login

Author Topic: I'm Looking for Sarah Con.... Oh, There she is. Sundays at 8:00  (Read 31242 times)

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
Re: I'm Looking for Sarah Con.... Oh, There she is. Sundays at 8:00
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 08:45:28 PM »
point about John, seemingly correct.  Sarah on the other hand?  I dunno.  Spartan queen as Sarah Connor, just might work.
But let's not forget they'll have another Terminator (Summer) along to help them fight the other Terminators.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 08:48:16 PM »
I'd be more inclined to think that a Summerbot would realistically be more of a liability than an asset.

"My father was a soldier killed in battle."

"... ... I'm so sorry. *drool leaking out of the corners of mouth*"

I think the actor playing Sarah is a pretty good choice, but I just don't think the writing will be able to do her character justice.

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 08:53:12 PM »
Probably.  But let's give them a shot and see how things pan out.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Snarl!
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 08:55:37 PM »
That's for patient souls like yourself to do while people like me throw things and bark at the moon over how much it's going to suck ass.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 11:15:09 AM »
As long as they stay true to the established universe of the Terminator storyline, it has potential.
I don't see how it's going to be possible.  I can't find dates on Wikipedia, but wasn't Judgement Day originally supposed to happen in like 1998 or so?  Of course, T2 changed history and Judgement Day was delayed until the events of T3, which I'd assume was a present day story in 2003.  One of the comments on youtube suggests that the pilot is only setting up the relationship between the female terminator and John and at the end the show jumps to 2007 which would be after T3 and Judgement Day when Sarah Connor would be dead.  

IF the setting for the show is shortly after the events of T2, then I think it might work in the timeline.  

1997, actually. Yeah, the Terminator timeline is all over the place. Character ages and histories don't synch up with dates and events. As such, I'm not going to take too much of what's in this show as cannon because it seems nothing ever is in this franchise except the most basic concepts for the series.

I am a supreme dork, so I have to watch this show. Regardless of it being good or bad.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 06:51:09 PM »
That's for patient souls like yourself to do while people like me throw things and bark at the moon over how much it's going to suck ass.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... The Internet!

:)
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Snarl!
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 06:56:22 PM »
Yes, people may ignore my frustrated rants in the real world, but by god in these forums I can force you to pay attention!

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 07:39:56 PM »
huh?  What?  I wasn't listening....  ???

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Snarl!
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 07:41:13 PM »
No one was. It's a conspiracy to keep you from questioning whether the fake blood in movies is actually fake and not harvested from spotted owls.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2007, 10:55:27 AM »
why spotted owls?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 11:34:13 AM »
I was originally thinking this would suck eggs, but I see that David Nutter is directing and he was a good director on several of the mythology X Files episodes so mayeb it will be better than I think. And yes, it is very sad that I knew all of that without any imdb help.  :(
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2008, 08:11:16 PM »
Ka-BUMPFROMTHEDEAD!

So did anyone check this out? What did we think?

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2008, 08:16:39 PM »
It wasn't bad. I'm glad to see in the five years that passed between T2 and this show, that Sarah Connor took some "me" time, and got herself breast implants.   :)

And watching Summer Glau kick large men's asses is ALWAYS fun; it should have its own cable network.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2008, 08:23:30 PM »
And watching Summer Glau kick large men's asses is ALWAYS fun; it should have its own cable network.

And now, the related comic image:

Personally, I liked it. And the rationale for the time change wasn't bad either. (Even though PS238 did that a few years back. But I don't think they're getting their ideas from there.) I'll keep watching for a while.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2008, 10:16:13 PM »
I thought it was pretty good. I know it was strictly for budget/contract/personel/storyline reasons, but it's refreshing to see other models of Terminators walking around too. It looks as though they're going to retcon T3, but I suppose anything can happen leading up to that storyline. I loved all the references to T2 and they might actually NOT mess up the clumsily handled time/age continuity. Color me impressed.

My only complaint is that Sarah Connor doesn't look 'tough' enough. Linda Hamilton in ,91 looked like she could snap her modern TV replacement in half.