login

Author Topic: To comic fans, Whats your favorite.  (Read 28527 times)

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
Re: To comic fans, Whats your favorite.
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2006, 10:54:15 AM »

I can't believe they got Stan to do that show, though. I see it as sort of an insult on his dignity.

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2006, 07:11:20 AM »
Personally i really liked Bendis's retailing of the origins of Spider-woman. As for the All-Star Line of comics. I really like All-Star Superman especially the first issues with Superman and Lois. But i really dont like All-Star Batman all that well. Its just the batman i know would never slap around Robin or Alfred. Plus i dont know if anyone eles as heard of Ragman. But the 1990 mini-series was just great.

I have that issue! Ragman was a decent read, a bit bizzarre givent he time as well.

I haven't really bought many comics since the early 90's glut, but there was some decent stuff back then. *warning-I am a superhero reader*
The Age of Apocalypse line in the X titles was pretty good (Evil Beast rocked!) and the Amagalm stuff was overall pretty good (although pandering to the fanboys in a big way)
But Kingdom Come was by far the best of it's time in my book.
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Kiiml

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • This used to be the pacific ocean
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2006, 03:40:31 PM »
Strange...I loved Hellboy as a movie, but I dislike Mike Mignola's choppy drawing style.
Moses! Move the bike!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2006, 02:52:45 AM »

My French is a little rusty, but I think Hellboy is saying, "Kiiml smells."  ;)

Edit: Damn. Bad link. I'll have to upload it myself.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 05:53:47 AM by The Sharktopus »

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Leader Of The Justice Riff League Europe
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2006, 05:40:27 AM »
My fave comics include

Evil Ernie
Shadowhawk
Teen Titans (80's)
Savage Dragon

my mate recently got me into 52 which i been enjoying as well.
We just had a comic store open in my town so looking to getting a whole lot more comics
In brightest day, in darkest night
No DVD shall escape their sight
Let those who tremble in bad movies light,
Beware the power, Rifftrax's might!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2006, 05:58:22 AM »
Shadowhawk? *giggle*

My LCS just closed up, but I don't really mind since I regularly drove half and hour out of the way to go to a much better one. But now my backup is gone. I'll miss the fun of being able to say "I'm going to Stonehenge." No one who they were or what they were doing...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 02:54:13 AM by The Sharktopus »

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2006, 06:33:08 AM »
Shadowhawk? *giggle*

and whats wrong with Shadowhawk?

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2006, 07:02:28 AM »
Honestly, I know nothing about Shadowhawk other than he was one of the early Image characters. (Not a high pedigree.)

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2006, 07:13:47 AM »
Honestly, I know nothing about Shadowhawk other than he was one of the early Image characters. (Not a high pedigree.)

He's an interesting charecter. His backstory is he was a DA who, when he wouldn't back down to a mobsters threats, was injected with HIV infected blood, causing him to be infected himself. The attack was made public and his co workers and friends soon turned their backs on him (due to the small mindedness of what HIV was and meant) he ended up attacking a fellow colleague and was fired and jailed. He then decided to use the rest of his time fighting criminals and ended up donning a special armour which increased his strength and agility.
Another unique aspect was that not even the reader knew who his identity was at first, we saw Shadowhawk fight crime and then saw a number of charecters, any of which could have been him. Its an interesting read.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2006, 08:01:26 AM »
Another unique aspect was that not even the reader knew who his identity was at first, we saw Shadowhawk fight crime and then saw a number of charecters, any of which could have been him.

That bit sounds pretty cool. Kinda similar to an idea I had myself, actually.

Offline optimus357

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2007, 06:00:07 PM »
Has anyone else read the New Avengers?  I just got some Marvel subscriptions for my last birthday and I have been really enjoying that one even though they killed off Cap (my most favoritist guy ever).

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2007, 07:52:46 PM »
The Inferior Five

The Rocketeer

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2007, 10:35:52 PM »
Has anyone else read the New Avengers?  I just got some Marvel subscriptions for my last birthday and I have been really enjoying that one even though they killed off Cap (my most favoritist guy ever).

I'm somehow enjoying the craziness in the Marvel U right now while simultaneously hating how they're treating some of my beloved characters. But I think that's the effect Quesada and Bendis are going for. The best Marvel stuff is on the fringes right now - Runaways, all the Annihilation stuff, and the Agents Of Atlas and Dr Strange: The Oath miniseries. I look forward to the not-too-distant future when all comics are miniseries. It's not like any of the monthlies stay on time anyway.

Offline optimus357

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2007, 01:06:18 AM »
The revelation that Elektra was a skrull and that perhaps the entire Civil War was orchestrated by skrulls to soften up Earth for invasion had me intrigued.  I wasn't into Doc Strange until TNA so I am totally interested in that new DVD he's in.  All the craziness in the Marvel realm has actually just been like a hot poker in my eye.  First they zap Cap, and then Spidey revels his secret identity.  Unless Marvel is going for a reinvention of superheroes as I know them, I don't see how they are going to make things right with that stuff.  That being said, I'll always have backissues!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3211
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2007, 02:00:35 AM »
I'm sticking with World War Hulk right now. It's not a deep arc, but it's a FUN arc. :^)