Author Topic: Now Available - Avengers: Endgame  (Read 699 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3823
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Now Available - Avengers: Endgame
« on: July 24, 2020, 12:18:43 PM »

https://www.rifftrax.com/avengers-endgame

Back when there was a box office, Avengers: Endgame became the biggest movie of all time. This was very important to a lot of people for some reason.

Okay, we know the reason: hollow voids where more important things should be. But it was all worth it for the Harley Keener cameo in hour five!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe has been building to this moment for over a decade, and all your favorite heroes are here to take on Thanos: Captain America. Thor. Black Widow. The Iron Shiek. Dr. Octagon. Gritty. Mrs. Doubtfire. Queequeg. The Meat Puppets. The delivery guy from Setting Up a Room. Handsome Pete. Dril. Funky Kong. The Human Stain. Three Finger Brown. Commander Keen. Princess Tomato. Merlo the Magician. Professor Layton. Billy “White Shoes” Johnson. Sir Hiss. Okay, you know what, this started as a joke but now we totally want to watch this film.

Why are you still reading this?! Avengers: Endgame is eight hours long! Get started! Shoo! Go! Mike, Kevin, and Bill are waiting, so make with the riffing!

Written by: Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, Conor Lastowka and Sean Thomason

Contributing writers: Jason Miller and Zachary Shatzer

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 34
Re: Now Available - Avengers: Endgame
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 02:26:20 PM »
Gritty and the Meatpuppets? Now there is a duo that I'd like to hear. Gritty doing Lake of Fire.

Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 372
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 08:47:52 PM »
Have it authored and ready to go, but 3 hours for a crappy super hero movie! The 2 other Avenger movies I've seen bored me to tears, but I kept watching hoping for something that never came that would justify the positive reviews. But at least they weren't 3 hours! Obviously not a critique of the riff I haven't watched yet, but dreading the length for what I antcipate will be as bad as a Teansformers movie but twice as long.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 844
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 05:53:06 AM »
On the bright side 11 minutes of the run time is credits....
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Anarchemist

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 07:20:06 PM »
Have it authored and ready to go, but 3 hours for a crappy super hero movie! The 2 other Avenger movies I've seen bored me to tears, but I kept watching hoping for something that never came that would justify the positive reviews. But at least they weren't 3 hours! Obviously not a critique of the riff I haven't watched yet, but dreading the length for what I antcipate will be as bad as a Teansformers movie but twice as long.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Three hours for a freakin superhero movie?!? People in silly costumes pretending to fight and blowing stuff up. For 3 solid hours.
Like you said, not a critique of Rifftrax or the riff, more about how and why on earth did silly, fun superhero movies become this ridiculously bloated epic?
Earlier today I severed my own head and attached it to the bell of this baritone saxophone.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 328
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 10:57:40 PM »
Agreed, but on the other hand I saw a picture of "fat" Thor the other day and it almost made me want to watch this riff. That and a description of Hawkeye's death. I imagine both scenes are hilarious.
I hate comic book movies and in the face of what is going on today in the world they appear even more dated, foolish, and irrelevant.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 08:29:28 AM by losingmydignity »

Offline kunedog

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 12:04:44 AM »
It's escapism; the lack of contemporary politics is a feature, not a bug.  Speaking of which, I'd definitely watch Roadhouse: Tokyo.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 01:39:36 AM »
It's escapism; the lack of contemporary politics is a feature, not a bug.  Speaking of which, I'd definitely watch Roadhouse: Tokyo.

Oh I hate politics in my art and my trash. But those movies don't make me feel I've escaped from anything. They just make me feel how militarized and creepy America has become. But now I'm getting into politics I suppose. But I can't help feel creeped out by the those movies, especially now. All the more reason to have a laugh at them, I suppose.

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5211
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 07:23:04 AM »
Granted not making a political statement is a political statement in of itself, but we're already sliding towards the politics section.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 409
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2020, 12:41:02 PM »
Still in the middle of this, but so far my favorite line was at the end of the diner scene, with Professor Hulk.  I think it was Bill who said "that bowl of scrambled eggs has got to be so cold by now, and it's all I can think about".  I laughed so hard because I went through the same thing when I saw this movie the first time.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline JusSonic

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 08:02:58 PM »
I gotta ask: why the hate towards Hawkeye? Granted, he doesn't got major powers like the rest but he deserves to be a hero like everyone else.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 844
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 04:58:30 AM »
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 07:00:58 AM »
I gotta ask: why the hate towards Hawkeye? Granted, he doesn't got major powers like the rest but he deserves to be a hero like everyone else.

Just for one day. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Anarchemist

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 06:45:22 PM »

Alan Alda is the only Hawkeye in my book!
Earlier today I severed my own head and attached it to the bell of this baritone saxophone.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 522
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2020, 09:40:56 AM »
Three hours for a freakin superhero movie?!? People in silly costumes pretending to fight and blowing stuff up. For 3 solid hours.

This is exactly what Endgame is not though, and anyone who has seen the movie can tell you that. My biggest critique of the film is that there are long stretches between interesting things actually happening. IMO, Infinity War has the best pacing of any Avengers movie, and Endgame probably has the worst. It just kind of wanders around occasionally hitting an interesting scene or or moment or battle until you get to the climax.

But it sounds like you've made your mind up already, so not sure if this makes a difference anyway.