login

Author Topic: One of the best  (Read 460 times)

Offline Cement Shoes

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3
One of the best
« on: June 13, 2020, 02:01:37 PM »
I've seen a bunch of rifftraxes at work thanks to my brother. 

This one starts off pretty slow but kicks into high gear when Jan Michael Vincent shows up.  After that the boys click and roll all the way through.  That egg scene was repulsive LOL.  Top ten all time.

Offline Anarchemist

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 30
Re: One of the best
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 12:51:58 AM »
Wow. I thought this was one of the worst, least funny ones I have managed to sit through in quite a while. A bad TV movie with almost not a single laugh from the riffing. Maybe because Suburban Sasquatch set a recent high bar, I thought maybe they were on a roll. Nope. This was painful--the movie and the riffing.  (Both Aladdin and Suburban Sasquatch were vastly funnier)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:54:33 AM by Anarchemist »
Earlier today I severed my own head and attached it to the bell of this baritone saxophone.

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 12:29:24 AM »
Found this one very middling. Nothing really happens in the first 30 minutes, so there's nothing work with. After that it picks up some, but again there's nothing absurdly awful like in Star Games. It's just normal bad. JMV is terrible, as always, and the son of the local cattle baron is absurd, but everything else is meh. It's a bad movie, but unremarkably so.

Offline Anarchemist

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 07:38:07 PM »
Found this one very middling. Nothing really happens in the first 30 minutes, so there's nothing work with. After that it picks up some, but again there's nothing absurdly awful like in Star Games. It's just normal bad. JMV is terrible, as always, and the son of the local cattle baron is absurd, but everything else is meh. It's a bad movie, but unremarkably so.

Agree. It def was not one of the worst, as I incorrectly stated. I think my hopes had gotten a bit high based on the original comment. But Middling is indeed a better description.  I thought Suburban Sasquatch was WAY up there with Birdemic and Guy From Harlem. And Aladdin was also excellent, though less so, but excellent. So this was a let down by being middling. (And I love me some Cybil Shepard! Why the heck isn't Moonlighting streaming anywhere, anyway??)
Earlier today I severed my own head and attached it to the bell of this baritone saxophone.

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 11:16:45 AM »

Agree. It def was not one of the worst, as I incorrectly stated. I think my hopes had gotten a bit high based on the original comment. But Middling is indeed a better description.  I thought Suburban Sasquatch was WAY up there with Birdemic and Guy From Harlem. And Aladdin was also excellent, though less so, but excellent. So this was a let down by being middling. (And I love me some Cybil Shepard! Why the heck isn't Moonlighting streaming anywhere, anyway??)

Yeah, like Feeders before it, SS is a train wreck of awfulness, absurdity, and a cast and crew that didn't understand how bad they are at doing a movie while putting all of their hearts into it. Thus there is a lot of fodder to work with. Something like Wonder Women (which I saw recently) has an oddball style to it, as well as being low budget, and has a lot of different stuff to work with. The Return is just regular bad. Honestly I think had this not been done by Greydon I don't think they'd have used it. They sort of 'cashed in' on his name since he had done some godawful stuff. Although I'll go on record as saying 'Final Justice' was so-so as a movie in and of itself. Cheesy, sure, but Baker and the locations and the flow of the movie were okay. I think I enjoyed the riff more than many, though. Both versions.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 11:20:39 AM by dbsommer »

Offline Anarchemist

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 04:42:32 PM »
Wonder Women is in my personal top...er 20 of Rifftrax. Such a funny one, and so weird!