Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 32956 times)

Offline fortytwice

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
    • www.myspace.com/fortytwice
Re: Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 02:18:42 PM »
loved it.  its great hearing bill riff again.

"Stu... the hairless thug"

Offline MrCyNic

• Blue Beer Drinker
    • My ComicSpace page:
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 03:50:15 PM »
I'm just glad we were finally able to get beyond Thunderdome...

A couple of nicely judged nods to the MST3K crowd, and strong comedic chemistry between the riffers. I couldn't really have asked for much more.

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2006, 04:57:43 PM »
And you can tell Bill's been doing his homework -- he resurrected Mike's "oily rags" riff from XXX;D
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2006, 05:10:28 PM »
  It's weird coming to this Rifftrax as a comics fan.  When Mike is making up names for more members of the original group and says Mr. Bouncy, I'm thinking that Beast is a much better name.  During Stan Lee's cameo, I was wishing they were fans enough to acknowledge him and use him as part of a joke.
   I'm glad they did eventually give it up on the -o names, Cerebro, Magneto,etc. but they should have remembered that they have one of those as part of Rifftrax, Disembaudio!!
   My favorite line was based on Senator Kelly but turned to a Mike riff, "I'm pale and I have a slight paunch, so sue me!"  Nice of Bill to point that out!
   Have to go. The Hulk is in the new episode of the Fantastic Four cartoon on CN. I have my priorities.

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2006, 05:21:48 PM »
Personally i got really bored with the same jokes that came up over and over again. You know like the  Magneto Cerebro thing, Just like a real whatever, the nameio jokes & the Mystique jokes. It might be that i am comic fan that i didnt find those all that funny. Not that it was bad. But i kinda found alot the jokes to be bland. Not that i didnt laugh. But it just wasnt Laugh out load funny like Crossroads, Road House and Star Trek V. Overall i would put this one down there with The Fifth Element.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 05:24:15 PM by Road_Element »

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1449
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 05:37:55 PM »
Careful, you guys might make Mike cry.

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 06:30:53 PM »
  No, no, I'm not saying I didn't like it, but this is the first time they've done a movie that I liked and that does make it harder  to appreciate the funny.  I'm well aware of the plot holes in super-hero movies but that really doesn't make them any different than any other type of movie.
   As a couple of examples, look at the current movie "Little Miss Sunshine"  I thought it was excellent, but you have to accept that the parents were clueless as to Olive's routine for the pagaent plus you have to accept that the son had gone several years with never a hint of being color-blind.  (I'm trying not to make these "spoilers.")  I think of both of these plot-points as being as far-fetched as Mystique's shape-shifting abilities and just want to point out how most movies demand some degree of "suspension of disbelief."  I suppose this just means that I'm being as defensive about this movie as any Fangoria reader taking offense at jokes about "Attack of the Giant Leeches."  So sue me.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3043
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2006, 07:30:51 PM »
Hi-Larious once again. I cannot wait until all Bill and Kevin join Mike for a three-way. Keep them coming!

GO DODGERS

THINK BLUE

We ARE talking about Riffing, right? ;^)

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2006, 07:37:09 PM »
Well its not that i didnt find it funny at all either. But when your dealing with a comic movie especially not a bad one. Comics are kind of a fantasy and being so you kind of have to stretch your imagination to believe that a guy could have metal on his skeleton. Dose it make any sense. Hell no. But that half the fun of comics. Overall i did laugh quite a bit. Its just i didnt laugh as much as i did with the other. Its to bad mike & bill arent fans. I mean it would be nice if they said something at the Stan Lee cameo. Like "Look there Stan Lee, Hes not in shock, Hes just died" or "i think Stan Lee just peed his pants". Also there could have been some Jack Kirby jokes. like "Jack Kirby must have been so high when he was drawing this". Anyways i not saying its bad. I did find it funny. Just maybe not as funny was i could have been.  But its probably more funny to people who dont get into comics.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 08:00:00 PM by Road_Element »

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2006, 10:35:32 PM »
Best Rifftrax to date?  YES, yes sir it is.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1449
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2006, 10:45:11 PM »
Don't stop there.  Tell us why you like it so much.  I honestly want to know.

EDIT:  Especially when there are people who disagree with you. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 10:49:11 PM by varietyofcells »

Offline SaucyRossy

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2006, 10:49:23 PM »
X-men is tied for the best rifftrax for me with Roadhouse. (I have not seen STV or Crossroads yet)
It was just great, I LOVED the Cerebro and Magneto gag. Me and my friends started saying it over and over after watching it.

Also Bill's line after Cyclops asks Wolverine if he wanted to wear yellow spandex was PERFECT. "Marvel comic fans everywhere heart rates just doubled!"

Because when I saw X-men in theatres I literally yelled YES at the screen....i know im a geek.

But all in all I thought it was absolutely hilarious and it makes me extremely excited for Top Gun.

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline Tarantulas

• Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2006, 10:59:04 PM »
I mostly liked it for the interaction between Mike and Bill.

The "Magneto / Cereobro" jokes wore thin after a while....

Its an enjoyable movie to watch, so it made for a good riff.

They did take the tasteful way out with the opening scenes, I'm sure Zachsmind would be proud.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3043
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2006, 11:25:57 PM »
I'm also going best Rifftrax Ever. The riffing was right up there with some of the best MST3Ks. The running gags, the subtle in-jokes, naming Professor X "Rolley," the awesome back-and-forth. Rifftrax has found its voice! :^)

Offline SaucyRossy

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2006, 12:14:52 AM »
yeah i guess the Cerebro/Magneto thing could bother some people...but not me nor my friends. We loved that gag. The whole thing was great and Bill had great timing. I havent seen STV yet so i will reserve judgement as to which was better.

But now I am as Im sure most of you are dying for a rifftrax with Bill, Kevin, and Mike all on the same trax....maybe there teasing us and leading up to it.

Or maybe they just havent all had the time to do it together either way...iMake it so.

PleasE?

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!