Author Topic: The silliest scene in the movie  (Read 5494 times)

Principal_Skin-trade

The silliest scene in the movie
« on: May 24, 2007, 08:10:17 AM »
Anakin and Dooku, waving around their lightsabers and we only see a bunch of blue and red light on their faces like it's a trippy disco psychadelic freakout... it's more like they are next to a cop car then fighting with laser swords. Wab wab wab wab (Sounds of the probe from star trek IV!) Wab wab wab woob woob wob.

Offline Hobbit

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
Re: The silliest scene in the movie
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »
Anakin and Dooku, waving around their lightsabers and we only see a bunch of blue and red light on their faces like it's a trippy disco psychadelic freakout... it's more like they are next to a cop car then fighting with laser swords. Wab wab wab wab (Sounds of the probe from star trek IV!) Wab wab wab woob woob wob.

I actually thought it was a pretty cool effect.  If nothing else, the saber fights in the prequal are quite entertaining to watch.

I think the dumbest, most painful scene in the whole movie is when Anakin falls off the free-range monster ticks or whatever the hell those things are and then pretends to be hurt so he can cop a feel.  What a jackass.  I was smoother when I was 13.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 08:38:40 AM by Hobbit »

Offline Goshzilla

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 11:48:06 PM »
yeah, the tick riding was just  too awful to watch.  :gouge:

Yes Anakin is in love with Padme I'll accept that happily. Do I have to see a complete mapping of their relationship? No, someone just make that pain stop.

Principal_Skin-trade

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 01:14:43 AM »
I actually thought it was a pretty cool effect.  If nothing else, the saber fights in the prequal are quite entertaining to watch.
Yeah, well you have hairy feet. And i've got to believe Yoda's HEIGHT had some influence on that opinion.  ;D

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 08:35:53 AM »
The most ridiculous scene in this godawful movie was the whole steaming pile of the "I love you", "I just wanted you to know" scene.

This is just further proof of how disconnected from reality Lucas has become.

"You're a whiney, self-important, transparently horny little bastard on a power trip - that's why I love you!"

Give me a break. I'll *never* believe that happy crappy.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Hobbit

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 08:41:15 AM »
The most ridiculous scene in this godawful movie was the whole steaming pile of the "I love you", "I just wanted you to know" scene.

"You're a whiney, self-important, transparently horny little bastard on a power trip - that's why I love you!"

It just goes to show you that people will believe the impossible before the improbable.  The overly gooey love scenes that would normally make somebody as desirable as Natalie Portman run for the hills get FAR more criticism for lack of realism than the fact that one of the gooiest ones takes place on a HOVERING CHARIOT.  Seriously.  If you can make the thing effortlessly hover a couple of feet off the ground, then why the hell do you still need horses to pull it?

Principal_Skin-trade

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 11:59:39 PM »
Lucas just made the prequels to prove a point: "No matter how bad the suckage, as long as it has Star Wars on it... people will treat it like gold."

Offline Hobbit

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 12:14:13 PM »
Lucas just made the prequels to prove a point: "No matter how bad the suckage, as long as it has Star Wars on it... people will treat it like gold."

Unless it has the name 'Force Commander' somewhere in it.

Offline Jormungandr

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 12:36:29 AM »

It just goes to show you that people will believe the impossible before the improbable.  The overly gooey love scenes that would normally make somebody as desirable as Natalie Portman run for the hills get FAR more criticism for lack of realism than the fact that one of the gooiest ones takes place on a HOVERING CHARIOT.  Seriously.  If you can make the thing effortlessly hover a couple of feet off the ground, then why the hell do you still need horses to pull it?

Honestly the gooey love scenes were painful to watch. Even having Portman in there only made it worse...
Felt like yelling "Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Run hotness run!"