login

Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 33858 times)

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
Re: Thoughts?
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2007, 07:07:48 PM »
I finally got around to watching this one about a week ago. While I thought they nailed a pretty good amount of laugh out loud zingers, I didn't think it was one of their stronger efforts overall. I'm usually a fan of the running gags, but their use here just fell flat for me. I dunno if the movie didn't give them enough to work with or what, but I just thought they were trying too hard at times. One of a very small number of Rifftrax that I was dissapointed with. That's not to say I didn't think it was funny, as I did have to pause on a couple of occasions after particularly gut-busting riffs. It's just that those moments seemed to be spread out between noticeable stretches of 'meh'. I felt much the same way about "Top Gun", so I'm glad Bill nailed his more recent three-man work... as I might have started getting worried.  

Offline DeadlyCinema

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • The Underworld Looks Better in Pink
    • Deadly Cinema: The Myspace Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2007, 08:17:04 PM »
Hate to add to the negative, but this one didn't do much for me. It had a zinger once in awhile ("I'm just glad I didn't end up wearin a shirt through all this"), but it never gained enough momentum to really work. It truly isn't their fault, the movie was just too above-average to really sink their teeth into. Nice attempt, though.

Out of "X-Men", "The Phantom Menace", "Halloween", and "Firewall", "Firewall" is still king so far!

Matthew
myspace.com/deadlycinema
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 08:36:20 PM by DeadlyCinema »

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2007, 01:10:29 PM »
Personally, for all the "like a real wolverine", "like a real toad", etc. riffing, I can't believe they missed the opportunity to poke fun at the fact that "Cyclops" has two eyes.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2007, 01:10:59 PM »
Personally, for all the "like a real wolverine", "like a real toad", etc. riffing, I can't believe they missed the opportunity to poke fun at the fact that "Cyclops" has two eyes.

:clap:

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2007, 07:59:05 PM »
"I'm going to poke out one of her eyes and make her Ms. Cyclops."

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2007, 05:43:07 PM »
The "Magneto / Cereobro" jokes wore thin after a while....

Just watched this one and we really liked it. I had already perused the comments here, so I was aware of the "Cerebro/Magneto" discussion. For some reason, I imagined that their riff on that would go something like this (to the tune of "Po-TAY-to! Po-TAH-to!"):

"You say Cerebro, I say Magneto,
Ce-REE-bro! Mag-NEE-to!,
Let's call the whole thing off!"

And then they would continue with the "Ce-REE-bro! Mag-NEE-to!" throughout. Well, anyway, I thought it was funny so I was a bit disappointed when they didn't do it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 06:33:33 PM by eegah »

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2007, 08:47:49 AM »
The "Magneto / Cereobro" jokes wore thin after a while....

Just watched this one and we really liked it. I had already perused the comments here, so I was aware of the "Cerebro/Magneto" discussion. For some reason, I imagined that their riff on that would go something like this (to the tune of "Po-TAY-to! Po-TAH-to!"):

"You say Cerebro, I say Magneto,
Ce-REE-bro! Mag-NEE-to!,
Let's call the whole thing off!"

And then they would continue with the "Ce-REE-bro! Mag-NEE-to!" throughout. Well, anyway, I thought it was funny so I was a bit disappointed when they didn't do it.

Woo-hoo! They did it in Spider-man! Even though it seems unlikely, I'm going to assume that they saw my comment, liked it, and included it in the Rifftrax!

It's fun here in my fantasy world!  :)