Author Topic: Pets  (Read 113749 times)

spaceforarent

Re: Pets
« Reply #270 on: November 16, 2010, 11:15:38 AM »
So long as she doesn't spray on it I guess you'll be safe but I dunno.. Hair Balls! :scared:
The biggest issue is all the settings that she keeps changing!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5009
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #271 on: November 16, 2010, 12:02:24 PM »
So long as she doesn't spray on it I guess you'll be safe but I dunno.. Hair Balls! :scared:
Well kitties ain't too internet savvy but practice makes perfect YEAH! 8)

spaceforarent

« Reply #272 on: November 16, 2010, 12:03:22 PM »
I think you mean PURRfect  :P

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #273 on: November 16, 2010, 12:05:14 PM »
Ew that's naughty :gouge:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #274 on: November 16, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »
Ew that's naughty :gouge:

...no it isn't.
It sounded like it.. :scared:

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3094
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #275 on: November 16, 2010, 01:40:51 PM »
The horse I'm leasing now, a Tennessee Walker named Max:

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #276 on: November 16, 2010, 04:40:10 PM »
Ah yes, the old trick of the pet sleeping on something that you want so you have to pay attention to them and pet them..... well played.

And you can lease a horse?   I am pretty ignorant on horses..... do you lease them for something work related or to pal around with or?     Regardless, sharp looking horse.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #277 on: November 16, 2010, 05:42:59 PM »
And you can lease a horse?   I am pretty ignorant on horses..... do you lease them for something work related or to pal around with or?     Regardless, sharp looking horse.

Basically I'm paying for his feed and board and minor vet stuff like de-wormer and trimming his feet.  In exchange I get to ride him when ever I want.   I'm not ready to buy another horse after Waco died, this horse wasn't being used by anyone at the ranch and I didn't want to be horseless for very long.

He is a handful when you're riding him, always wants to go fast and will not stand still, that's why he wasn't being used.  Too hyper to be rented out to beginners and the few people that were good enough to ride him no longer had time for him.  Funny thing is when out on the trails if you get off him he will stand still forever, get back on and he will start dancing and spinning if you try to make him stand still.  I'm going to try and work on that, we'll see if he can learn to relax and take a breather when out of the trails.

He has the walker gate, that is very cool, you are moving along at a good speed but it's as smooth as if you were walking slow.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #278 on: November 16, 2010, 05:45:04 PM »

Basically I'm paying for his feed and board and minor vet stuff like de-wormer and trimming his feet.  In exchange I get to ride him when ever I want.   I'm not ready to buy another horse after Waco died, this horse wasn't being used by anyone at the ranch and I didn't want to be horseless for very long.

He is a handful when you're riding him, always wants to go fast and will not stand still, that's why he wasn't being used.  Too hyper to be rented out to beginners and the few people that were good enough to ride him no longer had time for him.  Funny thing is when out on the trails if you get off him he will stand still forever, get back on and he will start dancing and spinning if you try to make him stand still.  I'm going to try and work on that, we'll see if he can learn to relax and take a breather when out of the trails.

He has the walker gate, that is very cool, you are moving along at a good speed but it's as smooth as if you were walking slow.
Cool!

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #279 on: November 16, 2010, 07:10:56 PM »

Cool!

That is very cool. I never had the pleasure of riding a Tennessee Walker but I hear they're a great horse to ride.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #280 on: November 16, 2010, 07:13:09 PM »
It does make me want to find a stable where I can ride. All those near me seem geared towards little girls (i.e. they have height and weight restrictions that mean a grown man or even a teenage boy, are sort of excluded).

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #281 on: November 17, 2010, 07:35:24 AM »
I rode a horse a few times when I was nine or so and was kind of nervous about it. Glad the horse just followed the others when we were on the trail.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #282 on: November 17, 2010, 08:35:19 AM »
I think my cats are a little retarded. Kitty is over ten and Todd is around four and they're both completely bamboozled by the wind rattling the windows. They're all jumping around like, OMFG HOLY SHIT!!! WHAT WAS THAT!!!

Dopes.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #283 on: November 17, 2010, 10:05:59 AM »
Yeah ours (by that I mean anais') like to watch the squirrels outside the window :P.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #284 on: November 17, 2010, 10:05:27 PM »
I live currently in Tennessee Walking-Horse country, and watching them do their little goose-step thing is seeing one of the stupidest things I've ever seen animal do.  I admit I have no idea the history/context, but I live 20 miles away from the biggest "Walking horse celebration" festival in the country, and you'd have to pay me over $100 to get me to go to it.

That high stepping with the front legs is not a natural thing, people put weighted rings on their front legs to irritate them so they learn to step like that.  There are a few breeds that people do that with, I forget the name of the Spanish horses that they also do that to.   They used to permanently attach the metal rings, now they use removable ones, but big deal, you are still basically hurting the horse just to make him do that stupid step. 

The running walk gate is not that high step thing, it's a natural way certain breeds move their feet while running that makes them smoother to ride than other breeds.  Instead of rocking forward and back you hardly move at all in the saddle.  The Peruvian Paso Fino horse has a similar running gate. 

Strangest ride is the horses they use for harness racing, there's a few of them at the ranch that have come from the track, they are trained to move in a way that when you start running you are bouncing side to side, very hard to untrain them from that and get them doing a normal lope that has you rocking forward and back.