login

Author Topic: Now Available - Avengers: Endgame  (Read 697 times)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1024
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
Re: Now Available - Avengers: Endgame
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 06:32:10 PM »
Three hours for a freakin superhero movie?!? People in silly costumes pretending to fight and blowing stuff up. For 3 solid hours.

This is exactly what Endgame is not though, and anyone who has seen the movie can tell you that. My biggest critique of the film is that there are long stretches between interesting things actually happening. IMO, Infinity War has the best pacing of any Avengers movie, and Endgame probably has the worst. It just kind of wanders around occasionally hitting an interesting scene or or moment or battle until you get to the climax.

But it sounds like you've made your mind up already, so not sure if this makes a difference anyway.

Yeah, Infinity War was better paced. It was a better movie all around. And wow, I didn't realize it takes over an hour for the "time heist" to even start, until the guys mentioned it.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 409
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2020, 02:53:41 AM »
I gotta ask: why the hate towards Hawkeye? Granted, he doesn't got major powers like the rest but he deserves to be a hero like everyone else.

That is the reason.  People like Black Widow and Hawkeye are incredibly skilled of course, compared to normal people.  But you put them up against someone naturally powerful like Thor, Captain Marvel, or Scarlet Witch--or someone with powerful technology like Iron Man or War Machine--and they're nothing.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6411
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2020, 07:00:30 AM »
I gotta ask: why the hate towards Hawkeye? Granted, he doesn't got major powers like the rest but he deserves to be a hero like everyone else.

That is the reason.  People like Black Widow and Hawkeye are incredibly skilled of course, compared to normal people.  But you put them up against someone naturally powerful like Thor, Captain Marvel, or Scarlet Witch--or someone with powerful technology like Iron Man or War Machine--and they're nothing.
I was a doubter at first too before the first Avengers movie. But I thought that movie did a good job showing that they earned a place on the team.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1024
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2020, 06:44:52 PM »

I was a doubter at first too before the first Avengers movie. But I thought that movie did a good job showing that they earned a place on the team.

Yeah, I think the high skill characters are more interesting and more deserving than those that rely on "magic" powers. Or drugs.