login

Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 13966 times)

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
Re: Thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 10:51:54 AM »
Does this mean that, in seven days time, Dice will come out of the TV to kill us? o.o
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2007, 08:01:16 PM »
Naked Dice... I saw it.

Help me? :gouge:
He's infected!  Get the ax!

Once you see it, you can't unsee it. We're all infected!!!

We need to GET TO DA CHOPPAH

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2007, 11:01:54 PM »
I honestly thought the movie was bearable at first and while bad still a helluva lot better than Rifftrax cause it seemed like the director was at least trying....   but that ended pretty quickly...

Liked the rifftrax though, especially random things like Mike's pretty old Garth Brooks reference

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 08:59:23 AM »

I didn't quite make it to the end on this one... I battled against my sleep deprived drowsiness last night but couldn't quite overcome it. I think I made it an hour, maybe a little more, thru the track. I gotta find a better time of day to watch these... this was my second attempt at Glitter.

Anyways... so far, this is really good stuff. The track started out very strong. Mike and Mary Jo were clearly locked on right out of the gate with this one. They felt comfortable and relaxed... took what the movie gave them without ever really seeming to force things... and dropped a truckload of great riffs. I thought the pace and consistency trailed off a little bit around what would be the middle of the movie... but they gotta play with the cards they've been dealt... so no complaints so far.

I'm working over a couple of my buddies who are casual Rifftrax fans... trying to get this one on the docket for the next viewing party. One of the guys is openly refusing to watch "that damn Mariah Carey shit"... but I'll get him to cave. The best thing I can compare this one to is the MST3K classic: Mitchell. Both movies seeem to exist only to be riffed... they are completely useless on their own, but once given the treatment you'll go back to them again and again just to appreicate the highly effective riffing. I told you I could get into my kid's Batman costume!

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2007, 10:52:28 AM »
FINALLY saw this one-- well worth the wait :)  I really enjoyed hearing Mary Jo; she's one of my favorite guest riffers, and I hope she returns.  It was my first RiffTrax as a married woman!  Hooray!  Obi-Wan and I were in hysterics over the fact that Mariah went to see her mom in her "farming gown".

Perhaps the duct tape is holding Mariah, like the rest of the world, together?

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2007, 03:00:06 PM »
Congrats LK!