Author Topic: Covid 19 Social Distancing Meta Episode this Sunday!  (Read 657 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 360
Re: Covid 19 Social Distancing Meta Episode this Sunday!
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 01:41:17 PM »
Pretty sure KTMA riffs were all improvised and only thing written was the host segments. J. Elvis leaving was supposedly in part due to
not liking going from the improv riffing at KTMA to the scripted riffing that started in Season 1. He must have come around though as his career since leaving has been in script writing and he took on the Mike type head writer role for Cinematic Titanic.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 324
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2020, 08:08:17 AM »
Wow, I watched this and it was really fun. I find Season One eps hard to get through and I never had finished Moon Zero Two. I liked the spirit of the whole thing. The scripted countdowns gave it a nice "loose" feel and the whole enterprise, as weird as it was (it is a weird time for us all) had a more MST vibe than all of Season 11 and 12 combined. I was deeply moved too at one point.

Took me a while to ease into it because so much  was going on and my eyes kept being drawn to Emiy's reactions (more interesting than the film I must say). I think she'll be a great host if they go for another season. And always great to see Joel.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2020, 10:27:27 AM »
I was hoping for more riffing, but yeah, Emily's reactions were great and as a host she would bring back the midwestern vibe that was missing in Seasons 11 and 12. Could definitely see her as host.