Author Topic: Those CBS Dickheads cancelled Jericho!  (Read 4750 times)

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
Re:CBS UN-cancelled Jericho!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 07:35:11 AM »
That was the problem. You can't start out a show in its first season rather new and untested, just to take it away for 3 months and see if people will still watch it when it comes back. I personally thought it was the end of the season back in December. Something's gotta happen. AD had less of an uproar than this did, and it almost made it to Showtime.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:45:02 PM by SecretAgentSuperDragon »

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Bad Movie Historian
Re: Those CBS Dickheads cancelled Jericho!
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 12:58:37 PM »
CBS totally killed this show with it's scheduling. But at least they gave it somewhat of a chance. Fox pulls stuff after a week or 2 sometimes. Drive, Harsh Realm, freakylinks, Lone Gunmen et al. Can you imagine what the 90s would have been like if they were as quick to kill then as they are now? The Truth is Out There would be some very, very obscure Tv trivia question rather than a cultural iconic phrase. Yet they continue to crank out So You Think You Can Dance and World's Craziest Cop Animal Chase Bloopers and Deaths.

and ps  CBS also killed the Class which actually wasnt a totally terrible sitcom.   Feh
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 04:33:28 PM »
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 01:49:04 PM »

"OK, this is nuts!

Multiple sources are telling me that CBS is thisclose to sealing a deal to bring Jericho back for at least eight episodes, possibly at mid-season.

My spies caution that this is in no way official, but it certainly sounds like it could be by day's end. It's now just a matter of signing the actors to new deals and, according to one insider, finding a new soundstage to house the show's sets.

To say this would be a huge victory for crazy TV fans everywhere would be the understatement of the frakkin' millennium.

Developing..."

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 02:20:49 PM »
I'm re-signing the petition all over again. This would be absolutely awesome. Thanks for the info, Pyro.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 12:13:42 PM by SecretAgentSuperDragon »

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 02:43:53 PM »
not a problem, saw that on eztv and knew I couldn't hold it to myself... but sorry if it ends up getting scrapped and I just raised your hopes unnecessarily haha

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 12:56:06 AM »
is there some sort of inside joke those of us that don't watch the show are missing?

For weeks, "Jericho" junkies have been firing e-mails (effectively shutting down InBoxes at CBS and this newspaper), signing petitions and sending bags of nuts to CBS headquarters in protest.

also, according to this LA Times article, it seems pretty definite

When the fan fight to save the show would not let up, CBS began talks with producers about a two-hour movie that would wrap up the show, but the writers were not interested, Barbee said.

"We just felt like that was doing it short-shrift, and it's too big of a story to wrap up in a two-hour movie," she said. "I really think that what has been learned here is that networks are going to have to look at numbers and who is watching their show and who is downloading their show in a different way from here on out. I think they have to understand that the Nielsens are not telling the story anymore and that the 18-49 demographic they're all so keen on is online and that's how increasingly they are getting their news and entertainment."

Since the fan revolt began, "Jericho" viewers have insisted they also would not be satisfied with a TV movie or online re-cap that told them how the "Jericho" story ends.

If the actors sign on the dotted line -- and those deals should be in place in the next day or two -- Barbee said "Jericho" junkies will get their way.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2007/06/its_official_th.html

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 06:27:00 AM »

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 06:29:24 AM »
Oh. And to answer your nuts question Pyro, watch the season finale of jericho on either cbs.com or comcast ondemand if you have it.

Offline eclipt1c

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 12:08:22 PM »
From the front page of IMDb:

TV drama Jericho may have a future after all - the CBS network is reportedly reviewing its decision to scrap the show after a sustained internet campaign. Appalled by the decision to scrap the cult series last month, which follows the fortunes of a community trying to survive after a nuclear attack, superfan Jeff Knoll linked up with online company NutsOnline.com to let TV bosses know just what he thought of them. Other fans caught wind of Knoll's idea, and so far nearly 20,000 pounds (of nuts have been sent to various network executives in New York and Los Angeles. Talks with cast members are now reportedly under way, with a view to making seven more episodes. In a statement, Nina Tassler, president of CBS Entertainment, said the network had been "humbled" and was hoping "to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story."
'Skip to the End' - Spaced

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 12:15:07 PM »
I don't want seven episodes. I want at least 1 more season, if not 2.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 01:40:08 PM »
Imagine the collective outcry if they announce:

"Yeah, we reviewed our decision, and we are still going to cancel it".

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 01:46:12 PM »
This sentence really makes the article:

"Several factors could work in the show's favor: It appeals to the young adult viewers sought by advertisers and was one of CBS' most popular shows streamed online, indicating an audience beyond that measured by traditional ratings."

Wouldn't it be awesome if CBS, normally the most traditional and staid of all the major networks, was the first to tell the ridiculous, dated and inaccurate Nielsen ratings system to go take a long walk off a short pier?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 02:17:46 PM »
Imagine how many shows we would still have if they just tossed out the Nielsen's, and updated it with, I don't know, a signal bandwith detector, or something of the like.

• Cake or Death?
Re: CBS Un-cancelled Jericho!
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 09:39:33 PM »
THEY DID IT!!! THEY'RE BRINGING IT BACK!!! IT"S OFFICIAL!!

I am beyond ecstatic. I can't believed it actually worked. 7 more episodes ordered for fall 07. BYAAAH! And they're gonna rally interest by running reruns during the summer,releasing the 1st season dvd in september, and streaming all episodes online. So everyone: start watching! If you don't like it, I understand, but all I'm saying is give it a chance, you might get hooked, and not in a horrible Grey's anatomy kind of way.

Oh BTW: Here's the news: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070606/ap_en_tv/tv_cbs_jericho;_ylt=Aunxe0ITxVe8Ag_YaujVpV8DW7oF

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:45:25 PM by SecretAgentSuperDragon »