Author Topic: Pets  (Read 97576 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: Pets
« Reply #915 on: October 15, 2015, 05:49:05 PM »
Adopted a 2 yr old cat named Bear today. Unfortunately he freaked the heck out when they went to do his blood test and chip him to the point that they couldn't get near him to do it. So we have to wait til tomorrow for them to try again.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 526
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #916 on: October 15, 2015, 06:26:19 PM »
Hey, thanks for helping a "used" kitty!  :highfive:

I hope your vet is better prepared next time.

Two weeks ago, they took blood from my cat...and put the needle somewhere on his chest.  They also put a catheter in his penis.  He handled all that.  But, when they try to trim his toenails, the fight was on!! ;D
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3781
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #917 on: October 16, 2015, 08:21:22 AM »
Looks like one of our bunnies, Peter died while we were gone to Mexico.. The body is stuck under our back deck and I can't reach it so the stench will be around for a while..
Bonyx is still in the yard and I can tell she's sad :(
Left plenty of food and the water hose trickling so something else must've killed him. He was mostly an indoor bunny till my brother brought him to us earlier this year so my guess is his immune system may not have been strong enough for living outdoors..
I dunno but it's gonna suck having to tell my brother and sister in law their bunny died while we were on vacation :-[

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #918 on: October 16, 2015, 05:56:34 PM »
Bear had another freak out this morning when they tried to chip him. They had to put him in "time out" again to cool down. He will be transferred to an animal hospital so they can sedate him and get the chip & shots taken care of.

He calmed down later in the day so they said we could come in and hang out with him for a bit. We drove over and when they tried to get him from time out he went ballistic again so we ended up just playing with some other cats for a few.

Earliest he could get an appointment is Monday so it'll be a few more days before he comes home with us.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #919 on: October 17, 2015, 05:38:50 AM »
Looks like one of our bunnies, Peter died while we were gone to Mexico.. The body is stuck under our back deck and I can't reach it so the stench will be around for a while..
Bonyx is still in the yard and I can tell she's sad :(
Left plenty of food and the water hose trickling so something else must've killed him. He was mostly an indoor bunny till my brother brought him to us earlier this year so my guess is his immune system may not have been strong enough for living outdoors..
I dunno but it's gonna suck having to tell my brother and sister in law their bunny died while we were on vacation :-[
And now Bonyx passed away last night.. This hurts more than the others because she was with us the longest and considered part of our family. :'(
I want to say it was old age but both Bonyx and Peter were between 3 1/2 to 4 years old and I thought they lived longer than that :-\
Guess there will be no more pet bunnies in our yard anymore...

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #920 on: October 17, 2015, 06:09:47 AM »
I'm sorry to hear this RVR, I know you really liked your bunnies. :'(
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #921 on: October 17, 2015, 06:21:41 AM »
I'm sorry to hear this RVR, I know you really liked your bunnies. :'(
Peter we were still getting to know. Bonyx came to us by accident.. One of our Latino customers came to us for taxes and out of nowhere this little black fur ball appeared in our front yard. She apparently hitched a ride in the truck's engine compartment..
I started to feed it tortillas because that's what a nephew fed his two bunnies in Mexico and after about a week or so I set a trap with tortillas for bait and caught her in a matter of hours.
I moved her to the back yard where she had lived ever since and grew on us over time.
Thanks. Yeah this really sux but she lived a good life here :(

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #922 on: October 17, 2015, 06:34:09 AM »
I'm gonna miss going outside and seeing them in the yard..
They just brightened my days

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2592
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #923 on: October 17, 2015, 10:24:18 AM »
Sorry to hear about the bunnies, strange that they went so close together. 
Did the mosquitoes really go way up after the floods, those nasty bugs can spread disease like crazy.

It's usually not hard to find people giving them away if you want to get another one.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #924 on: October 17, 2015, 10:41:46 AM »
Did the mosquitoes really go way up after the floods, those nasty bugs can spread disease like crazy.

It's usually not hard to find people giving them away if you want to get another one.
Thanks. I've noticed the mosquitoes have increased since getting home and that's a definite possibility..  :-\
The guy we got Bonyx from breeds them but I don't think I want to get another bunny right now.. Bonyx lasted a few years and the others only several months so I don't think it would be a good idea  :-[

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2592
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #925 on: October 17, 2015, 11:04:50 AM »

Thanks. I've noticed the mosquitoes have increased since getting home and that's a definite possibility..  :-\
The guy we got Bonyx from breeds them but I don't think I want to get another bunny right now.. Bonyx lasted a few years and the others only several months so I don't think it would be a good idea  :-[

The lasting a few years part means you were taking care of them just fine, something must have changed in the last week.

Something else to check for:

If your neighbors have put out any of that pelleted mouse/rat poison it may have found it's way into your yard.  When they use it at the horse ranch I find those pellets sometimes far from where they were placed, the mice will carry it back to their nests and hiding places to stash it for eating later, and they can do this for a while before the poison gets them.  So look around for any green pellets about the diameter of a BB, same green color pressure treated wood used to have all over it.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #926 on: October 17, 2015, 11:28:02 AM »
The only neighbor issue I'm having is with my ex-friend that's living in the Mega Shed but he was camping in the mountains from Oct. 3-11 cause he didn't pay me his portion of the utility bill till just yesterday but my last surviving Siberian Husky lives on his side of the fence and he's fine..
I think Peter died before he got home from camping but again I don't know, and Bonyx seemed sad when I saw her on Thursday but was still grazing in the yard..
I'll look around the yard just to make sure though

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4582
« Reply #927 on: October 17, 2015, 11:40:20 AM »
I'm sorry about your bunnies.  I remember when you first posted about Bonyx here, and have enjoyed your happy posts on them all.  I'm sorry for your loss.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #928 on: October 17, 2015, 11:52:44 AM »
I'm sorry about your bunnies.  I remember when you first posted about Bonyx here, and have enjoyed your happy posts on them all.  I'm sorry for your loss.
Thanks Lucas.
The yard won't be the same without her roaming around it anymore :(

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #929 on: October 17, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »
Someday, when it's time, you'll have some good video of him to watch.  :)    I thought he was adorable.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!