Author Topic: Pets  (Read 100899 times)

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
Re: Pets
« Reply #345 on: December 02, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
Thank ya kindly for the compliments, folks. And the translation, Lucas; I'm quite rusty when it comes to that Slythern tongue.

High five, fellow snake owner!

*no arms*

Awww...

How long do pet snakes live, about 20-30 years?   Do they have any personality?

Assuming he stays well taken care of and was captive-bred, my dude could be anywhere from 15-25 years. And yes, I'd say snakes (and all reptiles/animals) do have a personality. It just takes a bit longer to identify and recognize, since they definitely aren't as outwardly expressive like a cat or dog.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #346 on: December 02, 2011, 03:07:57 PM »
I'll back up Relaxing Dragon here by saying that I've currently got ten snakes and I couldn't have ten individuals more different from each other than these guys. No two are alike and even the few I have with similar temperaments have their own unique takes on such. I know it's hard to believe when you look into the face of a snake, but there are some definite gears turning behind those eyes and not all of them are saying,"I'ma gonna bite you!" or "Feed me!".

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #347 on: December 02, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
I got bit by a snake a few weeks ago at work.  It was in the grass along the corner of a house I was measuring.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #348 on: December 02, 2011, 03:14:34 PM »
I got bit by a snake a few weeks ago at work.  It was in the grass along the corner of a house I was measuring.

They say snakes are good judge of character.

* Eyes K1 Suspiciously *

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #349 on: December 02, 2011, 04:58:45 PM »
One of our friends recently complained that a snake attached itself to her pants. I of course took the opportunity to warn her about trouser snakes.

You're a credit to the community.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #350 on: December 02, 2011, 05:38:20 PM »
One of our friends recently complained that a snake attached itself to her pants. I of course took the opportunity to warn her about trouser snakes.

LOL!

But truthfully, she didn't need to be really worried as long as it still had both of its eyes.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #351 on: December 02, 2011, 05:40:53 PM »
Did it spit at her?

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #352 on: December 02, 2011, 05:42:08 PM »
:rimshot: :D :D

shodan

« Reply #353 on: December 02, 2011, 05:48:27 PM »

my dogs.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #354 on: December 02, 2011, 05:54:35 PM »

my dogs.

NOPE! Chuck Testa. You can totally see the string!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #355 on: December 02, 2011, 08:16:58 PM »

my dogs.

Do you usually Velcro them to the wall to sleep?
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

shodan

« Reply #356 on: December 02, 2011, 08:23:13 PM »

my dogs.

Do you usually Velcro them to the wall to sleep?
usually yeah, its how they slept as puppies.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #357 on: December 03, 2011, 05:34:13 AM »
Called another local shelter about their kittehs.  They seem to be better about updating PetFinder with new cats that are up for adoption than the 2 we are pre-approved to adopt from already, but they don't list their address on their craptastic angelfire/geocities looking website. They say to call and get the address which is weird. Even the email I sent last week was immediately replied to with an auto reply saying to call.  I have a feeling it's out of some crazy cat lady's home.

But they have a few kittens that look like my old cat (and wurwolf & APGiL's cat Todd) so I'm hoping they call back at some point.

If I may ask, what made you guys decide to get another cat? (P.S. Todd is snoring in excitement.)
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #358 on: December 03, 2011, 05:45:03 AM »
Called another local shelter about their kittehs.  They seem to be better about updating PetFinder with new cats that are up for adoption than the 2 we are pre-approved to adopt from already, but they don't list their address on their craptastic angelfire/geocities looking website. They say to call and get the address which is weird. Even the email I sent last week was immediately replied to with an auto reply saying to call.  I have a feeling it's out of some crazy cat lady's home.

But they have a few kittens that look like my old cat (and wurwolf & APGiL's cat Todd) so I'm hoping they call back at some point.

If I may ask, what made you guys decide to get another cat? (P.S. Todd is snoring in excitement.)

I miss having one around.  Plus the boy has been BEGGING to have one.  He still talks about the old ones we had.

We're not desperate to get a cat, but if we find one we really like we'll go for it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #359 on: December 03, 2011, 02:17:51 PM »
I really wish I could get a cat in my apartment complex. Sadly, every time I look around, it's only the more expensive places that allows pets of any kind around here. That's not even including the extra tacked on fee, and the fact you get part or none of your security deposit back.