Author Topic: What did we learn from Close Encounters of the Greydon Kind  (Read 406 times)

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 38
"He hates these cans"
"The pilot of Blue Thunder really doesn't like being on the right side of the law"
"Cybil Shepherd really does better in a comedy"
Where was the clown in the spaceship? I need clowns in my Greydon Clark spaceships!
Horns get stuck on when you don't hit a tree
The IT Crowd Wireless internet box also detects black holes
Cars provided by Subaru of SCREW YOU VERMONT!
Speaking of cars. AMC Eagle for the win!
Oh Martin Landau don't worry Space 1999 is in your future and in the future
Why do cows always have to suffer? What do they to MOOOOO
Oh hey it's the guy from "The Dark" as one of the hicks!
Acting is hard when your Dad is old Ironsides
Edit - I'm going to do an edit here. I just looked up Greydon Clarks IMDB and learned that sadly we lost his wife who has starred in a couple of his movies. It doesn't say how or when. Just that she is his late wife. We would know her best as April from Angel's Brigade.
Not since Megaforce have we seen a sort of skydiving scene from 1980 look that bad
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 06:02:39 PM by fodder650 »
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 412
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
Re: What did we learn from Close Encounters of the Greydon Kind
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 02:32:03 PM »
I re-learned how refreshing Hires root beer is.

I learned that diners sell entire six packs of beer.

New Mexico cattle ranchers are extremely passionate about the health and well being of their cows.

I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 12:35:53 AM »
I learned that Greydon Clark can make a normal bad movie with no absurd elements in it. This was just bland and boring. Not ridiculous like Star Games, Dark Future, or Angels Revenge. And thus there was nothing truly terrible to riff on it. This has been the first truly meh riff I've seen in a while

I learned that JMV never had any acting talent in anything. How he ever found work is beyond me.

I learned that Sybil Shepard's accent kept going back and forth. And that she had already done Taxi Driver and Last Picture Show before this. Landau at least did plenty of average to below average stuff in addition to the good ones. But she had been going well with a string of decent movies before this turkey.

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 02:43:05 PM »

Edit - I'm going to do an edit here. I just looked up Greydon Clarks IMDB and learned that sadly we lost his wife who has starred in a couple of his movies. It doesn't say how or when. Just that she is his late wife. We would know her best as April from Angel's Brigade.
Not since Megaforce have we seen a sort of skydiving scene from 1980 look that bad

I'm late to the party --

Jacqulin Clark also "acted" as Greydon's wife in Star Games.  It was truly a family movie.