Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 13965 times)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
Thoughts?
« on: May 21, 2007, 03:05:36 PM »
Thoughts on the Glitter Rifftrax.

Offline StellarJoe

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • The Official RiffTrax 20 Question's Game Breaker
    • Stellar Joe's deviantART
Re: Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 05:23:28 PM »
I thought it was the best RiffTrax since Aeon Flux!  Some of Mike's lines floored me like the "GOOoooOOOod NigggGghhTTtt, MmmoOooOmm!!" at the beginning.  Mary Jo also did a tremendous job on the RiffTrax.  Good to hear her back!

It's in my top 10 favorite riffs, now.  Worth the rent (even with the fact that the DVD skipped in places because it was in such bad condition).
By the way, I was being sarcastic.

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 11:59:39 PM »
    Mike and Mary Jo worked so well together it's hard to believe how long it's been since the end of MST3K.    Loved the callback to The Pod People when Mary Jo's comment on the music was "It sucks!"
    Edit:  I got the line wrong, didn't I? It was "It stinks" rather than "It sucks".  All I can say is Mary Jo's inflection reminded me of the earlier line.

Other favorite lines:  Mike commenting during one of DaBrat's scenes, "Wish Don Imus was here. He'd know what to say."  Also, Mike's notion that Mariah would use the term "the old thunder bucket" got a full laugh outta me.
    Mary Jo's observation while Mariah tugged at her slacks was also great. "Let me adjust my cameltoe."

Twice in a row now, our brave little toaster closes out the performance by belting out whatever the hell plays over the closing credits.  I hope he noticed Mariah's throat care advice during the film and washes down his energy ballz with a big swig of honey.  You keep on singing, you little old kitchen counter appliance you.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 08:13:01 PM by starfighter »

Offline Gamera

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • VincentCalenzo.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 01:00:10 AM »
This Rifftrax is hilarious!  Hmmm... Ahhh... It's fresh.  We should definitely leak it.

My favorite since Over The Top.

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 06:38:08 AM »
Incredible riff.  The Eric Benet stuff had me rolling.

And Mary Jo is great.

Offline Wiseblood

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 10:15:47 AM »
Hilarious.  I hope MJP does more.

One question I have, what was up with that silver smudge that kept popping up on various parts of Mariah?

Offline MarkAndrew

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »
It was really good.  Very smooth.  Like Buttah.

We really need more Mike + Mary Jo riffs

Offline wakachiwaka

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • ...pronounced 'Throatwobbler Mangrove'.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 04:36:27 PM »
Mary Jo also did a tremendous job on the RiffTrax.  Good to hear her back!

Get your ear off Mary Jo's back, Joe.  :rimshot:

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 04:38:16 PM »
That was one excellant riff and I hope Mary Jo comes back for more sometime.

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 05:35:51 PM »
I second that- Mary Jo and Mike work well together on these. I imagine a Mike/Kevin/Mary Jo combo would sell like hotcakes.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 07:11:37 PM »
I just really enjoy when the riffers crack each other up and also when they just laugh at something really cheesy that happens on the screen.

Offline DoctorZ

• Schnappi Supporter
  • It may stop, but it never ends.
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 10:27:35 AM »
For some reason the Chick Flicks make some of the best Rifftrax!  This one goes to the top of the stack for me!  Mary Jo was a breath of fresh air in the riffing department!  She was a tremendous asset to this effort and echoing all these previous posts, I'd like to see her back!  :clap:
" A woman who takes her husband about with her everywhere is like a cat that goes on playing with a mouse long after she's killed it." SAKI

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 12:24:15 AM »
Hilarious.  I hope MJP does more.

One question I have, what was up with that silver smudge that kept popping up on various parts of Mariah?

Yeah!  What the heck WAS that?  I've been scrolling through the Glitter posts hoping that somebody else saw that mysterious silver smudge.  My wife and I kept wondering what it was throughout the whole movie.  You can't let something like that show up on camera in multiple scenes and not at least explain it.

And to throw in my two cents on this Riff, MORE Mary Jo and MORE Dis singing, please!  Thank you.

Offline Smoky

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 04:05:31 AM »
Very funny stuff. I wasn't sure I wanted to get this Rifftrax, 'cus it's Glitter. And of course it was total trash, but with the Rifftrax it wasn't as skull numbingly hard to watch as I'd dreaded. I'm glad I finally found a torrent got it so I could enjoy the trax. Good stuff!
I know you are but what am I

Offline Hobbit

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 10:53:23 AM »
I would say that this movie is like eating a big pile of really good, really hot hot wings, but you have this cut in your mouth, so every time you put a wing in your mouth, the excellent taste of the wing is immediately followed by excruciating pain, but the wings taste SO good that you just can't stop.  Anybody know what I'm talking about here?