Author Topic: Pets  (Read 101302 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
Re: Pets
« Reply #1020 on: April 13, 2018, 02:31:50 PM »
Well, I have filled out the paperwork for a cat adoption, and will have a home visit/evaluation tomorrow by the shelter representative I've been interacting with online, and will likely have the new feline friend tomorrow as well. It has been over 14 months since Lucas moved out of his body. I think I am ready.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #1021 on: April 13, 2018, 06:34:11 PM »
Well, I have filled out the paperwork for a cat adoption, and will have a home visit/evaluation tomorrow by the shelter representative I've been interacting with online, and will likely have the new feline friend tomorrow as well. It has been over 14 months since Lucas moved out of his body. I think I am ready.

I think you are ready as well. I have no doubt that you gave Lucas the best home you possibly could have, and he was grateful for it. Now it's time to give another lucky cat her forever home :D

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #1022 on: April 14, 2018, 05:46:38 PM »
Heidi is with me. :)  Arrived just about five hours ago, the shelter person left four hours ago (and I've slept the last two hours).  Despite her original owner (who died of cancer) having her for years, she has been adjusting quickly to the new surroundings, sitting by me on the couch as I watch TV, occasionally 'bonk'ing me for petting.

For those interested, this is her picture from the Shelter's page:
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 524
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #1023 on: April 14, 2018, 07:36:06 PM »
What an adorable little lady.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 376
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #1024 on: April 17, 2018, 06:28:27 PM »
I took this particularly cute picture of my cat Naja today.  He looks like a little prairie dog sitting up on his back legs like that.

I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #1025 on: April 17, 2018, 08:56:15 PM »
With the right paw up to his chin, it looks like he's thinking, "now... can I make it up to the top in two bounds, or will it take three today?" :)

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1026 on: April 18, 2018, 03:32:33 AM »
With the right paw up to his chin, it looks like he's thinking, "now... can I make it up to the top in two bounds, or will it take three today?" :)

Hee hee.  I didn't think of it that way.  He usually doesn't take those side steps.  Usually he gets a running start and jumps straight to the 2nd level from the top (on top of that cube).  It's too high to make it, but he grasps on to the side and climbs from there.  It's pretty amazing and cute.

You can't see it in this picture, but there's a toy hanging from the underside.  It's a thin wire frame mouse.  It's actually a Christmas ornament.  He's pulling it toward his mouth with one paw.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 524
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #1027 on: May 10, 2018, 10:03:30 AM »

I gave the girls a dish of water with some peas in it to play with during play time. The idea is that they can fish for the peas in the water and get a snack when they succeed. They've bee LOVING it.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 581
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #1028 on: May 10, 2018, 12:50:13 PM »
My good friend's dog has been having to go through several rounds of chemo. For those of you who believe in praying for animals, please pray for Smokey. All of you who don't believe in a higher power or anything, best wishes should suffice. Thanks guys.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 262
« Reply #1029 on: May 16, 2018, 04:58:05 PM »
My good friend's dog has been having to go through several rounds of chemo. For those of you who believe in praying for animals, please pray for Smokey. All of you who don't believe in a higher power or anything, best wishes should suffice. Thanks guys.
Been there done that. My thoughts are with your friend and their dog.

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1030 on: May 26, 2018, 06:37:55 AM »

This is why I bought Shikaree at a pet store.  I already have a job; I don't need to be to be treated like a job applicant applying to do them the favor of rescuing an animal.  I did not get Naja at a pet store though; I bought him for $15 off a girl on Craigslist.

It has been warm, so I let the cats play on the patio.  Naja has longer fur than Shikaree, and he keeps getting some sort of seeds or something stuck in his fur.  They look like tiny peas.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #1031 on: May 26, 2018, 09:59:10 AM »
I have three black cats, all from the same litter. Victoria, Albert and Urchin. Found them as strays across the street last year. Last summer they were kittens. This summer, black cat hair all over the place. I've had long haired cats that produced less hair than these guys. As I'm sitting here at my computer, I see globs of hair on the floor from where they'll come up to me and beg to be scratched. I love cats, but man, these guys can sure make a mess  :o

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #1032 on: May 26, 2018, 11:24:56 AM »
just buried the last of my red-eared sliders turtles (they were all around 20 years old).
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #1033 on: May 26, 2018, 05:29:30 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Henry88.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 581
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #1034 on: May 26, 2018, 06:10:24 PM »
We've had a stray cat for almost 2 years now and man has he grown up fast. Seems like just yesterday he was a teeny little kitten. I'm talking about Rory(I forgot if I mentioned him in earlier comments). One quality I really look for in a cat is that they like being held. Rory doesn't mind being picked up at all(Unlike most of my other cats) and I'll pet him and he'll let me hold him at least a minute or two before he wants to be put back on the ground. The way I see it, holding a cat is a great way of bonding with them. My... old cat Jake loved to be held and he would purr every moment I held him in my arms... rest his poor little soul.