Author Topic: I bought Glitter today....  (Read 13994 times)

Principal_Skin-trade

I bought Glitter today....
« on: May 17, 2007, 08:43:33 PM »
And I swear I was almost too embarassed to go to the checkout. I was thrilled that it was only $7 but how do you explain it if you get up there and the nerdy kid working the register says "Dude this movie totally sucks you must be like gay or something,"? That's why i also refuse to buy crossroads... it's not that it's a "chick flick" per se, it's just that it's well known for being so intensely horrid and vomit-inducing that even Britney cannot watch it without thinking of shaving her head. (Please not that I would rather copy movies but most of the time when I rent them they are in such bad shape they are impossible to copy, so the only real option is to try and buy it for as cheap as possible).

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: I bought Glitter today....
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 08:44:01 PM »
yeah i think ill buy that tommorrow

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 08:45:13 PM »
The sheer will we Riffaholics possess is truly mind boggling...

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 08:45:24 PM »
We're so going to need a support group after this movie.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 08:47:12 PM »
for me itll be laughing heaven i severly missed mary jo presence around here.  which is odd because shes never been here before. 

Offline Reductio_ad_absurdum

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
    • A Singular Way
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 09:10:19 PM »
There is no way in heck I'm gonna buy this film in person.  It is a bad sign when the movie shows up on Amazon.com with selections such as:

Glitter and Queer
The 2006 and 2005 Glitter Awards:  The International Gay Film Awards
A few films about Glam Rockers

Course this really made me laugh in where its in the middle of all this... Historic Travel USA: The Glitter and Glory of the Midwest. :D

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 09:17:40 PM »
So essentially you all refuse to buy the film so strangers don't think you're gay?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 09:20:15 PM »
I bought mine a few days ago via an internet store. Unfortuantely, I discovered today that Ithey had the wrong delivery address on the last three orders from these guys, so who knows when I'll get it. Which sucks as my copy of Buck Rogers is one of those orders. Sniff. I wanna watch my cheesy 80s sci-fi show...

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 09:25:56 PM »
I might actually have to buy this one new..... I work in used and we don't have a single copy in stock right now which really shocks me. We usually have a ton.  If I have to buy it new I am going armed with Rifftrax stickers!!

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

• Big Montana
    • A Singular Way
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 09:33:25 PM »
So essentially you all refuse to buy the film so strangers don't think you're gay?

Yep, about right...  you can be a married, macho, and burly lumberjack and still feel silly and self-conscious if you go on a quick trip to get tampons and other feminine products for your wife.

Another good thing about my choice of celibacy...

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 09:40:29 PM »
choice huh?

Seems an odd mix of extreme lack of confidence and homophobia.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

• Big Montana
    • A Singular Way
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 09:49:59 PM »
choice huh?

Pfft, I can't be homophobic and work retail.  There as only been one time I was utterly revolted and that was because the guy looked like an even more grotesque Michael Jackson.  I just do my job, and if I feel I'm going to crack up because of their behaviorisms I keep to myself politely and wait for them to pass out of sight.  The humor comes more from the stereotype than the actual person to clarify.

EDIT:  If I became a law maker for a country, I'd have a law that says that all 18 year olds either have to go into the military for a year, or work retail for two years.  That'll fix a lot of problems in the manner of courtesy and at least tolerance.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 09:52:19 PM by Reductio_ad_absurdum »

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 10:54:42 PM »

so you think any of us that contribute to this or the crossroads thread are homophobic losers??
Cant say that I understand your reaction Scotth, but at least we can joke about buying a movie that clashes with our personalities (which is dozens of Rifftrax movies by the way)

Offline Axeman

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
    • Axemans 3D Homepage
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 01:51:31 AM »
If I come across a copy of Glitter or Crossroads lying in the street and there is no one watching, then I might pick it up and enjoy the Rifftrax with it.  I'm sure as hell not buying them, that's for sure.  My withered Scottish soul just cant bring itself to part with cash money for vanity project chick-flicks, not even for Rifftrax.  If it's an initiation test, then I'm sorry I'm going to have to fail.
www.axeman3d.com for all your poor-qaulity CGI model needs.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 04:16:43 AM »
I'm sure as hell not buying them, that's for sure... not even for Rifftrax.  If it's an initiation test, then I'm sorry I'm going to have to fail.

Personally I bought crossroads in person, but thats certainly not the only way to get it. Hell it would've been cheaper to buy over the internet... I can't speak for Glitter (as it doesn't get released until Monday) but Crossroads is very funny and probably the cheapest DVD to buy of any of the Rifftrax. What's the problem? unless you are just saving it for "last" (ie; waiting tell you own every track then have no choice ;) )