggest this?

It's still only a suspected carcinogen for humans, but is a known toxin to humans (and pets), so telling someone to put it on the carpet and vacuum it up (putting the dust into the air) was a horrible suggestion even back when we didn't know how bad cumulative exposure was for cancer risk.