login

Author Topic: I bought Glitter today....  (Read 13990 times)

Offline Axeman

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
    • Axemans 3D Homepage
Re: I bought Glitter today....
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2007, 01:53:19 AM »
I'm not worried about being classed as a rear admiral because of purchasing Glitter or Crossroads, it's just that they're terrible movies.  I know we're all here for our love of terrible movies, but there are some movies that I just dont want the people involved in to benefit from my cash.  I'll pay for a 'Plan 9' special edition DVD, but Britney can do without my money.
www.axeman3d.com for all your poor-qaulity CGI model needs.

Offline Douglin

• Big Montana
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2007, 02:34:08 AM »
Then buy it secondhand

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2007, 04:59:57 AM »
I'm planning to rent it at a library, if they've got a copy. They've seen me rent Godzilla Raids again, The 7th Seal, "Understanding Opera," and "Bride and Prejudice." Would Glitter really be out of my range?

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2007, 07:24:16 AM »
I got this one online, but if I were buying it in person, I'd be sure to pick up a copy of Velvet Goldmine or My Own Private Idaho at the same time- I have no issue with people thinking I'm gay, I just don't want them to think I'm gay and tasteless.

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007, 08:08:04 AM »
I think I'm going to start a support group in the "Glitter" forum when it opens. :) I'll need it myself; I'm so eager to hear Mary Jo's riff that I'm going to pick this one up from Blockbuster instead of waiting for Netflix to send it.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2007, 09:57:53 AM »
And I swear I was almost too embarassed to go to the checkout. I was thrilled that it was only $7 but how do you explain it if you get up there and the nerdy kid working the register says "Dude this movie totally sucks you must be like gay or something,"? That's why i also refuse to buy crossroads... it's not that it's a "chick flick" per se, it's just that it's well known for being so intensely horrid and vomit-inducing that even Britney cannot watch it without thinking of shaving her head. (Please not that I would rather copy movies but most of the time when I rent them they are in such bad shape they are impossible to copy, so the only real option is to try and buy it for as cheap as possible).

If he has the nerve to say that, prove your masculinity by punching him in the nose and say "Just shut up and bag my vidalia onions you pitiful wage-slave."
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Smoky

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 03:07:46 PM »
I just can't rent (let alone buy) this. Why can't I find it for free? I mean... is that asking so freakin' much?
I know you are but what am I

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 04:23:32 PM »
Forget it, homey. I already checked the torrent sites; in the 5-1/2 years it's been available on DVD, apparently no none has had the idea of ripping Glitter for online distribution.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3176
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 06:35:33 PM »
Would YOU want to be the one to get busted by the FBI for pirating GLITTER!? :^) There are far nobler causes.

Offline Smoky

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2007, 08:32:29 PM »
Damn it.

Damn you Glitter.
I know you are but what am I

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2007, 10:17:26 AM »

I bought the cheapest copy of Glitter online right when the original Rifftrax was released. Of course, there was something screwy about it. I'm pretty sure that it was a bootleg since it was glitchy, wouldn't load past the menu screen and the disc came covered in some sort of weird grease.

Anyway, after months and months i decided to try again. I mean, bringing yourself to buy or rent a copy of Glitter is a hard thing to do. Unlike almost any other Rifftrax, there's about a 100% chance that nobody you know actually owns this movie. So borrowing a copy is not an option.

Anyway, i finally got it off eBay again for $1.25... Woo-Hoo! Glitter here i come!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2007, 10:27:17 AM »
Come on people it is just a movie.   I found a copy at a local store and I even had them hold it for me!! I had to go up to the counter and say "You are holding a copy of Glitter for me!" I did how ever also buy things like Afro Samurai and other more manly dvds at the same time.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Insert Coin(s) to Continue

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
    • Insert Coin(s) to Continue
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 09:36:40 PM »
I bought this movie via online store. There's just too much shame in buying it in person. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I couldn't even NetFlix it because God knows how many saps are going through my mail on any given day...

....yes, so now I'm the "proud" owner of Glitter new on DVD...

Doctor Who?

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 10:49:02 PM »
I got my VHS version off  of Amazon for $2.99.

There is no way i would spend more then three bucks on this,or buy it in person.

Also Mary Jo needs to be on every Rifftrax!!!  She is great I would love to see how she does with Kevin or Bill while with Mike.