login

Author Topic: No  (Read 408 times)

Offline Toranaga

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 31
No
« on: May 22, 2020, 01:30:12 PM »
Not good, sorry.  Riffers in three different locales and sounds like it. It's particularly jarring with the varying quality of microphones.  The riffs are themselves are decent but the interplay is sorely missed.  No point in a three man riff if you don't interact with each other.

You need to record and broadcast to each other, one in each side of a headphone.  You have to mix the four audio tracks anyway so easy fix for syncing.

Kevin and Bill need new microphones.  Fucking Magats lesbunny, grug and castle are paying for that or they'll be kicked out of the forum.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4851
Re: No
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 01:56:52 PM »
What?

Offline eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 336
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 02:16:18 PM »
I did notice that Bill sounded different than the other two, but I didn't notice any problem with the interplay.

As for the last sentence, I assume it was meant as a joke but it was a bit harsh...and not funny.

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 05:01:54 PM »
Yeah they sounded different but each week it's getting better than the last one with quality. I mean that's all I'm getting from this post. That we are getting any content all in these two months is good. We could be getting nothing right now. So I'll take what I can get and we are getting some quality stuff right now.
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2908
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 06:31:48 PM »
Absolutely bizarre (and nonsensical) attack on forum members out of nowhere - Toranaga can have a warning and a 1 week time out.
FINE

Online MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 825
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 09:16:43 AM »
What is/are "Magats"?
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7121
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 09:32:35 AM »
i'm assuming it's something to do with MAGA, implying that the people they listed are pro-trump because they express concerns with the presumptive democratic nominee.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 336
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 09:58:06 AM »
I think the idea is that "MAGAts" sounds like "maggots".

They probably aren't Trump supporters, but "they express concerns with the presumptive democratic nominee" is a really benign way to put it.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3696
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 01:03:10 PM »
And right about there, we take things back down to the inferno, please.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 400
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 01:35:20 PM »
i'm assuming it's something to do with MAGA, implying that the people they listed are pro-trump because they express concerns with the presumptive democratic nominee.

I just Googled it, and it's some combination of MAGA and maggot.  I think it's just a general derogatory term for supporters of president Trump. 

I can't make sense of that last sentence, even if I strip away the political start of it.  "....lesbunny, grug and castle are paying for that or they'll be kicked out of the forum."  Paying for what?  Is this some way of saying "those three people paid good money for this riff and don't deserve poor audio quality riffs". First off I'm not sure which, if any of those three, actually bought this riff.  Even if all three did, why would someone be expressing someone else's customer satisfaction, unsolicited?  I mean, I did buy the riff and didn't notice audio quality problems.

Or is it saying that those three people should somehow be punished for poor audio quality on a riff?  Like those three are actually Mike, Kevin, and Bill's forum handles. 

Yes, I think I figured that out.  Fess up guys!  Your cover is blown!  Now just let us know who is who!
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Toranaga

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 01:22:25 PM »
If you're unable to sync with each other for future riffs you're just going to have to quarantine together.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4851
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2020, 01:48:15 PM »

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3696
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2020, 07:28:01 PM »
Fun fact: Rifftrax has been produced remotely since like 2014. They were already primed for remote riffing. The disconnect you're hearing is probably psychosomatic.

Online MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 825
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2020, 06:49:53 AM »
Fun fact: Rifftrax has been produced remotely since like 2014. They were already primed for remote riffing. The disconnect you're hearing is probably psychosomatic.

I think up untill the pandemic they at least recorded the riffs together if the "Talkin'" videos are any indication.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Toranaga

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #14 on: Today at 03:09:34 AM »

I don't know what you mean.  Let's backtrack.

I'm saying Aladdin sounded like they were in different places cut off from each other.  No interaction in between each other.  No interplay.  No laughing at each other's jokes.  Sounds less spontaneous.  Like they're just taking turns telling jokes.  I don't remember it sounding like that before.

When I say they can sync together I mean they can all record at the same time and broadcast to each other at the same time so they can react to each other.  There will be transmission delays obviously, but the delays can be ameloriated by editing after the fact.

If they're unable to do this the obvious answer is to quarantine together so they can record in the same booth at the same time.  Now that I think about it that's much better anyway.

Any word on my request for moderator authority?