login

Author Topic: What did we learn from one of the best casts ever in a Rifftrax Charade  (Read 369 times)

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 38
We learned that you can have one of the best casts ever and need a damned flowchart to keep track of things
We learned that you can have a plot a plot and that it really doesn't matter
We learned that you can have an an older Cary Grant in a romantic lead and actually acknowledge that he is older. Go figure
We learned that you can have a movie in 1965 with a person with a handicap and acknowledge that he has it and not make fun of it. Go figure
We learned that this movie makes no effing sense in any way, shape, or form when you get to the ending but I'm avoiding spoilers
No really I can poke a thousand holes in that ending
We learned that Walter Matthieu is not good in everything he is in. It's not his fault in this case. His part was bad. Oh and he had a mustache?!
We learned that it's kind of fun to listen the Nelsons riff together but next time let Bridget have her Martini's.
There really was a lot of wasted cast members here.
There really was a rushed ending that didn't make sense. I guess they ran out of budget for something called an editor.
I could keep going. I'm going to stop.
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline Lunquewill

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 18
Re: What did we learn from one of the best casts ever in a Rifftrax Charade
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 02:30:51 PM »
I learned that Mike Nelson is colorblind. I didn't know that until I watched this.

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 11:43:50 PM »
I learned I had never seen this like I thought I had, and that it is public domain.
I learned despite the age gap, the pair had a great deal of chemistry together. And I meant the actors, not the riffers.
I learned I figured out the last swerve with the way it was set up from the beginning
I learned movies nowadays don't have the wit and charm of Grant and Hepburn. Actually it might confuse someone that's never seen an older film if you put it in a modern day one.
I learned this is easily one of my favorite films they've done on its own. And it wouldn't have worked quite as well if it was a different mix of riffers. Good call on the gang. And I'd like to see it again with this type of film if possible.
I had to pay for this since I didn't put quite enough in the kickstarter for it. And it was worth every penny.

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 03:13:11 PM »
@dbsommer I paid as well. I enjoyed the movie but the plot holes were really annoying the heck out of me. So many things of how they got from the beginning to the ending.
Yes I agree that Grant and Hepburn worked well together. Two of Hollywood's classic actors. I just thought the story felt rushed even at two hours. I mean I'll just say it. How did the three guys not know who Dyle was? They fought a war with him. The whole dang movie hinges on this.

If you don't mind there is some really old sandwiches waiting for me to eat them because my employer doesn't have the money to give me anything better.

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 08:34:44 PM »
@dbsommer I paid as well. I enjoyed the movie but the plot holes were really annoying the heck out of me. So many things of how they got from the beginning to the ending.
Yes I agree that Grant and Hepburn worked well together. Two of Hollywood's classic actors. I just thought the story felt rushed even at two hours. I mean I'll just say it. How did the three guys not know who Dyle was? They fought a war with him. The whole dang movie hinges on this.

If I recall They thought Grant was Dyle's brother and that Dyle was dead. They never met Walter and thus didn't know he was still alive. Unless I'm misremembering something. The movie flowed pretty quickly and it was all new to me so I didn't pay close close attention.

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 02:39:24 PM »
It makes more sense if they thought he was Dyle's brother. I need to go back and rewatch the beginning. That would make the plot work a heck of a lot better.