Author Topic: Thinks I learned from The Streets of San Franitaly  (Read 153 times)

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 32
Thinks I learned from The Streets of San Franitaly
« on: July 24, 2020, 10:19:03 AM »
I learned that the chief looks a lot like a larger Adam West
I  learned that I may be a fan of malaise cars but that when the movie is from that time they look pretty bad. Although Mustang II yeah!
Oh about the Mustang II. It's dropped off for no reason.
I learned that the police have no radios because reasons.
I learned the same bunch of actors get reused even when filmed in the US. Hello President who hated Trash!
I learned that this makes the San Francisco of East Meets Watts almost look better.
I learned that the fallout joke will entice me to buy a movie. I've played that too much.
I learned that figure 8 racing is stunt driving
I learned that you shouldn't piss off a woman who works at a funeral home
I learned that the soundtrack CAN BE VERY LOUD

« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 10:22:42 AM by fodder650 »
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3787
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Thinks I learned from The Streets of San Franitaly
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 12:31:41 PM »
I learned, to paraphrase a riff from an earlier movie, that if you don't know how to end your movie, just end it!

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 32
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 08:20:28 AM »
I learned, to paraphrase a riff from an earlier movie, that if you don't know how to end your movie, just end it!
Ways to make Kevin happy. Just ending a movie and not letting it drag on for no dang good reason.
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 406
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 07:40:09 PM »
I learned that a pre-recorded cassette tape with detailed directions will be accurate down to the second and make exact allowances for things like traffic and stop lights.

Seriously, when Estrada's partner was following that tape to the ransom drop off point, it was a serious take on a joke that was used on an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 406
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 03:47:58 AM »
I learned that the soundtrack CAN BE VERY LOUD

I was confused at that part.  I don't know if this was incompetence or if it was intentionally drowning out the dialogue.  Movies sometimes do things like that in montages where the actual words are unimportant, but you want to convey that characters are speaking.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.