Author Topic: Pets  (Read 115429 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Pets
« Reply #255 on: September 14, 2010, 04:15:04 PM »
Are you sure that your dog did this and not Robert Downey Jr breaking in your house on a bender?

spaceforarent

« Reply #256 on: September 14, 2010, 04:34:36 PM »
When my older dog was a puppy, he ate a couple of hundred dollars' worth of DVDs, CDs, and Books.  Like every day I'd come home and find more torn off the shelves and destroyed.  Beating him did no good either, so eventually I gave up, bought some plywood, and stacked it over the shelves when I left for the day.
Are you against crating?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #257 on: September 14, 2010, 04:43:17 PM »
When my doberman was about 9 months old, she ate my couch....... honestly, a couch.   She probably was playing with a tennis ball, got it behind the coach cushions, then decided to get it from the back.   She peeled the back fabric off like an orange.   I then learned that you can buy a semi circle shaped needle to sew it back up. 

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #258 on: September 14, 2010, 05:07:48 PM »
Sounds like Jemmy, I had one of those devices that's supposed to react to the dog barking by making a short high pitched burst.

I came home to find the battery drained and Jemmy hoarse

spaceforarent

« Reply #259 on: September 14, 2010, 05:13:43 PM »
When my older dog was a puppy, he ate a couple of hundred dollars' worth of DVDs, CDs, and Books.  Like every day I'd come home and find more torn off the shelves and destroyed.  Beating him did no good either, so eventually I gave up, bought some plywood, and stacked it over the shelves when I left for the day.
Are you against crating?

Tried it. He barked the ENTIRE time he was in the crate. I was fine with it; my upstairs neighbor left me a nasty note in my mailbox one day.  I tried an anti-bark collar (the kind that uses citronella).  I put him in his crate, left, he started barking, then barked like crazy as the collar sprayed him, and didn't stop.  I came in to find the collar empty and his face soaked with citronella.

Yikes. I guess my family was lucky with the dog we had. He actually seemed to prefer laying in his, even over the couches (for the most part). There was even a long stretch of time where we could leave him out and he wouldn't even get into the trash.

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #260 on: September 14, 2010, 08:34:36 PM »
Annie's at that point in between puppy and young adult dog where she doesn't bark, doesn't really run around like crazy (unless one of us, particularly me, has just gotten home, then she goes nuts) and really doesn't chew things that often. But when she does, it's not fun. So far: a hazelnut scented candle, one pair of flip flops, a pair of high heels, my friend Kelly's lipgloss, and John's cord for his X-Box.

And the garbage. Always the garbage.

spaceforarent

« Reply #261 on: September 14, 2010, 08:45:52 PM »
Annie's at that point in between puppy and young adult dog where she doesn't bark, doesn't really run around like crazy (unless one of us, particularly me, has just gotten home, then she goes nuts) and really doesn't chew things that often. But when she does, it's not fun. So far: a hazelnut scented candle, one pair of flip flops, a pair of high heels, my friend Kelly's lipgloss, and John's cord for his X-Box.

And the garbage. Always the garbage.
Well, just hope she doesn't learn how to open the refrigerator like mine ended up doing.
Man I miss having a dog...

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #262 on: October 25, 2010, 10:22:56 AM »
there was a cat on my lap a moment ago...she was purring...it was nice :P

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5161
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #263 on: October 25, 2010, 10:24:18 AM »
You F-F-FREAK!! :gouge:

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #264 on: October 25, 2010, 10:43:31 AM »

Aw, that's what my buddy likes to do, too.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5065
« Reply #265 on: October 25, 2010, 10:59:49 AM »

Aw, that's what my buddy likes to do, too.

What's his name, and what does he do for a living?   :rimshot:
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2010, 07:52:30 PM »
The cat is on my lap again...yes I have indeed stolen anais' cat's love. :D

spaceforarent

« Reply #267 on: November 16, 2010, 10:17:12 AM »

We got a kitty the other day. Here she is doing one of her favorite activities, sleeping on my laptop while I try to use it.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5161
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #268 on: November 16, 2010, 10:22:27 AM »
So long as she doesn't spray on it I guess you'll be safe but I dunno.. Hair Balls! :scared:

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6637
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2010, 10:24:35 AM »

We got a kitty the other day. Here she is doing one of her favorite activities, sleeping on my laptop while I try to use it.
I am so familiar with that!  :D :D Chester and Rosie love to walk all over laptops when we are trying to use them.