Author Topic: What did we learn while avoiding having our junk burned  (Read 150 times)

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 29
What did we learn while avoiding having our junk burned
« on: March 27, 2020, 08:07:01 PM »
Well if your a Pink Floyd fan there is another film besides More to listen to watch with them on the soundtrack. I mean they didn't choose to be here but hey it's here.
There is "One of these days", a bit of "Echoes" and I think one more early Pink Floyd song.
Oh and Shaft's theme is here as well.
I learned that the second half of this movie has some of the strongest riffing featured in quite a while. This was a lot of fun to watch.
I learned that that the guys can pop you right out of a movie with a riff with things like "Hey is this a good time to teabag him?" which was a great line and then follow it up with another great stinger
I learned that a stick beats nun-chucks
I learned that our Bruce Lee movie wasn't the only Rifftrax where we have the Chinese versus the Japanese. Although this time we get it with an oldtimey slur
I learned that our lead who is a "Boxer" doesn't use any boxing moves at all in the movie
I learned that, once again, there are only so many voice actors in the world and that you get to know them over time
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 86
Re: What did we learn while avoiding having our junk burned
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 12:04:09 AM »
I learned while I like these types of films, this was bland. Also found what was cut...we didn't miss anything that would have made it better.
I learned a henchman was smarter than the boss when it came to, 'These people are poor, so taxing the shit out of them nets us nothing' and 'stealing their only means of production means we don't get jack'. (Okay, even the boss admits its his superiors giving him dumb orders, but still)
I learned the bad guy was smart enough to realize the hero was a bad ass and tried to avoid conflict with him.
I learned I still love Roadhouse callbacks.
I learned I have no idea why even the Japanese believed weasel Japanese guy and anything he said. Nothing he did wasn't weasely.
I learned you can show a scene of having successfully hidden a guy, even putting in a false catch then having the bad guys walk away, then it turns out in the next scene they found him in the place they were shown walking away from. Nothing was cut, it actually happened just like in the riff.
I learned the wife survived despite the hero choosing the greater good over her. The movie dodged the trope.
I learned while this was fun, Death Promise was deliciously better, Fists of Fury was better made, and Robovampire was more insane. I would recommend getting those three before this, despite it being fun.
I learned there wasn't a single ninja in this. I'm not talking Ninja Scroll bad assery. I'm not asking for LA Blue Girl kunoichi, Not even Five Deadly Venoms coolness. I mean just one, frigging ninja.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 12:06:00 AM by dbsommer »

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 29
Re: What did we learn while avoiding having our junk burned
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 07:54:35 AM »
@Dbsummer - it really was all about the fishing in the end. There was an allusion to someone higher up but that was never worked on and ignored.
Oh and I definitely agree about Roadhouse call backs.
Fodder's just this guy, you know.