login

Author Topic: The kid...  (Read 3571 times)

Crazy_88s

The kid...
« on: November 17, 2007, 07:08:21 PM »
Barring the fact that the pod race is overlong and completely extraneous to the movie, how was Anakin supposed to have won the race without using the force? Furthermore, unless R2-D2 piloted the Spaceship that blew up the giant overarmed Joan Rivers bangle, how did this child manage to destroy it without any flight training at all? Was there something in the book that I missed? Was there a scene where they put Anakin in the Battlefield earth flight simulator and he instantly he knew how to be a top notch fighter pilot?

Kzinistzerg

Re: The kid...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 07:51:03 PM »
They had plot holes that you could fly commercial aircraft through. Deal with it.

Crazy_88s

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 09:48:51 PM »
They had plot holes that you could fly commercial aircraft through. Deal with it.
But... but... but... alright. :(

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 04:57:21 AM »
Haven't you seen Toys?  Young kids are the perfect soldiers as they have incredible hand-eye coordination.  Sit them down at a video game and there's no stopping them...and don't tell me it's not the same, you saw all the CG in that movie, it WAS a video game.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Crazy_88s

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 10:38:04 AM »
Haven't you seen Toys?  Young kids are the perfect soldiers as they have incredible hand-eye coordination.  Sit them down at a video game and there's no stopping them...and don't tell me it's not the same, you saw all the CG in that movie, it WAS a video game.
I think I would have liked to have seen a more realistic scenario, wherein young Anakin's Naboo Starfighter is captured by the trade federation, and as he jumps out of the cockpit, he goes YIPEEE!!! Until a Stromtr-- pardon me, "Battle Droid" shoots Anakin in the back, rendering him paralyzed and Anakin pees himself and goes "please help me mommmmyyy!!!!" and then the Battle Droids beat the hell out of him with the butts of their rifles until he is dead and all hope is lost and there is a Time Paradox since Anakin never existed.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 04:38:20 PM »
I think I would have liked to have seen a more realistic scenario, wherein young Anakin's Naboo Starfighter is captured by the trade federation, and as he jumps out of the cockpit, he goes YIPEEE!!! Until a Stromtr-- pardon me, "Battle Droid" shoots Anakin in the back, rendering him paralyzed and Anakin pees himself and goes "please help me mommmmyyy!!!!" and then the Battle Droids beat the hell out of him with the butts of their rifles until he is dead and all hope is lost and there is a Time Paradox since Anakin never existed.

Or, you know, you could have left the young child on Coruscant (or however the hell it's spelled) and gone into the highly dangerous situation without having to babysit.  Then they could have had the battle decided by something other than dumb luck.  Or maybe, make Ani old enough to drive so we could believe he could fly into battle.

Honestly, was there any reason to make him that young in the first film?  It just makes it creepy and weird when he ages ten times faster than Padme.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 05:06:45 PM »
Thats what life on an arid desert planet like Tatooine will do to you.  Look what happened to Obi Wan in between 3 and 4.  He aged like 30 years in about 18 years time.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 05:17:34 PM »
Barring the fact that the pod race is overlong and completely extraneous to the movie, how was Anakin supposed to have won the race without using the force? Furthermore, unless R2-D2 piloted the Spaceship that blew up the giant overarmed Joan Rivers bangle, how did this child manage to destroy it without any flight training at all?

The same way that Jar Jar Binks became a war hero by running away, pissing him pants.

According to Lucas, even idiots can become great and famous without even meaning to.

A metaphor for his own life?

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 10:44:22 PM »
No no no, it's all an allegory for George W. Bush.