login

Author Topic: I'm Looking for Sarah Con.... Oh, There she is. Sundays at 8:00  (Read 30557 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 972
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
From the folks at Fox:

THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES (Sundays, 8:00-9:00 PM CT/MT): Executive producers Josh Friedman ("War of the Worlds"), David Nutter ("Supernatural," "Smallville") and C-2 Pictures ("Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines") bring to television an intense new drama based on the celebrated heroine of the "Terminator" movies: Sarah Connor.

At the end of "Terminator 2: Judgment Day," Sarah vanquished the liquid metal Terminator sent from the future to kill her teenage son, John. Sarah and John now find themselves alone in a very dangerous, complicated world. Fugitives from the law, they are confronted with the reality that still more enemies from the future, and the present, could attack at any moment. THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES reveals what happens when SARAH (Lena Headey, "The Brothers Grimm," "300") stops running and goes on the offensive against an ever-evolving technological enemy bent on destroying her life, and perhaps the world.

Her son, 15-year-old JOHN CONNOR (Thomas Dekker, "Heroes"), knows that he may be the future savior of mankind, but is not yet ready to take on the mantle of leadership that he's told is his destiny. John finds himself inextricably drawn to CAMERON (Summer Glau, "Serenity," "The Unit"), an enigmatic and otherworldly student at his high school, who soon proves to be much more than his confidante she assumes the role of Sarah and John's fearless protector. On their trail are not only threats from the future, but an intelligent and tough FBI agent, JAMES ELLISON (Richard T. Jones, "Judging Amy"), who soon becomes a powerful ally.

Directed by David Nutter and produced by Warner Bros. Television and C-2 Pictures, THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES represents an exciting reinvention of the "Terminator" franchise, in which the strong and intrepid Sarah discovers that protecting her son and stopping the rise of the machines is more difficult than she had ever imagined.

PRODUCTION COMPANIES: Warner Bros. Television, C-2 Pictures

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Josh Friedman, David Nutter, James Middleton, Mario Kassar, Andrew Vajna, Joel Michaels

WRITER: Josh Friedman

DIRECTOR: David Nutter

CAST: Lena Headey as Sarah Connor, Thomas Dekker as John Connor, Richard T. Jones as James Ellison, Summer Glau as Cameron

Well, I'll certainly note that I never expected to see a TV series about Sarah Connor on TV. Especially one that ignores T3 & T4... Plus more River! Woot!

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2972
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: I'm Looking for Sarah Con.... Oh, There she is. Sundays at 8:00
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 01:17:39 AM »
Sunday Nights, huh? That'll  be a nice way to settle down after Animation Domination. :^)

Principal_Skin-trade

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 08:04:33 PM »
I hear they are already planning a spin off and it's about Sarah Condoleeza Rice

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 04:27:08 PM »
Wow, that was a terrible joke.  It kinda made my head hurt when I read it.  Hahaha, just teasing you.  But seriously, it was a bad joke.  I saw the clip on Youtube.  It doesnt look good.  One thing that stood out in my mind was they went ape-shit with the Terminator joint servo motor soud effects.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 07:32:35 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc7mzoqHahU

I can't see how this could possibly work, but it seems like they've got a good cast, so what the hell?  River from Firefly is a reprogramed Terminator?  How bad could it be?

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 07:40:29 PM »
When the hell did John Connor become such a gutless prettyboy? Am I to learn from this trailer that between the first time we saw him as a cocky juvenile delinquent with a Public Enemy shirt and the time we saw him as a transient bum who trucks around on a motorcycle and works as a hired hand, he was essentially a character from The OC and had none of the aggression and resourcefulness that he had every other time we saw him? This looks like absolute poison.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 07:49:33 PM by RobtheBarbarian »

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 07:53:27 PM »
As long as they stay true to the established universe of the Terminator storyline, it has potential.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Snarl!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 08:05:28 PM »
I will say that Skynet's new plan to make their new Terminators look and act like someone we expect to see fixing sandwiches at Subway and thus lull us into a false sense of security is pretty diabolical. Come on... Glau acts more air-headed than she did when she played River. Did they tell her to play dumb?

I can picture an army of Glau-Model Terminators storming the battlefields of the future, driving Civics with machine guns mounted on the sides and blaring Jewel cds through the speakers to intimidate the humans...

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 08:13:29 PM »
This show and Terminator 3 pretty much pissed all over any continuity that the first two movies set up.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 08:17:08 PM »
As long as they stay true to the established universe of the Terminator storyline, it has potential.
I don't see how it's going to be possible.  I can't find dates on Wikipedia, but wasn't Judgement Day originally supposed to happen in like 1998 or so?  Of course, T2 changed history and Judgement Day was delayed until the events of T3, which I'd assume was a present day story in 2003.  One of the comments on youtube suggests that the pilot is only setting up the relationship between the female terminator and John and at the end the show jumps to 2007 which would be after T3 and Judgement Day when Sarah Connor would be dead.  

IF the setting for the show is shortly after the events of T2, then I think it might work in the timeline.  

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Snarl!
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 08:18:25 PM »
I used to like the Terminator franchise, too.

One of these days I'm just going to snap and go on a killing spree of unheard-of proportions. It's going to happen.

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 08:19:12 PM »
T3 ruined it for me.  This show, however bad it may be can't make it any worse for me. 

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Snarl!
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 08:29:33 PM »
It just occurred to me that any model of terminator that fails to kill this incarnation of John needs to be discontinued immediately and all files related to it's design and programming destroyed.

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 08:38:16 PM »
Yeah, well.  What if, let's say, a T-800 failed in T1 to kill Sarah, right?
T-1000 failed in T2.

So scrap those designs right?  Well, I think in T3 it was revealed that John was killed in the future.  What if it was one of those models that killed him?

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Snarl!
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 08:41:31 PM »
Yeah, well.  What if, let's say, a T-800 failed in T1 to kill Sarah, right?
T-1000 failed in T2.

So scrap those designs right?  Well, I think in T3 it was revealed that John was killed in the future.  What if it was one of those models that killed him?

Sarah had a hardened combat veteran experienced in fighting terminators to help her in a first one, and they had an actual terminator to help them in the second one. This time John's just a big, dumb blonde kid and Sarah can't be as hardcore as she was in the second one simply because the odds are against her being so (when was the last time you saw a women as awesome and competent as T2 Sarah on network tv?), so it's going to be disproportionately easier this time around.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 08:46:15 PM by RobtheBarbarian »