login

Author Topic: Pets  (Read 96485 times)

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 461
  • Bowsette is bae
Re: Pets
« Reply #1065 on: November 10, 2018, 09:17:55 PM »
He's back home, with a catheter and pain meds. He has to go back in the morning.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 244
« Reply #1066 on: November 11, 2018, 03:33:08 PM »
Sorry to hear he has to go back, but glad to hear he's home.

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #1067 on: November 11, 2018, 05:13:41 PM »
Dad decided that he was doing alright, so we're going to wait until tomorrow and take him to our usual vet. Dad was concerned that the vets at the animal hospital were trying to gouge him, which is probably true, and since he's not bleeding out and high on pain killers, it's probably going to be fine. I'm never one for doing things AMA, but it's not my dog, it's my dad's.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1460
« Reply #1068 on: November 12, 2018, 07:21:38 AM »

I appreciate my dungeon master’s adherence to the rule that as long as an animal is being cute it can not be moved from where it chooses to be, regardless of how unconfortable it makes you.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1069 on: December 15, 2018, 09:09:17 PM »
Found out this week that my new job allows you to bring your dogs to work. Which is awesome. But the caveats are that they have to be well behave and quiet. Which unfortunately (though understandably) leaves me from being able to take my 3 in with me.
My guys tend to bark at people they don't know and a new place (like an office) would result in them running in up and down the unfamiliar halls and wrestling in new unfamiliar rooms.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1070 on: January 05, 2019, 08:02:35 PM »
Our beagle is sick. Threw up a few times this morning and been sleeping most of the day and hasn't eaten anything all day. Tried the usual guaranteed food for sick dogs-boiled chicken and white rice cooked in the chicken water- and he wouldn't touch that either. Will see how he is tomorrow, but may be taking a trip the the emergency vet.

Only had 2 other dogs that wouldn't eat chicken and rice when they were ill. 1 with kidney failure who I could only get to eat steak- fortunately that was back when steak was much cheaper- fed her a cheap $2 chuck steak just about every day for her last year. And 1 with cancer who would rarely eat the same thing two days in a row for his last year.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1071 on: January 06, 2019, 10:17:42 AM »
Clark the beagle is eating again and acting more normal today. Did throw up a little early this morning, but seems to be keeping food down now.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 693
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #1072 on: February 13, 2019, 11:53:54 AM »
I've got a mouse in my house. I haven't seen it, but I've found its droppings. And my 3 cats seem really interested in the space behind my oven, so I assume that's where it's hiding. And yet they haven't caught him. C'mon guys, you have one job.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 477
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #1073 on: February 13, 2019, 10:34:03 PM »
I don't mean to brag, but if there's a mouse in our house, anywhere in our house, it is dead effing meat. Our cats are... how shall i say... brutally efficient with their hunting skills?

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #1074 on: February 14, 2019, 06:16:04 AM »
I don't mean to brag, but if there's a mouse in our house, anywhere in our house, it is dead effing meat. Our cats are... how shall i say... brutally efficient with their hunting skills?

Poor mice :( they're just surviving

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 693
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #1075 on: February 14, 2019, 02:06:16 PM »

I have no problem with mice, as long as they stay out of my house. I've set non-lethal mousetraps, but so far to no avail.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 477
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #1076 on: February 14, 2019, 08:35:25 PM »
Hey I sympathize. I like Mice too but unfortunately a cats hunting instincts are so deeply embedded that if they see one of those little critters wandering around they're going to enter attack mode. Believe me, I hate seeing dead critters right outside our door.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1077 on: February 16, 2019, 09:43:07 AM »
Yeah, dogs and cats hunt.
I had a woman scream at me at the dog park last year because one of my dogs was "traumatized the poor ducks" by swimming after them in the pond in the park. She's just lucky she didn't see him kill one that day because he has before.
We had a Cheasapeak Bay Retriever who used to catch and kill all sorts of rodents-field mice, rabbits, squirrels, even muscrats. Wasn't ever better happy about it, especially whenever she tried to bring her fresh kill into the house, but it's what animals do.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4307
« Reply #1078 on: February 18, 2019, 09:04:56 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AZS5cgybKcI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AZS5cgybKcI</a>

Online Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #1079 on: February 19, 2019, 06:43:12 AM »
All I'm missing to increase my mischief is the new rats! I've got the stuff for the second cage, just need another pair of ratties to stick in it so we can begin the quarantine and introduction process!