Author Topic: Now Available - Bride of the Gorilla with Bridget and Mary Jo  (Read 75 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3745
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
I've been asleep at the wheel, so I have a few older announcements to make today!

https://www.rifftrax.com/bride-of-the-gorilla

She’s a bride. He’s a gorilla.

What happens when they meet and fall in love in the jungles of South America? Murder and mayhem, that’s what!

Raymond Burr is a plantation foreman who kills his employer, then has at his boss’s hot wife. But the neighborhood witch just happens to witness the murder and puts a curse on him, which has him roaming the jungle doing a lot of things not on the honey-do list.

Written by: Bridget Nelson, Mary Jo Pehl and Matthew J. Elliott

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 196
    • My website full o' stuff.
Re: Now Available - Bride of the Gorilla with Bridget and Mary Jo
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 04:13:01 AM »
I have family friends (as in my mom and their mom were friends before their children (my generation) were born) where the father of the family would watch the types of B-movies they watch on MST3K unriffed (eg. the Ed Wood movies, Rocketship X-M, etc.). While they didn't much like the idea of MST3K, the son of the family loved the show. Since I met (and even riffed(!) with) Frank Conniff and Trace Beaulieu, they told me that they wanted a movie that they could find that has a good print and is also in the public domain. After looking through the son of the family's DVD collection, I stumbled onto this movie. While I don't know if there's a good print of it yet, I do know that it is indeed in the public domain. I haven't watched it yet, so I am looking forward to see Bridget and Mary Jo riff this movie! That being said, I guess the fact that there's a rifftrax riff of this movie really lessens the chance that the Mads would riff this movie. :(