« Reply #435 on: April 24, 2012, 06:33:03 AM »

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 126
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
Re: Pets
« Reply #436 on: April 24, 2012, 06:48:34 AM »
Okay cool, you're going to want to download a camera app that does HDR. There are a number of them, I use the one with the rainbow rosette icon. It will help show off her markings. :)

Thanks for the advice.  I'll fiddle with it next time I'm near a hotspot and look for one. Knowing the name of the app will tell me more about what to look for than the icon, tho' :)  (The descriptions on the Google Market will tell me what I need to know, probably.)
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #437 on: April 24, 2012, 06:59:21 AM »
The name is HDR Camera, like I said there are a bunch with that name (and functionality). :)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5894
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #438 on: April 24, 2012, 07:42:25 AM »
The name is HDR Camera, like I said there are a bunch with that name (and functionality). :)
Sounds interesting. What does it do differently than the normal operation of my camera in my phone? Does it take care of motion blur or anything?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #439 on: April 24, 2012, 07:49:39 AM »
Well HDR is a photographic technique which can be acheved with a few different camera apps. It takes multiple picture of the same subject with different concentration/filters* and then combines them to increase the amout of visible detail in the eventual picture.

Given the description of the orange tabby over grey, it seems like she'd be a good subject for HDR. :)

* not really accurately described there just trying to go for a basic idea, the article I linked to describeds it in much more detail.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:03:42 AM by Tripe H. Redux »

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #440 on: April 30, 2012, 09:18:23 PM »
Finally caught our stray bunny! :highfive:
The wife named it Bonyx (I came up with onyx and the wife added a B in front..) since we don't know it's gender..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ec88O1OsPAQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ec88O1OsPAQ</a>

Now to construct some sort of cage for it.. :o

Coragale

« Reply #441 on: April 30, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »
When I moved to Colorado, I had to leave my cat at my parents, since my dog is much more sensitive as to being away from me. She had lived there most of her life, but when I lived in Manhattan for a couple of years, she moved with me. She got chubby and goofy, which was adorable. Anyway,  my parents have a problem with raccoons getting into the garage and eating the outdoor cat's food at night. My dad, being the Kansan he is, already had one of those traps you bought, so he set it in the garage with some food in it. A couple of weeks ago, as my Mom was leaving for work, she heard a loud meow and looked down to find my cat trapped in the cage. She had apparently decided that she wanted THAT food, not the stuff that's left out.

The next night, apparently she was on my mom's heels all night. Seems she didn't want to take chances of getting trapped again. :P

Grats on the bunny, btw.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #442 on: May 01, 2012, 12:29:20 AM »
The wife named it Bonyx (I came up with onyx and the wife added a B in front..) since we don't know it's gender..

Not "Bunnyx"?  :)

Beautiful bunny.  All black?

Curious why trap it instead of leaving it free?
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #443 on: May 01, 2012, 04:53:11 AM »
It's been free for over a month now and we have stray cats in the area not to mention a busy street so it was just a matter of time that it would be taken out..

Plan is to build a 3 x 5 cage elevated about 5 feet off the ground. I'll be working on that this week sometime..

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #444 on: May 01, 2012, 07:09:12 AM »

Not "Bunnyx"?  :)
I've never heard Mrs. RVR speak but I suspect that either spelling sounds pretty much like the one you're suggesting. :)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #445 on: May 01, 2012, 08:10:55 AM »
When is the fried bunny all served to us?

I figured you saved the bunny to stop shitty cats from chomping on it......very nice thing to do.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #446 on: May 01, 2012, 08:14:51 AM »
When is the fried bunny all served to us?
:speechless:
I figured you saved the bunny to stop shitty cats from chomping on it......very nice thing to do.
;D Yeah there are several around here fighting each other, especially at night so once it was discovered, it would have no chance :(

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #447 on: May 01, 2012, 01:42:48 PM »
what a beautiful bunny, never seen a wild black bunny before
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #448 on: May 01, 2012, 02:48:37 PM »
Don't think it was a real wild bunny but yeah it's gonna get a nice home soon 8)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #449 on: May 01, 2012, 02:50:48 PM »
Don't think it was a real wild bunny but yeah it's gonna get a nice home soon 8)

Not freaking out in the trap and the way it let you get within a few feet are certainly signs that it was someone's pet that was abandoned or escaped.