Author Topic: Ask Mike Discussion  (Read 34519 times)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
Re: Ask Mike Discussion
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 08:02:54 AM »
I just wanted to express my respect to Mr. Torso for living such a full life despite the challenges inherent in lacking a head and limbs.

Apparently he's a doctor as well...

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 09:22:43 AM »
Thanks for posting the link, and glad you like the podcast this time around.

You can subscribe to the feed through iTunes, by searching for "rifftrax" or from the blog page -

http://www.rifftrax.com/blog - and clicking the iTunes button on the right side.

Here's the blog entry for the latest podcast, just in case: http://www.rifftrax.com/blog/?entry=askMike_051407

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 09:39:45 AM »
Way to plug "Joe's Shoes" and not give us a weblink!    You corporate fat cats will never take over the world this way.

Offline Barrett808

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 01:42:19 PM »
It's true that Ruination is a fine brew, but if you want the phattest hop buds in a bottle, you, Mike, need to try Anderson Valley's Hop Ottin' IPA.

Also, from further north, there's Great Divide's Hercules Double IPA (9.1 ABV!), which kicks so much @ss.

If fact, it's probably best if you just fly up here to Seattle, and we'll get you some Maritime Pacific Imperial IPA on cask. From there, you'll stagger to Hale's brewery down the street, where you'll ingest their special edition Mongoose Double Dry-Hopped IPA. 

Then we'll put you on a cab back to SeaTac.

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 04:22:24 AM »
I am just wondering if the Admins and Mods told Mike that the first podcast was not well received.  I am just curious because the 2nd one was SO much better. 

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 09:22:10 AM »
It's true that Ruination is a fine brew, but if you want the phattest hop buds in a bottle, you, Mike, need to try Anderson Valley's Hop Ottin' IPA.

Also, from further north, there's Great Divide's Hercules Double IPA (9.1 ABV!), which kicks so much @ss.

If fact, it's probably best if you just fly up here to Seattle, and we'll get you some Maritime Pacific Imperial IPA on cask. From there, you'll stagger to Hale's brewery down the street, where you'll ingest their special edition Mongoose Double Dry-Hopped IPA. 

According to Uncle Rufus,

"Ruination is far hoppier than Hop Ottin', Ruination is a double-IPA whereas H.O. is a single IPA. It's good but it doesn't compare. If you want hoppy, try Pliny the Elder (double) or Pliny the Younger (triple)."

My personal favorite is Exponential Hoppiness, brewed by Alpine. It's a triple IPA also. I think it's around 11% A.B.V.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 09:24:20 AM by torgosPizza »

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 01:42:34 PM »
I liked the second one, i think the only issue i have with it is just that it seems to take a lot of time inbetween each and such, but hey im not complaining because i know that Mike is a busy man now with all of the trax he is working on and everything, just keep them comming and ill be happy :)

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 04:13:27 PM »
We have another one to release this week, to pad them out. We only record them when we do a movie so it's not quite that often yet. I'm hoping we'll get to do them more frequently in the near future, though.

Offline Barrett808

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 10:34:03 AM »

According to Uncle Rufus,

"Ruination is far hoppier than Hop Ottin', Ruination is a double-IPA whereas H.O. is a single IPA. It's good but it doesn't compare. If you want hoppy, try Pliny the Elder (double) or Pliny the Younger (triple)."

My personal favorite is Exponential Hoppiness, brewed by Alpine. It's a triple IPA also. I think it's around 11% A.B.V.

Funny, I just had Ruination from the bottle last night, and it still doesn't taste quite as hoppy to me as Hop Ottin'. No accounting for taste, I guess.

Thank you for the tips on the triple IPAs (!). The Russian River site (http://www.russianriverbrewing.com/pages/beers/plinytheyounger.html) says Pliny the Elder is 100 BUs, while the Younger is "gobs of BUs". Makes me want to trek down the coast next weekend.

Offline LolygagerX

• Schnappi Supporter
  • You think he likes Ham,Wait til ya see me like Ham
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 10:26:23 PM »
This may not be the appropriate place to ask this... But what is The Film Crew? Can i get all of the information on what it is, How it was started etc...etc...

AHH!! WE HAVE MOVIE SIGN!!!

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 02:50:02 PM »
(http://www.russianriverbrewing.com/pages/beers/plinytheyounger.html) says Pliny the Elder is 100 BUs, while the Younger is "gobs of BUs". Makes me want to trek down the coast next weekend.

Yeah. Pliny the younger is far too hoppy for me. I prefer the Elder, but my favorite is Exponential Hoppiness. "The Most Dangerous Beer in America" - and for good reason! Triple IPA without the taste of one.

This may not be the appropriate place to ask this... But what is The Film Crew? Can i get all of the information on what it is, How it was started etc...etc...

Film Crew is a series of 4 movies, each on their own DVD - along the lines of mst3k. Mike Kevin and Bill recorded them 3 years ago. complete with skits and intro / outro (like MST but without the sci-fi theme) ... they were originally done for Rhino but Shout Factory is the one releasing them.

www.filmcrewonline.com

Note that they are just coming out this year, but they were done long before RiffTrax. Not sure if they will ever do more of them - I know I'd like to see some RiffTrax DVD releases with all three guys myself!

MontyServo

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 05:47:01 PM »
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that Episode 3 of the podcast has been posted.

Mike answered my question!!!   :cheers:

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 05:50:06 PM »
lol thanks for the heads up!

Offline JoshWay

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 3
  • My mother was a demon!
    • My iRiffs
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2007, 11:50:36 AM »
So is this where we start speculating about Mike's Crispin Glover comments?

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2007, 12:02:26 PM »
Well let me be the first to jump to the conclusion.

OBVIOUSLY Crispin Glover is slated to do a Rifftrax on Batman and Robin. :^) Or maybe John Glover, who was actually in the movie. :^)