login

Author Topic: Pets  (Read 113774 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5044
Re: Pets
« Reply #1110 on: August 16, 2020, 07:31:29 PM »
Spoke to a friend who I hoped would help me make the decision. He talked to me about what it was like when his dog needed to be put to sleep, and everything kinda mirrors Janeway at this point. I'm calling the vet tomorrow.

I'm so sorry.  That is the hardest time in any animal parent's time with each fur-iend we adopt.  As sad as it is, I commend you on making the decision so Janeway doesn't suffer.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1161
  • Rebranded from Lesbunny
« Reply #1111 on: August 16, 2020, 09:15:36 PM »
Rats live for far too short a time.

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1112 on: August 19, 2020, 10:17:43 AM »
Goodbye, Janeway. Start your next voyage.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5044
« Reply #1113 on: August 19, 2020, 11:23:20 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss, Lesbunny.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5549
« Reply #1114 on: October 01, 2020, 01:25:20 PM »
Umm...

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1097
« Reply #1115 on: October 01, 2020, 04:40:13 PM »
Goodbye, Janeway. Start your next voyage.
I'm so sorry.  :'(

I wanted to adopt a puppy tomorrow at an adoption event in a nearby town, and due to circumstances beyond my control... I can't bring a puppy home. I know this is such a huge cliche, but that distresses me more than words can fucking say.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 04:42:45 PM by Russoguru »
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1116 on: October 22, 2020, 07:08:33 PM »
I adopted 4 new rats. It feels so selfish to admit, but I needed them. I was in a massive downward emotional spiral, and I said multiple times that my girls kept me going. Knowing how important I am to something keeps me alive. If I was gone, my dog would still receive top notch care. My parents would love and spoil him. But my parents wouldn't take proper care of my rats. They'd get no love or attention, just fed and watered till they stressed out and were either mean or passed away.

My mother has been pitching a tantrum all night about it, because, even though I've told her several times that I need something like rats, I clearly only did it to upset her.

I haven't sorted names out for all of them. They're all boys, and I want to name them after Trek characters. The Timid one will be Reginald Barclay, or Reg. The ruby eyed white one will be Data or Odo. The other two I'm not sure on yet. They're all so cute. I love them.